Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Solo_run on June 27, 2018, 10:29:02 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 27, 2018, 10:23:29 AM
Someone told me today that if Kildare don't show up in Croke Park then they will also be expelled from the championship next year. Is that true?
I am calling it now - Dublin to get any bye in the Leinster Championship if Kildare are expelled.
Itchy, while this is totally irrelevant now, the rules are that once Kildare gave 48 hour notice (which they did) then they can't be punished for any other competition. Only if they didn't give 48 hours notice that they wouldn't turn up could they be expelled from next year's competition.

FFS, Solo run you're a complete clown. If you knew anything about Leinster, you'd know that Dublin, Laois, Longford and Carlow (as the prev years semi finalists) couldnt possibly benefit from Kildare or anyone else not playing. It would be one of the other teams getting a bonus bye into the QFs.

Quote from: High Fielder on June 27, 2018, 11:59:33 AM
Kildare fans, I am genuinely happy for you. Kildare CB, we will never forget the day you shafted us and sat back as we played Dublin in Nowlan Park. If it was right now, it was right then. A good day for the GAA. Up Laois
That wasn't Kildare's fault. Horan and Ned Quinn did a deal that if Dublin were playing a game outside Croker, the first one would be in Nowlan Park no matter who they drew, and they managed to bully everyone into agreeing.
Wicklow fans might have more to complain about as KCB did vote against Aughrim.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2018, 01:42:40 PM
After season ticket holders, sponsors and teams only 1500 tickets each for Mayo and Kildare to distribute.
Kildare will be outnumbered. f**k it, fair price.
I was expecting a 50/50 split and then season tickets to come out of each side's proportion, rather than take season tickets first and split the remainder 50/50. Advantage Mayo in that regard, as you say.
Anyone know if all the Mayo Cairde (I think that's the name) holders are all getting tickets?

Quote from: Under Lights on June 27, 2018, 03:09:11 PM
Hopefully Donegal kick up a fuss about Dublin having two home games in the super 8s
This will be interesting. But the rules are on Dublin's side in this case. People quoting "neutral venue" are completely in the wrong. Rules say, 1 home, 1 away, 1 Croke Park. No mention whatsoever of neutral venues for games between provincial champions.
Of course, rules can be changed and probably should. Donegal should have the choice as to whether they want to play in Croke Park (this would be their only game in Croke Park in Super 8) or that its moved to a neutral venue of CCCC's choice. 

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2018, 03:51:05 PM
It's already in the set rules that the cccc will deem if a home venue is capable of hosting a super 8 game no such rule in place however for a round 3 game.
I think the rules are the very same. CCCC were entitled to move the Kildare game if Newbridge didnt meet H&S standards or the guards had a problem. But there's no mention of a capacity quota. So Newbridge did meet all the requirements.

Congress should certainly debate this. Decide what's more important, home venue allowed no matter what capacity is (assuming ground meets H&S) or choose venues that allow more fans to attend. Given the financial aspect, I can only see one result from the vote - although maybe this will change perspectives.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
That Limerick game was the one and only time. It caused uproar at the time but the KCB had been warned in advance it could occur.
Dinny, am I right in saying that the Dublin league game was completely different?

Maybe I'm wrong, so happy to be corrected, but my recollection is that Newbridge was in far worse state than it is now, and everyone agreed it wasn't fit to house the game. Kildare were given the choice of hosting it in a neutral venue (can't remember if it was Tullamore or Portlaoise) or the play it in Croker as part of the "Spring Series". The latter choice (only) came with a wedge of cash, so it wasn't really a choice at all, so I don't think you could blame the KCB for it. But maybe my recollection is wrong!

Rossfan

Riail 6.28. (iii) specifies "Croke Park" for game 1 not "Neutral venue".
Time for folks to start getting motions prepared.
I'd expect a few housekeeping tightening up motions from Árd Comhairle regarding venues for Qualifiers after this week's shenanigans.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on June 27, 2018, 05:33:40 PM

I think the rules are the very same. CCCC were entitled to move the Kildare game if Newbridge didnt meet H&S standards or the guards had a problem. But there's no mention of a capacity quota. So Newbridge did meet all the requirements.

Congress should certainly debate this. Decide what's more important, home venue allowed no matter what capacity is (assuming ground meets H&S) or choose venues that allow more fans to attend. Given the financial aspect, I can only see one result from the vote - although maybe this will change perspectives.
No those rules aren't in place for round 3 games yet... and Kildare were entitled to bring this to court if they didn't get their due home game. Its within the set rules for the Super 8s games and CCCC will and can decide if venues such as Newbridge are capable of hosing a last eight game those rules were brought in by congress last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Newbridge will be some craic on Saturday night

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 05:41:06 PM
I'd expect a few housekeeping tightening up motions from Árd Comhairle regarding venues for Qualifiers after this week's shenanigans.

Also Dublin's home pitch is meant to be Parnell Park and if Parnell is not seen fit to host their home Super 8 game it should be moved to neutral venue...

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 27, 2018, 06:04:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 05:41:06 PM

Also Dublin's home pitch is meant to be Parnell Park and if Parnell is not seen fit to host their home Super 8 game it should be moved to neutral venue...

Poor Dublin haven't had a home game in ages

#ParnellOrNowhere
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Fuzzman

Imagine how much more interesting this competition would be if the Dubs were not allowed to take part of maybe they could just play the goal game the Wed after the All Ireland as the amateurs v the Profs.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 27, 2018, 06:48:13 PM
Imagine how much more interesting this competition would be if the Dubs were not allowed to take part of maybe they could just play the goal game the Wed after the All Ireland as the amateurs v the Profs.
No team is unbeatable

https://youtu.be/RztFiCl_r20

https://youtu.be/Wxgju-2xbfQ

Also Kerry 03-08

Jinxy

Alan Milton's tone is all wrong on Off the Ball for me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 04:08:23 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2018, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
Sorry to interrupt the real discussion with some football talk but what team would people like to see put out? Assuming the players expected back are fit I'd go

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran
Two players to start that weren't on the bench last Saturday and two of Mayos best and most experienced players dropped. Are you having a laugh?

Admittedly I'm only going by the highlights but Boyle looked bushed any time I saw him chasing back against Tipp.

Was at the game, he was absolutely knackered and didn't play very well

Same here I thought he wasn't much of a loss being black carded they way he was playing. It really felt like the end in the stand 10 mins into the second half v Tipp!!

I think he could use a rest

Yeah probably but Vaughan and Harrison are only back but maybe you could move Barrett out to wingback and bring in O'Donoghue to cornerback. What happened to Micheal Hall as I thought he was good during the league especially against Donegal and Galway?

That's true but are we going to get a better time than now to reintroduce them than now?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Jinxy

Milton being pretty antagonistic.
Reinforcing everything I believe about the attitude of HQ.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

No point complaining about tickets! I everybody has a chance to get a season ticket at the start of the year!

Tubberman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2018, 07:53:34 PM
No point complaining about tickets! I everybody has a chance to get a season ticket at the start of the year!

They don't. Mayo and Dublin have been sold out for years and only allowing someone new  to purchase if a holder doesn't renew
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Captain Scarlet

Anyway the actual game.
Newbridge is a tighter pitch than most and ironically doesn;t bring out the best in a lot of our runners.
The key man for Kildare will be Kevin Feely in terms of his leadership on top of his talents. Mayo are after losing some key men there, so it could be a place to make hay.
Donnellan's kickouts were dodgy against Longford but there was noone demanding the ball either. If in doubt landing it long to Feely is a great option.

Mayo must surely be jaded but their better bet could be less running and get O Shea in or around the FF line, or drifting in at least as we are ropey under that ball.
I actually think Andy and Cillian might not make as much hay as usual against Hyland or O'Grady...

We are terribly open down the middle of our defence so that needs tightening for a long time. Murray at 6 with Doyle on the wing?
This should be a cracking game and I feckin can't wait. Ticket in the bag as of a few mins ago. It feels like real championship action is back for Kildare fans.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.