DUBLIN V REST OF IRELAND

Started by irish345, August 12, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 09:33:36 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 16, 2018, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 16, 2018, 10:20:46 PM
I'll lave this with ye ;D

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

One of my better pieces.

He definitely gets his inspiration from here.
Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!

Evidence please? #fakenews

#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 09:34:58 AM
Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 09:23:22 AM

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

A well written piece in fairness. Instead of picking holes in the author let us try picking hole in the actual article.

I can't.

Its about his 30th article on the Dubs or Dublin in the last few years. He also makes money from writing about the Dubs, its a bit hypocritical, while he sits on a beach in Brazil ...

Wouldn't waste my time on his.

It's being ignored by the suits in HQ therefore he feels the need to keep bringing it up. There is obviously something up with football when we look at the attendances last weekend.

I don't agree with everything he writes but he's on the money (pun intended) here.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 17, 2018, 09:50:35 AM

One of my better pieces.

Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!

I heard that as well, not just Kildare clubs, a lot of Wicklow and Meath too, Sure Bray Emmets playing their hurling Dublin.

Or he could focus on the full time professional athletes in the Kildare team who gave up work for a year to focus on Football, I believe the are more than 4.

Are Kildare turning professional.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 09:59:18 AM

One of my better pieces.

I heard that as well, not just Kildare clubs, a lot of Wicklow and Meath too, Sure Bray Emmets playing their hurling Dublin.

Or he could focus on the full time professional athletes in the Kildare team who gave up work for a year to focus on Football, I believe the are more than 4.

Or he could write an article on the payments that the Dublin management and backroom team are receiving.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 10:02:10 AM

One of my better pieces.

Or he could write an article on the payments that the Dublin management and backroom team are receiving.

Yeah I have no problem with that at all, write away, Im sure they will find that the only paid  full time person involved is Bryan Cullen.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 10:10:03 AM
Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 10:02:10 AM

One of my better pieces.

Yeah I have no problem with that at all, write away, Im sure they will find that the only paid  full time person involved is Bryan Cullen.

;D ;D ;D

easytiger95

That is a seriously stupid article. If we're gonna talk about wasted money, we should start with the Indo.

Dinny Breen

One of my better pieces.

So anecdotal bullshit.

I wouldn't see it as an issue if it was to do with raising standards and being competitive, Naas underage hurlers play in Kilkenny for e.g. but juvenile football in Kildare is quite strong. Maybe teams from West Dublin invited the North Kildare clubs in to raise standards.
#newbridgeornowhere

Crete Boom

One of my better pieces.

No they don't, there underage teams have played some league and tournaments in South Dublin to improve standards just like Toreen in Mayo do likewise playing the Tain league against Galway clubs but Bray Emmets were Wicklow hurling champions in 2015 & 2016 and lost out in the semi-final last year so how is this possible if the play their hurling in Dublin?
You whine all the time about the bullshit arguments and general shite talk comments about Dublin (of which there are many) on here all they time but you yourself are King/Queen of shite talk on here throwing out barstool wisdow in one liners without any facts to back it up!

TheGreatest

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 17, 2018, 10:34:44 AM

One of my better pieces.

No they don't, there underage teams have played some league and tournaments in South Dublin to improve standards just like Toreen in Mayo do likewise playing the Tain league against Galway clubs but Bray Emmets were Wicklow hurling champions in 2015 & 2016 and lost out in the semi-final last year so how is this possible if the play their hurling in Dublin?
You whine all the time about the bullshit arguments and general shite talk comments about Dublin (of which there are many) on here all they time but you yourself are King/Queen of shite talk on here throwing out barstool wisdow in one liners without any facts to back it up!

Here's a fact - Adult Hurling Division 4 - https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/results/125336

Currently 5th. 

They play Dublin Hurling league.

Another poster said I was wrong that Fenton played Junior Football for Raheny, they were proved wrong.

APM

Lots of Ad hominem attacks from people who want to bury their head in the sand!
Well done lads!

A well written piece in fairness. Instead of picking holes in the author let us try picking hole in the actual article.
I can't.

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 09:34:58 AM

I can't.

Its about his 30th article on the Dubs or Dublin in the last few years. He also makes money from writing about the Dubs, its a bit hypocritical, while he sits on a beach in Brazil ...

Wouldn't waste my time on his.

One of my better pieces.

One of my better pieces.

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

One of my better pieces.

;D

Best thing to do is to ignore it. He's atwitter clown along with Scruff Parkinson.

Its a disgrace he is give a national platform for his bias, that Galway article after they beat his county team shouldn't of been allowed.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 17, 2018, 10:34:44 AM

One of my better pieces.

Here's a fact - Adult Hurling Division 4 - https://www.dublingaa.ie/competitions/results/125336

Currently 5th. 

They play Dublin Hurling league.

Another poster said I was wrong that Fenton played Junior Football for Raheny, they were proved wrong.

You were not too quick coming up with your 'fact' on how much McGeeney was paid in Kildare. You just disappeared.

TheGreatest

Some of you just cant handle the truth....  8)

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

Enjoy your Friday gents.

You too Donald.
#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.