Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

Trash. Predictable to play against. No balance to the team, everything has to be down the left as Rashford isn't comfortable on the right and Wan Bissaka just isn't good enough on the ball going forward. Greenwood the only option there so hopefully he can discover a bit more of his form from last season.

Utd were never going to win the league but instead of kicking on since going top, sloppy performances and dropped points against Sheff Utd, Everton, Arsenal and WBA today have dragged them into a battle for top 4.

Louther

Fernandes carrying the United team at times. Looks the only one likely to make an opening at times. Shaw also playing very well.

With Thursday night football and toothless title race looking likely, you'd worry that Fernandes become a target of the continental teams. He seems very ambitious and demanding of those round him, so United may have a job keeping him unless they invest big.

Dearg

Quote from: Louther on February 14, 2021, 05:32:13 PM
Fernandes carrying the United team at times. Looks the only one likely to make an opening at times. Shaw also playing very well.

With Thursday night football and toothless title race looking likely, you'd worry that Fernandes become a target of the continental teams. He seems very ambitious and demanding of those round him, so United may have a job keeping him unless they invest big.
They are a one man team really.

Never beat the deeler

third or fourth poor effort at a WUM in your first 30 odd posts.

It is better when there is some nuance in the windup - or if you build up some sort of online presence of non-WUM posts first so people believe you when you go for the windup
Hasta la victoria siempre

Ash Smoker

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 08:17:58 AM
I always laugh when I hear Manchester United fans talking about the United Way and getting Manchester United to 'where they belong'.
There is no United Way, it's a myth. What there was though was a Fergie Way.
Where United are now, and I don't just mean their current league position, where United are now as a club is exactly where they have been for the vast majority of their history.
That is, not winning leagues and maybe competing for one every now and then and winning the odd domestic trophy.
Before Ferguson came along this is what Manchester United were, it was the norm,and that's what they have reverted back to since he went.
So there is no United way, there is no getting Manchester United back to 'where they belong' Manchester United are now exactly where they have been for much of their history.
Winning league titles is an anomaly for Manchester United not the norm. It's an anomaly that happened for a very brief period in their 140 year history.
The Fergie way was very real, the United way is a myth.
I'm guessing you have never heard of Matt Busby?

NAG1

Quote from: Ash Smoker on February 15, 2021, 01:50:57 PM
Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 08:17:58 AM
I always laugh when I hear Manchester United fans talking about the United Way and getting Manchester United to 'where they belong'.
There is no United Way, it's a myth. What there was though was a Fergie Way.
Where United are now, and I don't just mean their current league position, where United are now as a club is exactly where they have been for the vast majority of their history.
That is, not winning leagues and maybe competing for one every now and then and winning the odd domestic trophy.
Before Ferguson came along this is what Manchester United were, it was the norm,and that's what they have reverted back to since he went.
So there is no United way, there is no getting Manchester United back to 'where they belong' Manchester United are now exactly where they have been for much of their history.
Winning league titles is an anomaly for Manchester United not the norm. It's an anomaly that happened for a very brief period in their 140 year history.
The Fergie way was very real, the United way is a myth.
I'm guessing you have never heard of Matt Busby?

Same as the Liverpool fans on social totally triggered.

The performance at the weekend was back to the dull stale days under Ole, the team look jaded maybe the games are starting to catch up with them. Lacking a bit of spark and sharpness.

Clear foul on Lindelof for their goal, surprised that it didnt go to VAR. But didn't do enough to push on and win the game even when they got the goal back.

Dearg

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 14, 2021, 09:10:51 PM
third or fourth poor effort at a WUM in your first 30 odd posts.

It is better when there is some nuance in the windup - or if you build up some sort of online presence of non-WUM posts first so people believe you when you go for the windup
Not a WUM at all, let's be honest though Manchester United have become a one man team.

Maroon Manc

United clearly flat but there's always day when they won't play well but a top side will defend properly and work their way into the game and win it 1-0. Time and time again United concede first and giving team who were bereft of confidence like Sheffield United & WBA a lift, United clearly shafted by VAR and both goals were clearly fouls but even still United were slow out of the blocks and don't defend well enough. Lindelof/De Gea are both huge liabilities and will continue to be so until their replaced.

Martial hopeless again, done nothing to warrant a start ahead of Greenwood; Its a huge issue as playing him is forcing Rashford to go wide right where he's ineffective.

Ole got to be brave and pick Henderson, Bailly & Greenwood ahead of De Gea/Lindelof/Martial.

Cunny Funt

Very routine win tonight scored 4 could easily have scored 8. Sociedad had no pace in their defence and that weakness was exploited. Can now rest plenty of 1st choice players for the 2nd leg but I'd question the need of having 2 legs in the European competitions in these times.

pbat

I see on Twitter United wish Phil Jones happy birthday. He's only 29, couldn't believe it, he seems to be dodging around Old Trafford forever.

Milltown Row2

Any links for the game? My usual is on the blink
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on February 21, 2021, 08:48:10 PM
Shola looks about 12  :)
Looks no more than 14. Nice moment for the talented teen.

Comfortable win which didn't look likely at half time when Newcastle fully deserved to be level. Still big issues defensively especially from set pieces as seen again tonight. Top scorers in the league it's basically what has United 2nd at the moment.

Maroon Manc

Very poor first hour from United, as usual very poor defending set pieces and crosses but its no surprise when one centre half is hopeless aerially and Wan Bisaka & Matic aren't much better given their size. De Gea again culpable for the goal, he should have saved it, he got of lightly with the pundits.

Not good enough from Martial, he's been poor since the start of the season just doesn't look interested at the moment. On a positive not good to see James have a good week, he's clearly not good enough for United unless he improves  but he's giving United an option which is badly needed given how many games United could have between now and the end of the season.

Lets hope McTominay & Cavani are back for next Sunday, they'll be needed.

Milltown Row2

Up on till Utd scored the second Newcastle were the better team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea