All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

No mention of Louis Walsh in that piece, Kiltimaghs most famous son.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: hardstation on February 11, 2010, 11:40:39 PM
Is it true that the word 'cultchie' came from Kiltimagh?

NCC!

Absolutely true. Coilte Mach is the Irish version and culchie derives from that.

There's six brothers in the Kilti family too - the Lydons.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

gallsman

Gettin the rugby in in Meaghers, hopefully catch the end of the Junior Final and then hopefully get to see CJ or Mackers burn a hero of mine, Mickey Kavanagh, for pace and a goal or four.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2010, 06:01:25 PM
Gettin the rugby in in Meaghers, hopefully catch the end of the Junior Final and then hopefully get to see CJ or Mackers burn a hero of mine, Mickey Kavanagh, for pace and a goal or four.

I don't know how many times I have watched Kavanagh and thought he would get caught for pace. It rarely happens.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2010, 06:08:18 PM

I don't know how many times I have watched Kavanagh and thought he would get caught for pace. It rarely happens.
He plays full back, will be hard to pass never mind out run him!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2010, 06:08:18 PM

Without meaning to be rude, I've been watching Mickey Kavanagh since his inter-county debut in 1998 and he regularly gets turned for pace.

However, the fact that the man is a supreme hurler largely prevents you from ever noticing it, and he has a tendency to annihilate younger, speedier players in the biggest games. Rory Jacob, Joe Deane and Lar Corbett have bested him several times over the years, but he doesn't let it get him down and always comes back. Absolutely fearless to boot.

Over the last 12 years Cody tried to drop him from the team two or three times yet he always bounces back. One of the players of the decade.

drici

St Lachtains 0-04 St Galls 0-02

drici

St Lachtains 0-05 St Galls 0-02

drici

St Lachtains 0-06 St Galls 0-02

drici

St Lachtains 0-07 St Galls 0-03

drici

drici

St Lachtains 0-08 St Galls 0-03

drici