Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Im going to make a prediction now.

If Mayo get past Kildare they draw Roscommon.
This is a nice R4 draw for the GAA but it also gives them Mayo v Dublin in Croke Park as well as leaving the Mayo v Dublin All Ireland final possibility open. Mayo v Dublin in Croker is the game they want to see happen.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2018, 11:21:45 PM
QuoteHaving said all that, if there's a shock to be had in this round of the Qualifiers tomorrow, look no further -

It won't be a shock. Everything now points to a Kildare win. Even the bookies have trimmed back the lillies to 5/2. Tomorrow will be the end of an era I'm afraid.

We can only do 15 minute or less bursts to get over the line these days and  that includes against Kildare in the league (a brief spell at the end and start of each half won the league game). It was the same last week against Tipp. I fear tomorrow this burst won't happen and Kildare will get enough to creep past us.

Kildare by 1 or 2 points. Fuckit anyhow, these lads gave us a good run over the years.

If we lose, I'm holding those cccc f*ckers responsible for galvanising a previously average kildare side

Captain Obvious

QuoteHaving said all that, if there's a shock to be had in this round of the Qualifiers tomorrow, look no further -

It won't be a shock. Everything now points to a Kildare win. Even the bookies have trimmed back the lillies to 5/2. Tomorrow will be the end of an era I'm afraid.

We can only do 15 minute or less bursts to get over the line these days and  that includes against Kildare in the league (a brief spell at the end and start of each half won the league game). It was the same last week against Tipp. I fear tomorrow this burst won't happen and Kildare will get enough to creep past us.

Kildare by 1 or 2 points. Fuckit anyhow, these lads gave us a good run over the years.
Kildare who lost to Carlow by 7 points then going on to knock Mayo out of the championship would be the shock of the summer.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 29, 2018, 11:26:20 PM
Im going to make a prediction now.

If Mayo get past Kildare they draw Roscommon.
This is a nice R4 draw for the GAA but it also gives them Mayo v Dublin in Croke Park as well as leaving the Mayo v Dublin All Ireland final possibility open. Mayo v Dublin in Croker is the game they want to see happen.
I hate these references to the GAA as them. It's our organisation.  Okay there has to be some people running it but in the main are they not nominated by County Boards?  And if Mayo draw Roscommon and that generates big income, it's not like these guys are going to drink the takings (in fairness they're probably Pioneers) but they invest it back into the game. And it's to the 'GAA' that those in Kildare who are running them down, will be coming to get the money to upgrade their unfit for purpose unsafe ground. I was in it during the Feile 9 years ago, it was a dump then and I'm sure it still is
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 29, 2018, 11:31:29 PM

Kildare who lost to Carlow by 7 points then going on to knock Mayo out of the championship would be the shock of the summer.

Fermanagh beating a hyped up Monaghan side coming off the back of hammering Tyrone would still remain the shock of the summer, C'pn. Mayo's ropey Quailifer performances are part of folklore at this stage.

LilySavage

Why would you do up a stadium for one Leinster Championship game in 30 years ? Ground is ideal for league and club championship. When Kildare ran up that debt, the team were playing week in, week out in qualifiers and over that 5 year period we had more televised games than anyone. We cleared the 'debt' very quickly. There were 15000 in Conleths in 2001 v Donegal. Nobody had an issue then. The ground redevelopment was stalled a couple of times. Once by Leinster Council when they were considering a hair brained M50 share with Meath, a long standing planning obijection by the Doc whose practice is behind where the terrace breaks and again during boom when Conleths was going to be sold for redevelopment as it is located in centre of town. The arse fell out of that like manly there.  KCB took bull by horns and are redeveloping the ground for 2020. Thankfully they are staying put in the heart of the town. And if you think we were wrong to challenge an arrogantly,  greedy CP, who make it up to suit themselves, we'll leave you to it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2018, 11:37:26 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 29, 2018, 11:31:29 PM

Fermanagh beating a hyped up Monaghan side coming off the back of hammering Tyrone would still remain the shock of the summer, C'pn. Mayo's ropey Quailifer
performances are part of folklore at this stage.
Fermanagh had system of play to cause a shock and this was a Monaghan side that lost to Down last year. Ropey and not losing will not be shock for Mayo tomorrow however losing certainly will be a shock against Kildare side that are poor defensively.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fermanagh beating a hyped up Monaghan side coming off the back of hammering Tyrone would still remain the shock of the summer, C'pn. Mayo's ropey Quailifer performances are part of folklore at this stage.

Why do you invariably demolish your very own contributions with wildly hyperbolic shite (rhetorical)? TWO POINTs can never be a fecking hammering, numpty.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: LilySavage on June 29, 2018, 11:57:48 PM
Why would you do up a stadium for one Leinster Championship game in 30 years ? Ground is ideal for league and club championship. When Kildare ran up that debt, the team were playing week in, week out in qualifiers and over that 5 year period we had more televised games than anyone. We cleared the 'debt' very quickly. There were 15000 in Conleths in 2001 v Donegal. Nobody had an issue then. The ground redevelopment was stalled a couple of times. Once by Leinster Council when they were considering a hair brained M50 share with Meath, a long standing planning obijection by the Doc whose practice is behind where the terrace breaks and again during boom when Conleths was going to be sold for redevelopment as it is located in centre of town. The arse fell out of that like manly there.  KCB took bull by horns and are redeveloping the ground for 2020. Thankfully they are staying put in the heart of the town. And if you think we were wrong to challenge an arrogantly,  greedy CP, who make it up to suit themselves, we'll leave you to it.
Personally chief I couldn't care less. I'm an Armagh man and we've got a lovely, modern, fit for purpose stadium that holds County games and lots of Club championship games for players of all ages. We're proud of it. If you're happy with what you've got, then good luck to you. I just find it hard to understand that it takes a row with the GAA administration to generate some degree of animation within the County. In most other counties a good run in the championship and a chance of a match in Croker does that. I still am unclear as to who has won here and what they have won, apart from the Kildare manager who has cleverly managed to use this issue as a ruse to deflect attention from how useless he appears to be.
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 30, 2018, 12:10:10 AM

Why do you invariably demolish your very own contributions with wildly hyperbolic shite (rhetorical)? TWO POINTs can never be a fecking hammering, numpty.
Jesus Fear, you're in bad oul twist tonight!!  Hope all is well with you. Are you going to the Horslips event in Belfast in November?  If so, I look forward to seeing you again
Careful now

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 30, 2018, 12:15:56 AM

Jesus Fear, you're in bad oul twist tonight!!  Hope all is well with you. Are you going to the Horslips event in Belfast in November?  If so, I look forward to seeing you again

Ah jeez Dougal, no bad oul twist, just a usual canker with that oul syphilis hoor!  ;) Thanks for that heads-up, will make it my business bud, and hope all's the best with your good self. See you then, le cúnamh Dé, or whoever!

Syferus

Chill out. If you make it through the next round you might have the pleasure of losing to us as well.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2018, 12:23:52 AM
Chill out. If you make it through the next round you might have the pleasure of losing to us as well.

That Ros side that lost by a cliff-hanger of 4 points in the Connacht Final, right?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 30, 2018, 12:21:13 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 30, 2018, 12:15:56 AM

Ah jeez Dougal, no bad oul twist, just a usual canker with that oul syphilis hoor!  ;) Thanks for that heads-up, will make it my business bud, and hope all's the best with your good self. See you then, le cúnamh Dé, or whoever!
Holy God man, don't let him get to you.  As a man from your own county said of him ' At a stag weekend, you'd be the one trying to arrange a game of mini golf'.
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 30, 2018, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2018, 12:23:52 AM

That Ros side that lost by a cliff-hanger of 4 points in the Connacht Final, right?

How does one lose 'by a cliff-hanger'? :o