Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

4-24 is some score for a defensive hard to watch team all the same.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 07:22:15 PM
4-24 is some score for a defensive hard to watch team all the same.

You'd have to say that if a team that don't even leave their half (according to some) can put that score up it must say a lot about the Rossies and sure the Dubs must put up at least 6-50?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Fear ón Srath Bán

4-24 is the most that we've ever scored in Croke, if I'm not mistaken, and if that doesn't exorcise the demons of Dublin's demolition in 2017, especially with the younger lads stepping up, nothing will.

And, of course, we'll still have the Gooch and his like telling all and sundry that he sees no difference, and that we're still far too defensively oriented, blah, blah, blah-blah blah, blah.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

manfromdelmonte

As I said in the original thread

Tyrone will devour Roscommon

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on July 14, 2018, 07:09:54 PM
I'll ask again where's Flanagan the nerdy little shitebag.

So that's 2 of us who have him sussed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 05:55:53 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 05:49:55 PM
Tyrone should be banned from live tv...

Get a life so, why put your sanctimonious self through this purgatory! How many scores constitutes purity of spectacle, in your holy book, incidentally?

county football is at a very low ebb despite the GAA attempts to hype the Super 8... crowds are reflecting that. World Cup much better viewing even Wimbeldon is and of course hurling on a whole different plateau. Not Tyrone's fault whole thing is poor viewing with very very occasional decent game.

The problem is that Tyrone are not the only team that play that way. They just do it better than most of the others.

I also find it amazing that you are not allowed to say you do not like the way a team plays without getting personal abuse. I thought this was a football discussion thread . Can someone give me a reason why this is good to watch for neutrals. Roscommon giving up obviously doesn't help

So we should concede a couple of soft scores to keep Roscommon in the game instead of how we play? I understand that today was a poor spectacle but I don't see how any manager could go out at the start and tell his players forget the successful game plan you know and just have a lash at it. It's not going to happen.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

That'll do Richie Donnelly's confidence the world of good. Did M Donnelly or Harte score from play?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Roscommon should be out. Seriously, after shipping that sort of score - what right have they being there. Sorry Rossies but it's not going to get easier.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 07:04:05 PM
For the first time in gaaboard history, Syferus hasn't posted in 2 hours.

He's canvassing

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2018, 07:42:11 PM
That'll do Richie Donnelly's confidence the world of good. Did M Donnelly or Harte score from play?

Matty got a point from play. All three players mentioned were excellent today. Ritchie beginning to  look like a proper full forward, winning every ball out in front and not being afraid to turn and shoot.
That was never a square ball!!

trileacman

Matty got one point.

Just an aside lads can we leave the childish point scoring with syferus out of this from now and and focus on the football. I'd much rather read an analysis of where Tyrone went right and who played well and where ros need to head from here than to simply run ros into the ground to spite one single wum out of a county of decent fans like rossfan. Etc. Be the bigger men and let it go.

Also f**k off to some other thread with the "state of county football debate". It's been done to ad Nausem and positions are so entrenched that little can be achieved in the way of reasoned debate.

Hard luck to the decent ros fans, that was tough to watch but as I predicted ye have to learn how to use and counter the blanket defence. The top 6 sides can all manage it bar yourselves and I suspect Kildare. There's lessons to be learnt from today's trimming the same way we had to learn from 96.

trileacman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 14, 2018, 07:47:12 PM
Roscommon should be out. Seriously, after shipping that sort of score - what right have they being there. Sorry Rossies but it's not going to get easier.

They qualified for it which was more than Mayo achieved.

red hander

Think Matty got a point, but don't quote me. Huge score, but huge score conceded. Both Roscommon goals were sloppy

ONeill

We're definitely less secure at the back when Colm's off the field.

McCarron was finding Murtagh tough before going off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on July 14, 2018, 07:48:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 07:04:05 PM
For the first time in gaaboard history, Syferus hasn't posted in 2 hours.

He's canvassing

:D Sorry trileacman, couldn't resist that one. And it's not point scoring, it's simply.... satisfaction ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...