Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shyted

gallsman

Absolute state of the pair of you.

Main Street

Quote from: shyted on August 22, 2020, 10:58:57 PM
100% right main st
Persoon was a different person altogether after this fight compared to the last fight against Katie.
She was utterly frustrated last time (justifiably?)  thinking she had won, just on her superior aggression and durability. This time despite a broken nose and battered face, she was almost jovial and totally accepting she was beaten by the more skillful boxer.
They look like good buddies now, probably will join in on a prayer of thanks  together.

gallsman

Whyte knocked out cold with one uppercut in the 5th having won every round, even put Povetkin down twice in the 4th. Huge KO.

rodney trotter

Dillian Whyte was dominating there and then boom, uppercut.

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 11:22:40 PM
Whyte knocked out cold with one uppercut in the 5th having won every round, even put Povetkin down twice in the 4th. Huge KO.

Wow. One of the biggest knockouts I have seen.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: square_ball on August 22, 2020, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 11:22:40 PM

Wow. One of the biggest knockouts I have seen.
Asleep before he hit the deck.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 10:40:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 22, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Well done to Katie, seemed a more definite  clear cut victory than last time,  more techincal skill and cleaner hits from Katie  probably impressed the judges. I think Persoon acccepted she was well beaten this time.
Do you get off on being a contrary f**k or what exactly is your deal?

She wasn't "well beaten" in the slightest, as acknowledged by basically everybody but you.

You sometimes overvalue your opinion gallsman 😂

Captain Obvious

Katie Taylor was introduced on the telly as a Team GB Olympic athlete.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on August 22, 2020, 11:51:15 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 10:40:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 22, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Well done to Katie, seemed a more definite  clear cut victory than last time,  more techincal skill and cleaner hits from Katie  probably impressed the judges. I think Persoon acccepted she was well beaten this time.
Do you get off on being a contrary f**k or what exactly is your deal?

She wasn't "well beaten" in the slightest, as acknowledged by basically everybody but you.

You sometimes overvalue your opinion gallsman 😂

Every single analyst or pundit with any credibility whatsoever said it was another extremely close fight. Plenty of people gave it to Persoon. Anyone claiming she was "well beaten" is either a twat or doesn't have a f**king clue about boxing. Your man up above is both.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2020, 12:16:53 AM
Katie Taylor was introduced on the telly as a Team GB Olympic athlete.

The ''GB'' probably stands for ''Greater Bray'' Area!  ;D

nrico2006

Glad to see Whyte beat, slabbering for weeks about Fury when he should have been focused on Povetkin. Shows you how corrupt the sport is though when Whyte was guranteed a shot at the title but Povetlin wont be.

Taylor could now become the first person to hold all 4 major belts in two divisions amd also the first to hold them simultaneously if she beats MacCaskill again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 23, 2020, 11:08:11 PM
Glad to see Whyte beat, slabbering for weeks about Fury when he should have been focused on Povetkin. Shows you how corrupt the sport is though when Whyte was guranteed a shot at the title but Povetlin wont be.

Taylor could now become the first person to hold all 4 major belts in two divisions amd also the first to hold them simultaneously if she beats MacCaskill again.

Povetkin has failed that many drug tests it could be argued he shouldn't ever be allowed in the ring again, let alone fight for a title.

oakleaflad

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2020, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 23, 2020, 11:08:11 PM

Povetkin has failed that many drug tests it could be argued he shouldn't ever be allowed in the ring again, let alone fight for a title.
Sure Whyte's no better

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 10:33:24 PM
No problem with 96-94 but 98-93 a bit wide. Either of them could have been given it. KT with the skills and better boxing as always, Persoon with unbelievable pressure and volume.

I thought it was a draw to be honest but I can see how it is hard to score a fighter like Persoon who throws 100 punches, hitting nothing but air with 90 of them. The fact Taylor went toe to toe in the last minute of the last round would tell you her corner were far from certain of victory. 98-93 was a bit off alright I thought.