Dublin V Donegal

Started by Gareth, June 28, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 30, 2018, 04:15:19 PM
I strayed onto this thread thinking that it was about the upcoming match between Dublin and Donegal - the merits of the two teams and the prospects of each. But of course it's nothing more than the usual anti-Dublin rantfest that is consuming the gaaboard.

I'd tell you go away! But you have little or no experience of the word!

tonto1888

I strayed onto this thread thinking that it was about the upcoming match between Dublin and Donegal - the merits of the two teams and the prospects of each. But of course it's nothing more than the usual anti-Dublin rantfest that is consuming the gaaboard.

I did try so will do so again. With McBrearty out any chance Donegal has of surprising the dubs is gone

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 30, 2018, 05:59:06 PM

I did try so will do so again. With McBrearty out any chance Donegal has of surprising the dubs is gone

No doubt the loss of McBrearty is huge. He would get on to any forward line in the country. However Declan Bonner will be positive as he has been since he took the job. If he beings some of the spirit of 1992 nothing's impossible. (I still remember the state of shock after that game. Dublin were at least as strongly tipped before that game as they will probably be for this game).
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

inthrough

Donegal will certainly go at this game full tilt as they don't have a good enough defence to try & keep it tight.

Whatever elese it will be an entertaining 90 mins.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 30, 2018, 06:41:42 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 30, 2018, 05:59:06 PM

No doubt the loss of McBrearty is huge. He would get on to any forward line in the country. However Declan Bonner will be positive as he has been since he took the job. If he beings some of the spirit of 1992 nothing's impossible. (I still remember the state of shock after that game. Dublin were at least as strongly tipped before that game as they will probably be for this game).

Another home win for Dublin.

Rossfan

Quote from: inthrough on June 30, 2018, 07:35:24 PM

it will be an entertaining 90 mins.
Stick to the socceryball ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

inthrough

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2018, 07:47:44 PM
Quote from: inthrough on June 30, 2018, 07:35:24 PM

it will be an entertaining 90 mins.
Stick to the socceryball ;D
Well spotted rossfan, not that I would be caught dead looking at that terrible game......

Gareth

Good to see the DUB's ( have a wee taster in Healy Park in Omagh MAYBE!! ) NO DOUBT they'll be looking a THIRD Rule in, need this to be a Neutral venue aswell.. AAAAUUUGHHH CCC will have it at CP!!..

3 HOME GAMES THEN..

trileacman

Quote from: Gareth on July 02, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
Good to see the DUB's ( have a wee taster in Healy Park in Omagh MAYBE!! ) NO DOUBT they'll be looking a THIRD Rule in, need this to be a Neutral venue aswell.. AAAAUUUGHHH CCC will have it at CP!!..

3 HOME GAMES THEN..

And some say eloquence is dead.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

3 HOME GAMES THEN..

Must be Ulster Scotch??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2018, 06:03:05 PM

3 HOME GAMES THEN..

Must be Ulster Scotch??

Scotch was probably involved alright.

Mayo4Sam14

Donegal looking for a venue change!
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

FermGael

***** Press Release ****
Following the announcement today by the CCCC regarding venues for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group stage (Super 8's) games.

C.L.G. DhĂșn na nGall are to seek a meeting with GAA Officials to seek clarification on how any County may  use a Ground as both Neutral and a Home venue .

The intention of the meeting is to ensure a level playing field for every team who will qualify for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group Stage and ensure that no team has any advantage over any other team.

Ed Byrne         
P.R.O
Donegal G.A.A

074 9731035 / 087 6030306
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Syferus

Quote from: FermGael on July 03, 2018, 10:12:16 PM
***** Press Release ****
Following the announcement today by the CCCC regarding venues for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group stage (Super 8's) games.

C.L.G. DhĂșn na nGall are to seek a meeting with GAA Officials to seek clarification on how any County may  use a Ground as both Neutral and a Home venue .

The intention of the meeting is to ensure a level playing field for every team who will qualify for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group Stage and ensure that no team has any advantage over any other team.

Ed Byrne         
P.R.O
Donegal G.A.A

074 9731035 / 087 6030306

Love that they had the balls to ask this question.

dublin7

While I agree croke park is dublin's home ground that's not relevant in the super 8s.

Everyone was guaranteed a croke park game not a game at a neutral venue. That's the difference between this game and newbridge. Kildare had the rule book in their favour. Donegal don't!!

Should be changed in the winter but too late for this year,