TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: galwayman on December 15, 2021, 02:05:29 PM
Where would I find the first 2 seasons of Succession? Season 3 is being repeated on Sky Atlantic in the next few days so I have that set to record but looking for the first two seasons.
Can't seem to locate them on Netflix or Prime video.
Cheers

I watched them through Sky boxsets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2021, 02:11:01 PM
Where would I find the first 2 seasons of Succession? Season 3 is being repeated on Sky Atlantic in the next few days so I have that set to record but looking for the first two seasons.
Cheers

Mentioned to her in doors about this, straight away onto google, black comedy, politics. media blah blah!!! Looks like I'll be watching it on my own, she has got worse as she's got older!!

Her limit is, say yes to the dress ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lurganblue on December 14, 2021, 12:26:09 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2021, 07:46:05 PM
Just watched the Succession finale... superb

Superb ending.  No likeable characters but yet there is joy in seeing them cut each other to bits
A brilliant final episode. Sets up the next season nicely
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2021, 12:10:25 PM
Just binged The Defiant Ones on Netflix.  Obviously it has now been out a while. Quality behind the scenes music documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine. I found it fascinating but it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.
Does it go into much details on the creation of Beats, and then the sale of it to Apple?

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on December 16, 2021, 09:30:59 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2021, 12:10:25 PM
Just binged The Defiant Ones on Netflix.  Obviously it has now been out a while. Quality behind the scenes music documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine. I found it fascinating but it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.
Does it go into much details on the creation of Beats, and then the sale of it to Apple?

Jesus spoilers much!!!

I does yeah :D

galwayman

Cheers

Ah right it seems my Sky package doesn't give access to the Box Sets - I have whatever the basic package was a few years back.
Will find a stream somewhere no doubt.

JoG2

Quote from: galwayman on December 16, 2021, 09:48:22 AM
Cheers

Ah right it seems my Sky package doesn't give access to the Box Sets - I have whatever the basic package was a few years back.
Will find a stream somewhere no doubt.

I've been casting them to the TV from the TeaTV app from my phone galwayman

Abble

Cheers

cinema hd app

JimStynes

Finished Gomorrah season 5 and it was very good but weaker than the other ones. Still up there with the best TV show I've watched.

bennydorano

Quote from: JimStynes on December 24, 2021, 04:36:00 PM
Finished Gomorrah season 5 and it was very good but weaker than the other ones. Still up there with the best TV show I've watched.
I've 2 episodes to go and I don't know what has happened with it tbh. It's been a bit shit with some shocking hammy acting, Mistral & lil monk especially. I've found myself laughing at the cheesiness of it all at times

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on December 24, 2021, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 24, 2021, 04:36:00 PM
I've 2 episodes to go and I don't know what has happened with it tbh. It's been a bit shit with some shocking hammy acting, Mistral & lil monk especially. I've found myself laughing at the cheesiness of it all at times

It seems a rushed job. Probably covid or something but it looks like the went one season too many.

galwayman

Thanks lads.I should have stuck with the fire stick for the main Tv.
It seems to be a lot more difficult to get apps like CinemaHD on the Apple TV.
Also using Express VPN is more awkward with it by far.
Might swap it back again

nrico2006

Dexter really got going the past few episodes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 27, 2021, 10:51:31 AM

Really enjoying it.

Watched The Night Of, been out a wee while. Thought it was excellent.

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on December 27, 2021, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 27, 2021, 10:51:31 AM

Really enjoying it.

Watched The Night Of, been out a wee while. Thought it was excellent.

Only watched that in the summer myself, thought it was brilliant.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'