Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Good luck to our lads today, will be hugely up against it, a very good Galway team.. hopefully we put in a performance..

Antrim unlucky yesterday with the game going straight to penalties! Plenty positives to take from it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Good luck to the Galls today. Hopefully CJ will do enough to earn himself a recall to the county set up..

ciaran1988

Is the league game vs Kerry at Corrigan or Cushendall. I was told Corrigan at the weekend but had previously meant to have been at Cushendall

Minder

Quote from: ciaran1988 on January 21, 2019, 10:10:10 PM
Is the league game vs Kerry at Corrigan or Cushendall. I was told Corrigan at the weekend but had previously meant to have been at Cushendall

Both games at Corrigan this weekend
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Na Glinntí Glasa

i see people questioning on twitter why both games are in corrigan this weekend when previously advertised in Cdall and Glenavy.

to be fair  was told by one of the hurlers in the county panel over a week ago that the Kerry game was to be in Corrigan.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 22, 2019, 09:55:46 AM
i see people questioning on twitter why both games are in corrigan this weekend when previously advertised in Cdall and Glenavy.

to be fair  was told by one of the hurlers in the county panel over a week ago that the Kerry game was to be in Corrigan.

We've been using our pitch for training over the winter and with 2 weeks training time to go to the All Ireland Semi Final the last thing we need is a match on it in these conditions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

makes sense to be fair, i wouldn't of expected yourselves to be giving up your pitch so close to the game.

how do you fancy your chances against them?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 23, 2019, 01:43:40 PM
makes sense to be fair, i wouldn't of expected yourselves to be giving up your pitch so close to the game.

The team we played at the weekend had played St Thomas's very recently in a challenge game, not sure how many first teamers were playing for St Thomas's but the supporters I was speaking to in the pub said it was good game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 23, 2019, 01:43:40 PM

It's a huge ask but if our big players perform we'll not be far away.

MoChara

QuoteAntrim Hurlers to play Kerry #AllianzLeagues

1. Ryan Elliott Rian Mac Uileagóid Cú Chullain

2 Stephen Rooney Stiofán O Ruanaidh Naomh Pol

3 John Dillon Sean O Diolun Fanaithe An Gleanna

4 Phelim Duffin Feilim O Duifinn Cú Chullain

5 Ronan Molloy Rónán O Maolmhuiadh Cú Chullain

6 Simon Mc Crory Siomon Mac Ruairi Naomh Eoin

7 Matthew Donnelly Maitiú O Donnaile Mac Uilin

8 Conor McCann Conchúr Mac Cana Ciceam an Creagán

9 Conor Mc Hugh Conchuir Mac Aodha Roibeard Eimeid

10 Nigel Elliott Nigel Mac Uileagóid Cú Chullain

11 James Mc Naughton Seamus Mac Neachtain Na Seamroga

12 Nicky Mc Keague Nioclás Mac Thaidhg Cú Chullain

13 Eoin O Neill Eoin Ó Néill Cú Chullain

14 Keelan Molloy Keelan Maolmhuaidh Cú Chullain

15 Ciaran Clarke Ciaran O Cleirchin Mac Uilin

16 (GK) Kurtis Mc Greevy Kurtis Mag Riabhaigh Naomh Gall

17 James O Connell Seamas O Conail Gael Culuna

18 Conor Boyd Conchúr Búiteach Mac Uilin

19 Sean Duffin Sean O Duifinn Tir Na nOg

20 Connor Patterson Conchuir Mac Phaidin Oisin

21 John Mc Goldrick Sean Mac Gualraic Naomh Eanna

22 Connor Laverty Conchuir Mac Laibheartaigh Naomh Brid

23 Kevin Rice Caoimhin O Maolchraoibhe Ciceam an Creagán

Only one loughgiel player on the whole panel seems a bit strange to me  :o

imtommygunn

Donal McKinley has been involved too though not sure where he went.

Big Dunloy contingent. McNaughton Molloy and Clarke sounds like a dangerous enough forward unit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 26, 2019, 10:24:04 AM
Donal McKinley has been involved too though not sure where he went.

Big Dunloy contingent. McNaughton Molloy and Clarke sounds like a dangerous enough forward unit.

If they click and get decent ball in I'd say they'd run riot!

Antrim Coaster

bogieman

Well done Antrim gaa.

Having regular match Twitter updates and some pictures and videos for matches are great when unable to go to the match.

Now having live radio commentary as well is brilliant.  :)

Ps what club would let anyone train on their pitch this time of year...

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Well that was disappointing, hard to work that game out...

Kerry were full value and their first touch and tactics worked very well for them.

Losing a player to a straight red card after 5 minutes with Kerry already on top made a hard job even harder! New directive from Croke was simple this year, striking or deliberate hitting on helmets will earn a red card.. Though our lad ended up with a bad cut..

I thought at this point we'd get hammered but you have to credit the lads for rolling up their sleeves and got stuck in, a wonderful played goal by O'Neil brought Antrim to within a score of Kerry who at one point were 11 points up with an extra man!

And even when we lost another player Antrim still had an opportunity to level it at the death..