Cillian O'Connor wins Golden Boot Race

Started by Angus, September 24, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Cards overturned left, right and centre last night in Mayo. Seems a farce to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gael85

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2020, 07:45:58 AM
Cards overturned left, right and centre last night in Mayo. Seems a farce to be honest.

Happening in every county. Did you see the red card Austin Gleeson got rescinded? And then sent off again at weekend.

reillycavan

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/cillian-oconnor-record-breaker-tipperary-fairytale-ends-221290

Cillian display today should put  him as front runner for player of year and nailed on All Star.  Having a great season since league/championship resumed.  Seems to have overcome discipline issues and enjoying his football again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: reillycavan on December 06, 2020, 08:33:41 PM
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/cillian-oconnor-record-breaker-tipperary-fairytale-ends-221290

Cillian display today should put  him as front runner for player of year and nailed on All Star.  Having a great season since league/championship resumed.  Seems to have overcome discipline issues and enjoying his football again.

Yellow carded today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Still not a Marquee Forward! If he played for Galway, Kerry or Dublin he would be! Mayo don't produce forwards!

WhoDat

don't really understand the lack of respect people have for this chap. he lost a bit of form there for a couple of years, but he was an incredible young player and his early seasons in the senior mayo set up were terrific. he seems to have rediscovered that form this year. he's having some season and if mayo finish the job, i'd say he'll get POTY. he seems integral to the mayo set up, on and off the field. and ultimately, the numbers don't lie.

The Trap

He wont get POTY if Dublin win the final......Dean Rock, Brian Fenton, Ciaran Kilkenny, James McCarthy etc. having great years with opponents unable to get close to them.......unless he does something like score 2 8 in an heroic loss......but I just cant see Dublin letting him do that......ultimate test for all of the Mayo young players too.

SouthDublinBro

By all means hype him up again before the final.

reillycavan

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 06, 2020, 08:51:23 PM
Still not a Marquee Forward! If he played for Galway, Kerry or Dublin he would be! Mayo don't produce forwards!

Off  course he a marque forward. Tommy Goals Conroy is a class act too.

Angelo

He was brilliant today.

Against Tipperary.

In a blitzreig team performance.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

WhoDat

Quote from: The Trap on December 06, 2020, 09:11:07 PM
He wont get POTY if Dublin win the final......Dean Rock, Brian Fenton, Ciaran Kilkenny, James McCarthy etc. having great years with opponents unable to get close to them.......unless he does something like score 2 8 in an heroic loss......but I just cant see Dublin letting him do that......ultimate test for all of the Mayo young players too.

that's why i said, if mayo finish the job, he'll get it

MayoBuck

A lot of talk about "once in a generation" this weekend. Cillian is certainly that and may not be fully appreciated until he's gone.

Halfquarter

Quote from: The Trap on December 06, 2020, 09:11:07 PM

I think O'Connor might get it, people are fed up of Dublin winning everything 😀

whitey

Out of curiosity how much did the Gooch ever score from play against Dublin?

6th sam

Probably the best finisher in the history of the game, not a "marquee forward" in the mould of Gooch, Canavan whose skill level sets them apart , but he's a different type of a player.  What Mayo have added is a couple of great decision making forwards . O'Connor's decision making has improved further and O'SHEA is now even more effective.
What distinguishes this Mayo team from previous finalist teams , is that their tactics, decision making are now as good as Dublin's . Hunger, freshness, and more quality players , makes them a serious threat , given that Dublin were lucky to beat them before.
I think this could be Mayo's year