Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2015, 12:50:46 PM
It's going to be a fascinating final, and I think there'll be space. I think Dublin should try run a bit more through the middle against Kerry. MDMC would wreak havoc there on a gallop, Fenton looks like he likes to do that, and the likes of McCaffery should be ideal for it too.

I don't think the direct ball in all the time will work, because I actually think the Kerry FB line match up fairly well 1 v 1. Paul Murphy will probably pick up Brogan, Enright on Rock (if he keeps his place) and O'Se on Andrews. I think Kerry can be exploited through the middle, and Diarmuid Connolly should have too much for Lyne. Crowley isn't a real stopper sort of centre back, and Killian Young would have his hands full with Flynn (if Flynn can get a performance out of himself). Either way, that half back line won't want to be run at, and Maher/Moran will not want to be expending energy towards their own goals.

For Kerry's part, I expect them to have joy as well up front. They will, surely, try to get Cluxton to kick long. They've done well on his kickouts in the past and I think they'll pressure them again. I expect Gooch to operate out around the 40 and try pull the strings. Connolly or Flynn won't deploy as sweepers, so there should be a bit of space for him to try and pick a pass. O'Donoghue and Geaney (say) will fancy 1 v 1 on anyone in the country. I could see Donaghy starting to try and pressure O'Carroll, but I think that limits Kerry. I think he'll be sprung from the bench.

It should be a great game, and I expect it to overshadow the hurling to be honest.

Murphy would be destroyed physically by Brogan, just look at what McBrearty did when he came on last year against Murphy. He had two points off him in a number of minutes and they had to switch him off McBrearty. I wouldn't be surprised if Murphy doesn't start for Kerry, Bradley have him a torrid time last day out.

DJGaliv

I know he ended the game with 1-2 but I think that Philly McMahon's ill discipline could be the losing of the game v Kerry.

Hound

While Jack McCaffrey has had a great year, and James McCarthy had one of his best games in blue at the weekend (after a mediocre, injury interuppted year) I am most worried about Donnchadh Walsh and Stephen O'Brien. I'd fear they could cause us a lot of problems, which could have knock-on effect for the lads inside.

On the opposite side I'm not sure Kerry have anyone to handle Diarmuid Connolly, and Kilkenny should cause them problems too. Pity Flynn is playing so bad.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Gaaggle on September 08, 2015, 04:29:02 PM
David Coldrick has got the gig: http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0809151301-referees-for-all-ireland-football-finals-confirmed/

Notoriously pro kerry and anti Dublin, another 16 man job, Coldrick can be easily influenced by the Kerry players who constantly surround refs.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 08, 2015, 06:42:43 PM
I'd have liked Marty to get it myself.
;D
Only our own Ollie K could do a better feckup  :)

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2015, 06:34:14 PM
Upset Dublinjoe didn't get the gig? ;D

God know, anyone but Joe but hear he's back up ref.

As long as they crack down hard on players influencing referees e.g Donaghy.

stew

Best of luck to Dublin, I hope Spillane is ranting and raving if Dublin win with only a point or two to spare!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 08, 2015, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2015, 06:34:14 PM
Upset Dublinjoe didn't get the gig? ;D

God know, anyone but Joe but hear he's back up ref.

As long as they crack down hard on players influencing referees e.g Donaghy.

Philly mcmahon did some conversing with kinsella saturday too so coldrick's ears will be sore...

Seamus

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 08, 2015, 06:03:20 PM
David Coldrick has got the gig: http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0809151301-referees-for-all-ireland-football-finals-confirmed/

Notoriously pro kerry and anti Dublin, another 16 man job, Coldrick can be easily influenced by the Kerry players who constantly surround refs.

You should take a look at the league match in 2014, that should change your opinion rapidly. How they have choosen a referee living and working in Dublin is beyond me.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Rossfan

Quote from: Seamus on September 09, 2015, 02:14:13 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 08, 2015, 06:03:20 PM

You should take a look at the league match in 2014, that should change your opinion rapidly. How they have choosen a referee living and working in Dublin is beyond me.

It's not as if GAA HQ would want Dublin to win or the like ::)

Keane

Would enjoy the reaction if they had picked a ref living and working in Killarney.

Hound

Quote from: Keane on September 09, 2015, 12:38:06 PM
Would enjoy the reaction if they had picked a ref living and working in Killarney.
If such a man was from Cork we'd be delighted, because the last thing he'd want would be to listen to all the Killarney yahoos crowing about yet another All Ireland!