Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Well I'd say at least 2k extra would have paid 13 quid in but county board got nothing from them online.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on October 15, 2019, 03:04:04 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 15, 2019, 01:21:59 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 15, 2019, 12:01:15 PM
Yip there was an email on Sunday night to say they refunding everyone. Be interesting to find out how many actually bought it. Bit of a hit on the coffers as the production company will still need paid and they have said it wasn't their fault.
serious financial hit alright considering the crowd at the game was down at least a couple of thousand. Would there have been 2 thousand subscribers at 8 quid?

By the talk of them before game (which worked perfect for me) they were saying there was major numbers involved. There was 6k at the game, I would imagine there would have been just as many (worldwide) subscribed for the online coverage.

Would the general hit to the county boards pocket not be the same if it was 2k or 6k??? Setting aside a some small bank/paypal fees the cost will be the same as they got 8quid in and are giving 8 quid back? ???

Not too sure of how it runs but I'm sure Tyrone TV has employees to pay/equipment hire (assuming they don't own everything for sake of maybe 10 days a year) / remote technical staff maybe involved / Media Costs...I'm sure big Joe needs paid ?

time ticking away

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 03:47:02 PM
Yip there was an email on Sunday night to say they refunding everyone. Be interesting to find out how many actually bought it. Bit of a hit on the coffers as the production company will still need paid and they have said it wasn't their fault.
serious financial hit alright considering the crowd at the game was down at least a couple of thousand. Would there have been 2 thousand subscribers at 8 quid?

By the talk of them before game (which worked perfect for me) they were saying there was major numbers involved. There was 6k at the game, I would imagine there would have been just as many (worldwide) subscribed for the online coverage.

Would the general hit to the county boards pocket not be the same if it was 2k or 6k??? Setting aside a some small bank/paypal fees the cost will be the same as they got 8quid in and are giving 8 quid back? ???

Not too sure of how it runs but I'm sure Tyrone TV has employees to pay/equipment hire (assuming they don't own everything for sake of maybe 10 days a year) / remote technical staff maybe involved / Media Costs...I'm sure big Joe needs paid ?
Southtyronegael talks a bit of sense when you keep him away from the county set up
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

southtyronegael

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 16, 2019, 08:54:08 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 15, 2019, 02:58:44 PM
Should be 10 quid to watch the 2 finals online. So maybe 11 quid to actually go.

Dont know about that. To go to the game should be cheaper than to watch it online, because if not it will give an easy excuse for neutrals and fans to watch it online instead of going and supporting.
ok tenner in, 11 online.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 15, 2019, 03:47:02 PM

Thats my point - the cost is the cost whether 2k tuned in or 6k tuned in - some posters where implying that the more people that tuned in the higher the cost to the county board.

But I do take the point from STG if people had known there was no service the attendance at the game would have been higher at the game and there was probably lost opportunity in that respect!

square_ball

I was more looking at it from the perspective that they would have budgeted at the start of the year for making £10k from streaming the final taking out all expenses (plucked that figure from the sky by the way). Now they are faced with making a big loss having to pay MacAV, logie and anything else required for the streaming with nothing to show on the incoming column. But yeah I do know what you mean at the same time.

Jim Bob

Was Logie commentating? If so were Damian Harvey etc given the heave ho????

skeog

Damian Harvey is a fine amateur commentator who imo on radio is the best locally.I am sure he would have a lot more knowledge than Adrian Logan at club level.

Tyrone Gaa

You can be sure Logie wasn't giving up his time for free.  I thought Damien, paddy hunter and other commentators did a fine job in previous games.  It must have been a kick in the teeth for them to see Logie rocking up to take the final.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Adrian Logan was doing interviews before and at half time then I switched it off. I can't remember whether it was paddy hunter or Damian Harvey commentating with Joe McMahon. The pair of them were also doing commentary last week - a match each with Pascal McConnell (junior)  and Mark Harte (intermediate) on co commentary.

WT4E

Damian Harvey did the commentary

I wouldnt rate him!

Dire Ear

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2019, 01:37:59 PM
Adrian Logan was doing interviews before and at half time then I switched it off. I can't remember whether it was paddy hunter or Damian Harvey commentating with Joe McMahon. The pair of them were also doing commentary last week - a match each with Pascal McConnell (junior)  and Mark Harte (intermediate) on co commentary.
is there anything the hartes aren't involved in?

Mikhailov

Very poor combination whichever way it works out. Harvey not good, Joe not great either, Hunter just about OK, Eugene is a joke....

trailer

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 16, 2019, 04:21:59 PM
is there anything the hartes aren't involved in?

Yes - the new abortion clinic in Garvaghy.