Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

A few sets of these wouldn't have went amiss yesterday!!

ashman

highorlow

QuoteHaven't seen it mentioned but with about 8 mins remaining, Donaghy came out for a ball and from my spot it looked like O'Carroll pushed him in the air as Donaghy rose to fetch it. It was a very easy free to narrow the gap but a minutes later Dublin broke and scored. Don't think it was the point that Brogan took about 8 steps but the one before that. Was a huge appeal for the foul on Donaghy from the crowd, not sure if it looked as obvious on the TV.

Another small margin incident was the foul on Geaney late in the 1st half. This would have cut the lead to 2 points but the Dubs counter-attacked and McMahon got his point to make it 4 up at 1/2 time.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

orangeman

It wouldn't be fair to try to blame the ref for Kerry's defeat. Yes Kerry will feel slightly aggrieved looking back but Dublin were by far the better team yesterday and could have won by a lot more than the final margin which maybe flattered Kerry a bit.

macdanger2

Eamon Fitz bringing on Galvin for Moran was a strange move, surely Walsh was the man to bring on if Moran was to go off

johnneycool

Quote from: ashman on September 21, 2015, 10:57:07 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 10:54:11 AM

JC
Young Munster !!!!!!

Those fancy coloured slippers just weren't up to the task yesterday.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnneycool on September 21, 2015, 10:54:11 AM

Unless the pitch was like concrete I only ever wore these studs,  nicely filed into a point :P

Dublin were the better team on the day but it astounds me how Kerry were out thought on the pitch.  The pushing back of Cooper by McMahon was excellent, Fitzmaurice should have made a switch and left Cooper in the FF line.  Played a 3 man FF line and played Donaghy on the square earlier.  Yesterday was a day for a slippy ball on the square off a break from the Star.  I would even have hooked Cooper for the middle part of the game and put Darren O'S on in his place and then brought Cooper back on with 20 to go when there was more space. 

Dublin definitely had more option and were better condition.  They also outfoxed Kerry and that's not done very often.   

westbound

I actually thought it was a day to try out the twin towers approach for kerry when nothing else was working.

Hard enough trying to mark Donaghy, but put tommy Walsh beside him for the last 10 minutes and land balls in on top of them with Gooch and Darren o'sullivan feeding off breaks.

In those conditions, nobody was going to catch anything launched in there but it would have taken at least 4 dublin defenders to mark them two, leaving a lot of space somewhere else!

AZOffaly

Meant to say, Congrats to Indiana, Heffo, Canal Man, HillisBlue and feck it, even squire in navy slacks. Enjoy the celebrations lads. And wait till next year in Leinster!!!! note, next year in Leinster may be very easy

Maroon Manc

Quote from: westbound on September 21, 2015, 12:10:05 PM
I actually thought it was a day to try out the twin towers approach for kerry when nothing else was working.

Hard enough trying to mark Donaghy, but put tommy Walsh beside him for the last 10 minutes and land balls in on top of them with Gooch and Darren o'sullivan feeding off breaks.

In those conditions, nobody was going to catch anything launched in there but it would have taken at least 4 dublin defenders to mark them two, leaving a lot of space somewhere else!

I agree with you, don't get taking JOD of either; He didn't have his best game but still kicked 3 points from play.

Probably already been mentioned but the time keeping is a joke, three and half minutes were wasted between 2 frees either side of injury time not to mention the time wasted on Cluxton's free's.

straightred

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2015, 01:48:23 PM
Quote from: westbound on September 21, 2015, 12:10:05 PM

I agree with you, don't get taking JOD of either; He didn't have his best game but still kicked 3 points from play.

Probably already been mentioned but the time keeping is a joke, three and half minutes were wasted between 2 frees either side of injury time not to mention the time wasted on Cluxton's free's.

Yeah - thought some of the switches were strange. We know now that McCaffrey was sick so presumably he took himself off so that explains that one. Couldn't understand taking JOD off; from half way through the 2nd half it was becoming clear that they'd need a goal so you have to leave him on; could have easily took cooper off instead.

Timekeeping - couldn't have argued with another 2 mins - there were plenty of stops throughout the 2nd half

muppet

Was at the game.

Dublin were by far the better team. Kerry seemed to have no idea how to attack with a wet ball, which is bizarre when you think about it.

The game wasn't much of a spectacle from a purist pov but it was still an enthralling contest all the same. The only blights for me were the behaviour of Donaghy and McMahon. Hopefully the former will just piss off and retire while the latter should be getting a long ban, but no doubt it would be appealed and overturned anyway.

Congrats to Heffo and all the Dublin lads here. 3 All-Irelands in 5 years is amazing stuff. Even Kerry might raise a smile at that.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

What it showed for Kerry was that they have a few fancy dans on their team who don't like it when it gets tough.

JOD in particular may have great hair but he's not a man to win a hard ball.

Gooch was anonymous - David Moran well beaten by a 21 year old.

Massive overhaul required

Bingo

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
What it showed for Kerry was that they have a few fancy dans on their team who don't like it when it gets tough.

Good man, first post on the topic is to gloat and take a few shots at the beaten opposition. What a surprise  ::)

ashman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 02:13:46 PM

Who scored more from play yesterday than JOD ????

Moran has had an average year .  Gooch was playing on a struggling team.

You were a w**ker on Satuday and nothing has changed today .