Donegal to become part of UK?

Started by T Fearon, November 22, 2017, 08:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It would tip the Taig content beyond 50%. Well beyond it. Rossnowlagh is not worth the effort. Unless the Taigs took over and all Unionists were forced to call their first son Dubhaltach. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Fearon and Taylor need to take their tablets!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

I find John Taylor funny.He once said of Ian Paisley ranting that you just need to let it go for five minutes as he always runs out of steam at that point! 😂.

Still capable of winding people up at 80 years of age!

mouview

Has the time finally come for the South to invade the benighted North, drive out the Sassenach and put the place out of it's misery? It would solve one of the mainland's biggest Brexit problems in a stroke and be doing a huge favour to No. 10.

ashman

seafoid

It must be fake news. Lord Looney would spell it Donegall
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Does the good Lord not own a lot of free state local and regional newspapers,via his Alpha group.I also heard him say years ago,he was a close friend of Brian Mc Eniff and has used his hospitality outlets on many occasions,and likes to see Donegal do well on the GAA front.

He is far from the worst I can tell you. When his kids were small and wanted more pocket money they had to set up an appointment with him in his office at home,during which they had to fully justify their request upon which he would make a decision! 😂.Seriously.

Denn Forever

The only plus side would be those people who have to travel to Dublin for Consultant outpatient visits.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Not saying his solution is in any way feasible, but he has certainly identified a problem with Donegal being the forgotten county by Irish governments over the years.

ashman

Quote from: T Fearon on November 22, 2017, 11:07:17 AM
Does the good Lord not own a lot of free state local and regional newspapers,via his Alpha group.I also heard him say years ago,he was a close friend of Brian Mc Eniff and has used his hospitality outlets on many occasions,and likes to see Donegal do well on the GAA front.

He is far from the worst I can tell you. When his kids were small and wanted more pocket money they had to set up an appointment with him in his office at home,during which they had to fully justify their request upon which he would make a decision! 😂.Seriously.

A county team going well is good for local newspapers .   I am sure Baron Kilclooney will be a good supporter of teams where he has a commercial interest .

Rossfan

Why are all ye Nationalists not calling that man by his real name -John Taylor???
Leave the feudal nonsense to th'other crowd.
J70 Donegal is one of about 20 Counties forgotten by successive DUBLIN Governments.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

How often do you hear of people visiting Ireland and doing the circuit from Dublin to Kerry to Galway and back? The government has traditionally done little to promote Donegal as a tourist destination, whether it's through simple access issues via road/rail or advertising or whatever. We're slightly trendy now due to attention from international off-the-beaten-track-type hype and Star Wars, but how long will that last? Even during the height of the Celtic Tiger, unemployment was still high there. The border fucked Donegal for decades.

lurganblue

No doubt he has a mobile in Dunfanaghy

bennydorano

Taylor has often talked about Donegal, I can recall reading an article where he'd said he'd far rather have taken Donegal in Partition and left parts of Tyrone and Armagh to the Free State.