Dublin V Donegal

Started by Gareth, June 28, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: J70 on July 04, 2018, 02:59:07 AM
That's all fine lads, but the Dubs are getting two home games while no one else enjoys the same advantage. It's about time there was a stop put to this, whether or not it's too late for this season. At the very least, the venue benefits should not favour one particular team. Kildare have started something.

Kildare exploited a loophole. As for the round robin for the last eight, the motion that was voted in at congress was every team in the last 8 would have one home game one away and one game played in Croke park. Croke park is not Dublins official home ground so Armagh or Roscommon have a strong case to get their round 3 game played in Parnell park and if the CCCC deem that venue unsuitable then they have to select a neutral venue and some where other than Croke park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

TheGreatest

Play the 3rd match in Parnell park. All Dublin season tickets get tickets first.

As a fan, more than happy to travel anywhere and give Croke Park game.

Hound

Quote from: Gael85 on July 03, 2018, 11:04:31 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 03, 2018, 11:00:33 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on July 03, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on July 03, 2018, 10:41:04 PM
31 counties should be asking the question, cp is not a neutral venue for Dublin and if a precedent is set this year it will be very hard to change, Clones or nowhere should be the call.Cant believe the likes of Kerry, Mayo Tyrone etc teams that it will more than likely effect in the near future are not asking the same question.

Why wasn't it flagged 15/20 years about Dublin and Croke Park? Dublin played all the 4 in a row against games against Meath in 1991. Drew with Kildare in 93,98 and 2000, Laois 99, all replays in Croker. Don't remember them counties kicking up a fuss at the time? Dublin from 1996-2010 only played 9 out of 60+ championship games outside Croke Park. I'm all for Dublin playing more games outside of Dublin

In those days DUBLIN played their home league games in PARNELL PARK! Meath and Kildare had as much experience of Croke Park as Dublin come the business end of championship!

Dublin played all league in Croke Park from 1990-96 as well.

Ah, but nobody wants to hear that! Shure, Dublin were well beatable then anyway

Will Galway complain about Croke Park if we play them in the semi I wonder?
Will Kerry have a moan about the unfairness of Croke Park for an All Ireland final??

Funny, I don't recall Donegal complaining about Dublin's unfair advantage prior to the 2014 All Ireland semi-final?

Bring it on. Anywhere, any ground. If the GAA "grassroots" want less gate receipts and less money, it's fine by me.

Rossfan

Donegal need to bring a motion to Congress to amend Riail 6.28.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2018, 08:43:16 AM
31 counties should be asking the question, cp is not a neutral venue for Dublin and if a precedent is set this year it will be very hard to change, Clones or nowhere should be the call.Cant believe the likes of Kerry, Mayo Tyrone etc teams that it will more than likely effect in the near future are not asking the same question.

Why wasn't it flagged 15/20 years about Dublin and Croke Park? Dublin played all the 4 in a row against games against Meath in 1991. Drew with Kildare in 93,98 and 2000, Laois 99, all replays in Croker. Don't remember them counties kicking up a fuss at the time? Dublin from 1996-2010 only played 9 out of 60+ championship games outside Croke Park. I'm all for Dublin playing more games outside of Dublin

In those days DUBLIN played their home league games in PARNELL PARK! Meath and Kildare had as much experience of Croke Park as Dublin come the business end of championship!

Will Kerry have a moan about the unfairness of Croke Park for an All Ireland final??

Funny, I don't recall Donegal complaining about Dublin's unfair advantage prior to the 2014 All Ireland semi-final?

Bring it on. Anywhere, any ground. If the GAA "grassroots" want less gate receipts and less money, it's fine by me.
just because Dublin have had an unfair advantage in the past doesnt mean it shouldnt be addressed now.

There needs to be an amendment to say that there will be one home fixture, one away fixture and one neutral fixture.
Any of that first round of fixtures that dont involve Dublin can be played in Croke Park.

Any argument that Croke Park isnt Dublin's home venue is complete and utter nonsense.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2018, 09:10:48 AM

just because Dublin have had an unfair advantage in the past doesnt mean it shouldnt be addressed now.

There needs to be an amendment to say that there will be one home fixture, one away fixture and one neutral fixture.
Any of that first round of fixtures that dont involve Dublin can be played in Croke Park.

Any argument that Croke Park isnt Dublin's home venue is complete and utter nonsense.
Really. Maybe the rule should also be changed to formally state Croke Park is Dublin's home ground and they can thus train on it whenever they like. And semi final and final should be played on neutral ground also? When Dublin is not involved in a semi and final, I'm sure we'll be happy to loan it out!

The more likely outcome is that the GAA will confirm that Parnell Park is in fact Dublin's home ground. Dublin may request to move their Super 8 home game to Croke Park and CCCC will decide whether that is acceptable. Equally any other county can request to move their home game to a bigger stadium if they wish

blewuporstuffed

Hound,
Are you really trying to argue that Croke Park ISN'T Dublins home ground?
They have played every home league game there for around 7 years and play pretty much every championship game there regardless of it being deemed a home fixture or not.
The fact that Dublin 'declare' Parnell park as their home ground is irrelevant.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 04, 2018, 10:10:23 AM
Hound,
They have played every home league game there for around 7 years and play pretty much every championship game there regardless of it being deemed a home fixture or not.
Absolutely we have chosen to move our home games out of Parnell Park to get higher attendance.
You are ignoring my points. You think All Ireland finals and semi finals involving Dublin should not be played in Croke Park. That's fine, good luck with it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2018, 10:39:38 AM
Hound,
Absolutely we have chosen to move our home games out of Parnell Park to get higher attendance.
You are ignoring my points. You think All Ireland finals and semi finals involving Dublin should not be played in Croke Park. That's fine, good luck with it.

So at what point does a ground become your home ground?
Surely the fact that you play ALL your home games there make it your home ground??
Just because you 'declare' somewhere else means nothing

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 04, 2018, 07:16:10 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 04, 2018, 02:59:07 AM
That's all fine lads, but the Dubs are getting two home games while no one else enjoys the same advantage. It's about time there was a stop put to this, whether or not it's too late for this season. At the very least, the venue benefits should not favour one particular team. Kildare have started something.

Kildare exploited a loophole. As for the round robin for the last eight, the motion that was voted in at congress was every team in the last 8 would have one home game one away and one game played in Croke park. Croke park is not Dublins official home ground so Armagh or Roscommon have a strong case to get their round 3 game played in Parnell park and if the CCCC deem that venue unsuitable then they have to select a neutral venue and some where other than Croke park.
Exactly

Rossfan

I presume the Donegal CB have read Riail 6.28? and are just making noise to get a sense of grievance/siege mentality for their lads?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2018, 10:39:38 AM
Hound,

On your other point, no one is arguing about changing the AI semi final and finals away from Croke Park, what would be nice would be an even playing field for the Super 8s to start with.
We will just try and address one of Dublins unfair advantages at a time  ;)

sid waddell

I was totally supportive of Kildare in their fight for a home venue last week, but neither Donegal nor anybody else who are arguing against Dublin has a leg to stand on here.

The Dublin-Donegal game (or whoever was in it) has been fixed for Croke Park since this format was voted in by Congress. There is no question of changing the venue for it.

And there is no difference between Dublin nominating Croke Park as the venue for their home game and Kildare nominating Portlaoise for their home game against Limerick in 2012, or Croke Park as their home venue for league games against Tyrone or Dublin, which they have done.

None whatsoever.

From the Bunker

You see that is where the problem lies. MONEY.

Money has dictated that Dublin had this unfair advantage for a long time now. (The Dublin) Paying had to be satisfied. Sure this stadium is not big enough and that venue is not safe. Think about the Children. Look at all the money you'd be missing out on. Who cares about the advantages to Dublin Football team or their supporters, sure we are making loads of money which ye will be getting back.

Farrandeelin

Will Donegal turn up? Will we have a #neutralornowhere campaign?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.