County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 14, 2020, 12:16:19 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 13, 2020, 09:44:12 PM
And on RTÉ also. Big boots to fill.

Mickey Harte stands down as Tyrone manager after 18 years

Mickey Harte's 18-year spell as manager of the Tyrone senior football team is over, with the three-time All-Ireland winner confirming he has stood down.

Uncertainty surrounded the future of the longest-serving manager in Gaelic football this week after the county's Ulster SFC exit at hands of great rivals Donegal.

Having come to the end of a three-year term following his reappointment in 2017, Harte had little to say about his future following their early championship exit to Donegal recently. "I haven't considered anything about that just right now," he said.

Harte transformed Tyrone into one of the powerhouses of Gaelic football, leading them to their first All-Ireland title in 2003, followed by two more in 2005 and 2008

Great manager, good luck to him in retirement
retirement??

macdanger2

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2020, 12:34:31 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 14, 2020, 12:16:19 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 13, 2020, 09:44:12 PM
And on RTÉ also. Big boots to fill.

Mickey Harte stands down as Tyrone manager after 18 years

Mickey Harte's 18-year spell as manager of the Tyrone senior football team is over, with the three-time All-Ireland winner confirming he has stood down.

Uncertainty surrounded the future of the longest-serving manager in Gaelic football this week after the county's Ulster SFC exit at hands of great rivals Donegal.

Having come to the end of a three-year term following his reappointment in 2017, Harte had little to say about his future following their early championship exit to Donegal recently. "I haven't considered anything about that just right now," he said.

Harte transformed Tyrone into one of the powerhouses of Gaelic football, leading them to their first All-Ireland title in 2003, followed by two more in 2005 and 2008

Great manager, good luck to him in retirement
retirement??

I just assumed that it's retirement for him, I can't see him managing anyone else. You could be right though, maybe he'll go again elsewhere

screenexile

If that was Paddy Tally's interview for the Tyrone job it didn't go particularly well!!

FermGael

Micky Harte the new Louth Manager with Gavin Devlin as his assistant according to Rte
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rossfan

Jases that was quick :o
I suppose they can't but improve on this years dismal showings.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Two year term for Anthony Cunningham was up with Roscommon and they gave him another two years tonight.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 23, 2020, 09:50:53 PM
Two year term for Anthony Cunningham was up with Roscommon and they gave him another two years tonight.

That's good news, he has moved them forward.

laoislad

Eddie Brennan gone from Laois sadly.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Tony McEntee and Eamonn O'Hara are the leading candidates for the Sligo senior football managerial position. Crossmolina native Joe Keane part of McEntee management while Mike Solan guided Mayo to the 2016 All-Ireland U21 title is believed to be on board with O'Hara.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 25, 2020, 01:31:42 PM
Tony McEntee and Eamonn O'Hara are the leading candidates for the Sligo senior football managerial position. Crossmolina native Joe Keane part of McEntee management while Mike Solan guided Mayo to the 2016 All-Ireland U21 title is believed to be on board with O'Hara.
Both are good prospects. My only concern is and I rate Keane highly is that we regressed under his coaching. It makes no sense but we did. Taylor had a strong back room team with Dineen in there too.

I believe a fresh approach is required. I find the O Hara/Solan team very exciting. What can Mayo posters say about Solan? McEntee would want to have some plan in place and have performed unreal in the interviews to out do O Hara.

It will be interesting as our current chairman is Tourlestrane man and obviously so is O Hara so it would be strange if it wasn't given to him.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

FermGael

Tony McEntee confirmed as the new Sligo manager.
Div 4 the place to be it seems
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

armaghniac

Quote from: FermGael on November 26, 2020, 08:04:47 PM

I hope my (third?) cousin does a cracking job and Sligo surpasses Louth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Quote from: FermGael on November 26, 2020, 08:04:47 PM
Fermanaghs objective for 2021?

Rossfan

Home town hero O'Hara loses out!! :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 25, 2020, 06:43:31 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 25, 2020, 01:31:42 PM
Tony McEntee and Eamonn O’Hara are the leading candidates for the Sligo senior football managerial position. Crossmolina native Joe Keane part of McEntee management while Mike Solan guided Mayo to the 2016 All-Ireland U21 title is believed to be on board with O’Hara.
Both are good prospects. My only concern is and I rate Keane highly is that we regressed under his coaching. It makes no sense but we did. Taylor had a strong back room team with Dineen in there too.

I believe a fresh approach is required. I find the O Hara/Solan team very exciting. What can Mayo posters say about Solan? McEntee would want to have some plan in place and have performed unreal in the interviews to out do O Hara.

It will be interesting as our current chairman is Tourlestrane man and obviously so is O Hara so it would be strange if it wasn't given to him.

A good plan he had in place it seems.