Dubs v Westmeath 25 June

Started by The Hill is Blue, June 24, 2017, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Ok, if fawning over the super Dubs is an addition then he is fine!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

shark

Quote from: highorlow on June 25, 2017, 05:14:09 PM
Ok, if fawning over the super Dubs is an addition then he is fine!

Ah I see.

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
What we learn today is that it's a myth Dublin fans travel, 33k in their home venue and they couldn't even sell out the stand in Portlaoise.

We made them travel to the Hyde and then changed the venue the morning of the match. The biggest victory any county has had over Dublin in a long time.

From the Bunker

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2017, 05:17:56 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
What we learn today is that it's a myth Dublin fans travel, 33k in their home venue and they couldn't even sell out the stand in Portlaoise.

We made them travel to the Hyde and then changed the venue the morning of the match. The biggest victory any county has had over Dublin in a long time.

And Liveline got a week out of it.

#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Captain Scarlet

It's a radio job for me so can anyone tell me if they are right in saying that WH are putting in feeble hits at the back, and are they just kicking out to Fenton constantly?
The fitness of WH has also been questioned. As I said it is Radio here so no harm getting numerous further opinions.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

GalwayBayBoy

Just a narrow 31 point win for the Dubs today. Will need to sharpen up their shooting if they want to contend this year.

shark

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 25, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
It's a radio job for me so can anyone tell me if they are right in saying that WH are putting in feeble hits at the back, and are they just kicking out to Fenton constantly?
The fitness of WH has also been questioned. As I said it is Radio here so no harm getting numerous further opinions.

Yeah that's pretty accurate. The fitness thing probably not so much. I'm sure the WH fitness levels are no worse than 25 other counties. But when your team doesn't have the ball you get tired a hell of a lot quicker.

Shamrock Shore

Sweet fcuk. That was without mercy.

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2017, 05:39:19 PM
Sweet fcuk. That was without mercy.

Dublin's currency is fear. They know well what they're doing hammering D4 teams like this.

Owen Brannigan

There you go, they are a hugely better team without Diarmuid Connolly, better off without him!

maigheo

really looking forward to the extended highlights on the Sunday game tonite while we get 1 or 2 min. of the other games

yellowcard

The sooner the GAA bring in a tiered championship to stop these type of contests the better. Pointless exercise today, Dublin will have had harder training sessions.

Cunny Funt

Dublin will always do that to a team that chose to take them on with no defensive system in place. Carlow who like Westmeath played their league football in Div 4 gave a much better account of themselves against Dublin because they had a defensive system in place.