Kilkenny v Galway All Ireland Final!

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 17, 2015, 01:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Galway
Kilkenny

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Hardy

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

nrico2006

Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2015, 10:10:58 AM
Stick this off in the Hurly section >:(

Is this not the GAA section?  Didn't see it renamed the 'football section'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Why is there a separate Hurling section so??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

Quote from: Rossfan on August 18, 2015, 09:50:50 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2015, 09:22:09 AM

Why is there a separate Hurling section so??

Didn't create it so not sure of the reason behind it.  The GAA thread doesn't say anything about it being exclusively for football though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

I can see the first cat ball headed in towards the Galway FB line...I hope the wides tally from Galway is tight because it's going to be timber and they are not up to the level of Tipp  2010 yet either as far as I can see...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

I think the logic of a separate 'hurly' section is that most hurling topics would quickly zip off the end of the first page, swamped by all the threads about Tyrone. I like to think The All-Ireland Hurling Final might be stickier.

easytiger95

Actually had the opposite effect - when hurling topics were on the main board, at least it would encourage non-diehards into the debate - ever since it went separate, there has been a huge fall off in posting and a loss of some key contributors. I think hurling should be taken out of its ghetto and restored to prominence on the main board.

deiseach

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 18, 2015, 11:33:26 AM
Actually had the opposite effect - when hurling topics were on the main board, at least it would encourage non-diehards into the debate - ever since it went separate, there has been a huge fall off in posting and a loss of some key contributors. I think hurling should be taken out of its ghetto and restored to prominence on the main board.

Contaminate the purity of the diehard Volk? Never!

magpie seanie

Maybe we could have a quota system like the women politicians whereby 30% of the first page must be hurling related threads.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 18, 2015, 02:45:55 PM
Maybe we could have a quota system like the women politicians whereby 30% of the first page must be hurling related threads.

Could we have it instead that 30% of all female politicians must be from page 3?
MWWSI 2017