Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2011, 06:33:38 PMI am at a loss about who will play 12 though... Is Fitzgerald an option at all?? That's our biggest weakness!!

Maybe we saw the answer in the last 15 mins - O'Gara at 10, Sexton at 12.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Hardy on August 20, 2011, 07:50:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2011, 06:33:38 PMI am at a loss about who will play 12 though... Is Fitzgerald an option at all?? That's our biggest weakness!!

It looked to work well alright, but I think that the both of them play better when they know the other is waiting in the wings to come on. McFadden seems the best option considering D'arcy is so off form, although I don't expect him to travel.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Myles Na G.

Maybe's the right word, but a bit late to start trying it out in the last 15 competitive minutes before selection.

Capt Pat

I think the reason Darcy and Ferris played and the reason we have all these warm up matches is so Darcy and Ferris  etc can play their way back in to form. That is what warm up games are for.

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on August 20, 2011, 08:07:24 PM

It looked to work well alright, but I think that the both of them play better when they know the other is waiting in the wings to come on. McFadden seems the best option considering D'arcy is so off form, although I don't expect him to travel.

screenexile

Sorry CP I totally disagree with that. These games are about building momentum and a style of play when we get to NZ.

We have no form and are now relying on a one off performance against Oz to beat them rather than good form!!

INDIANA

first time I've ever agreed with Screen on anything. Its amazing how the Irish rugby fan will never criticise full time professionals for making the basic errors but will quite happily slate amateur gaelic footballers for doing the same. I think its hilarious.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on August 20, 2011, 08:54:13 PM
first time I've ever agreed with Screen on anything. Its amazing how the Irish rugby fan will never criticise full time professionals for making the basic errors but will quite happily slate amateur gaelic footballers for doing the same. I think its hilarious.

You obviously haven't been on any of the rugby forums. Some of the players are being crucified.

BennyCake

A month of this shite soon.  Feck, I'd rather watch the X Factor!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on August 21, 2011, 01:21:08 AM

Is rather watch this than feckin Armagh try to play football! There are 200 other channels I'm sure you can find something else to watch while the Rugbys on!

snoopdog

the D4 press will go mad for it. Cover to cover. we wont be able to escape it.
Thankfully the matches will be on that early that if your not a band wagon jumper or a crowd follower you will miss them. a blessing in my opinion.
How much of the world actually take part in this WORLD CUP

Myles Na G.

Quote from: snoopdog on August 21, 2011, 11:49:38 AM

Thankfully the matches will be on that early that if your not a band wagon jumper or a crowd follower you will miss them. a blessing in my opinion.
When does the GAA World Cup start?

Mayo4Sam

Very poor yesterday from a lot of fronts, Earls was brutal, does he ever look outside him, every ball is carried inside and never off loaded,continuously losing the ball in the tackle. johnny should have taken the head off him for the garryowen f**k up
O'leary was brutal again, his passing is terrible, he's making ROG look like a better player than johnny cause ROG gets reddan.
Darcy is living off two years ago, his tackling is non existence.
Ferris looked hungry when he came on, savage in the ruck
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Capt Pat

That is interesting with the games on at between 6' and 9 o clock in the morning.
I wonder what will happen to the ole ole bandwagoner pub going brigade. They might be made very quiet and small in number by the early hours.

johnneycool

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 21, 2011, 02:26:27 PM

That is interesting with the games on at between 6' and 9 o clock in the morning.
I wonder what will happen to the ole ole bandwagoner pub going brigade. They might be made very quiet and small in number by the early hours.

There'll be a special dispensation granted to bars to open in the morning of the games as the meeja believe its only fair that Fiacra and his buddies can get a heino in as they soak up the atmosphere of this unique occasion.

Did Thomond Park not get a dispensation to serve drink on good friday a while back?

Capt Pat

A chap on planet rugbys forum says O Leary and Fitzgerald are out. McFadden and Murray are in the squad. Geordan Murphy is going instead of Jones.