Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 30, 2020, 03:40:07 PM
Let's face it, the money was going to be kept unless this was uncovered

That's the issue here. Anyone shouting "what about LPS' role in it all" is just trying to deflect from the fact that McCallion appears to have been caught dead to rights.

Fear, you've referenced the payment going into a personal amount on several occasions. I'm not saying that's not what happened but can you clarify if you have any actual evidence for this at this point? All the reporting has been carefully worded and I've only seen it refer to an account to which her husband was a joint signatory.

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on October 30, 2020, 05:17:50 PM

That's the issue here. Anyone shouting "what about LPS' role in it all" is just trying to deflect from the fact that McCallion appears to have been caught dead to rights.

Fear, you've referenced the payment going into a personal amount on several occasions. I'm not saying that's not what happened but can you clarify if you have any actual evidence for this at this point? All the reporting has been carefully worded and I've only seen it refer to an account to which her husband was a joint signatory.
That's the bit that makes me think it was a personal account. But as you say, is that factual?

five points

If the money didn't go to a personal account, then why was she forced to resign?

general_lee

When someone like Suzanne Breen is praising you then you have to acknowledge that SF leadership have acted swiftly to rectify the problem and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I'd imagine they'll face further questions but you can't really ask anything else of them so far.

I honestly think this was a bit of opportunism on the behalf of the three individuals caught out. I know shinner-bashing is a fond pastime of many on here but a bit of realism wouldn't go a miss.
For a start - SF are rich and 30k isn't really a whole lot. Don't see why they as a party would risk so much for £30k and think they'd get away with it. Now to a chancer like McCallion her idiocy probably took over and she somehow thought she'd be fine. (Probably something she was used to). The others probably thought along the same lines but haven't heard the details there just yet.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on October 30, 2020, 05:42:25 PM
When someone like Suzanne Breen is praising you then you have to acknowledge that SF leadership have acted swiftly to rectify the problem and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. I'd imagine they'll face further questions but you can't really ask anything else of them so far.

I honestly think this was a bit of opportunism on the behalf of the three individuals caught out. I know shinner-bashing is a fond pastime of many on here but a bit of realism wouldn't go a miss.
For a start - SF are rich and 30k isn't really a whole lot. Don't see why they as a party would risk so much for £30k and think they'd get away with it. Now to a chancer like McCallion her idiocy probably took over and she somehow thought she'd be fine. (Probably something she was used to). The others probably thought along the same lines but haven't heard the details there just yet.

This is only tip of iceberg.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Nothing concrete , but have been told by local source with sinn fein that that is the case. You would have to wonder why either of them would be signatories on office account though. SF have admin people for that and I'd be astonished if Decky was openly accepted as signatory by local cumann based on his history, if he was I'd say hell rub it up them.
Either way they both knew about it and said nothing .

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 30, 2020, 05:51:28 PM

Nothing concrete , but have been told by local source with sinn fein that that is the case. You would have to wonder why either of them would be signatories on office account though. SF have admin people for that and I'd be astonished if Decky was openly accepted as signatory by local cumann based on his history, if he was I'd say hell rub it up them.
Either way they both knew about it and said nothing .

Well if you, an anonymous poster with a grudge against SF, heard it from some other anonymous source, then it must be true.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 30, 2020, 05:45:32 PM

So you keep saying. Where's the evidence? Put up or shut up.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 30, 2020, 08:30:20 PM

Ok let's go. How about the famous shinner accused of fiddling here in Derry. Paid off the young lads families and still runs at least 3 businesses which are only fronts for SF

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 30, 2020, 08:30:20 PM

Or how seemingly low paid MLA s here in city live in council housing association properties but at sane time have massive houses in neighbouring Donegal

Snapchap

Sorry, I possibly should have been clearer. When I said "evidence", I actually meant evidence, as opposed to vague accusations with no evidence.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 30, 2020, 10:17:37 PM
Sorry, I possibly should have been clearer. When I said "evidence", I actually meant evidence, as opposed to vague accusations with no evidence.

PM and I'll give you more

Armamike

Are SF MPs, MLAs and senators not taking an industrial wage these days?
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
Shanty men fighting behind closed doors now. The world is on its ear.

Lol. Naw it's not fair on families. Especially first case.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 30, 2020, 10:19:43 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 30, 2020, 10:17:37 PM

PM and I'll give you more

Nah thanks.