DUBLIN V REST OF IRELAND

Started by irish345, August 12, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 15, 2018, 09:33:10 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 14, 2018, 03:52:33 PM
Around 2010, after the senior team got hockeyed by Meath in a Leinster semi ( think it was 5-9 to 0-13 points) the CB decided enough was enough and had a comprehensive plan of action drawn up and submitted it to CC, looking for funding. This was the Blue Wave initiative nd if you haven't heard of it, google for it.
This was the prime reason for Dublin getting the lion's shared of the games development kitty.
Finally, because of their new development structures they happen to have a lot of very talented young footballers putting pressure all the time on the already established players so the competition will always be keen for places on the team so don't expect  the Dubs to slacken off any time so and decide that enough is enough.

They will always be there ot thereabouts until the social and economic structure of the country undergoes massive change. Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

And that, yer honour, is my best shot and I don't intend returning to this subject any time soon.

Which young players are you referring to?
Well, you have Howard this year, O'Callaghan last year and Costello th year before that plus Kilkenny the year before that again.  And they are only a few of those who have forced their way into contention since Dublin began to gather momentum from 2011 onwards.
Then you have the likes of Brian Fenton who was discovered while playing for a junior club but the odds are that he would never have been heard of ten years or even five earlier.
Same can be said about Lowndes, Murchan, Small, Scully to name a few. If Dublin weren't  actively scouting for players with potential no matter if they came up through underage ranks or not, they wouldn't now be able to field at least two top class sides.
I think the vital difference between Mayo and The Dubs in recent years was that Dublin had a bench where everyone would get a game on any side in the country whereas with Mayo it's been a case of all fur coats and no knickers. Apart from their first 15, they had very few on the bench to compare with Dublin's reserves.

The Blue Wave was proposed in 2011 after Dublin All Ireland win so players above were already on Dublin radar. Kilkenny,Small,McCaffrey and Costello were only minor team that year. David Byrne, Scully and Lowndes were on minor team 2011 and 12. O'Callaghan, Howard and Murchan would have on u15/16 development squads at time. Brian Fenton was on development squads when younger but missed out minor team in 2011 due to injury. His club form with Raheny and playing Sigerson Cup with DCU brought him into contention with Dublin 21s. Dublin have used developments squads since 1998 when the copied what Laois were doing at the time.
[/quote]

Another myth debunked, thank you Gael.
[/quote]

@Hound, you are wasting your time with these lads, just sit back and enjoy, laugh at their posts. It gives me great pleasure.
[/quote]

So, you're back again! ;D ;D ;D
Come to think of it weren't you the buck that told me Fenton played junior for Raheny? That was back when you masqueraded as The Aristocrat?
Look, to be charitable I don't go in for childish insults like you do but somehow, every time you show up on my radar, I immediately think of a jackass and one with serious psychological problems at that.
Then I feel I have to apologise to ol' velvet lugs for the insult in comparing you to him.
Dunno why but that happens each time you infest this board.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Gael85

Just looking at Fenton. He did play Junior final for Raheny defeat(their second team) against Castleknock in 2012. Strange one as was on Dublin u21 panel that year and definitely senior league for his club. Must have injured for senior championship. Brian Howard also with Raheny won a Junior C medal 2 years later against my team in a final. Dublin minors were knocked out a week earlier to Donegal and was eligible to play final :(

TheGreatest

Gael, again, thank you for the backing, I wasn't lying, he did play Junior football.

@Lar, chill out man, I only speak the truth and nothing insulting in my posts. See the post your replying to for example.

Hound

Quote from: Gael85 on August 15, 2018, 08:54:42 PM
Just looking at Fenton. He did play Junior final for Raheny defeat(their second team) against Castleknock in 2012. Strange one as was on Dublin u21 panel that year and definitely senior league for his club. Must have injured for senior championship. Brian Howard also with Raheny won a Junior C medal 2 years later against my team in a final. Dublin minors were knocked out a week earlier to Donegal and was eligible to play final :(
Yep, jiggerypokery by Raheny it sounds like.

Like when Whitehall's U21 team were playing Na Fianna's 2nd team a couple of years ago in the county U21B or U21C final. Murchin played for Na Fianna 2nds and marked Costello and Ni Fianna won.

Gael85

Quote from: Hound on August 16, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 15, 2018, 08:54:42 PM
Yep, jiggerypokery by Raheny it sounds like.

Like when Whitehall's U21 team were playing Na Fianna's 2nd team a couple of years ago in the county U21B or U21C final. Murchin played for Na Fianna 2nds and marked Costello and Ni Fianna won.

In fairness Howard hadn't played senior at the time for Raheny. Only played as Dublin minors knocked out. I remember Cormac Costello playing a AFL6 game for Whitehall week after 2013 AI Final. He was injured for a lot of that year.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 15, 2018, 03:05:09 PM
Quote from: mouview on August 15, 2018, 01:44:13 PM
Best of Mayo (from last year) plus best of Galway would beat Dublin; Mayo for defensive solidity and Galway for score-making ability.
AI final last year and the semi final last Saturday both Galway and Mayo created 29 scoring chances v Dublin. 1-16 (19) scored for Mayo and 2-12 (18) scored for Galway

Big difference was defensively. Just 26 scoring chances Dublin created in the AI final last year to 36 on Saturday.

Mayo stats from the All Ireland final last year:
Total shots: 29 / Scored: 17 (58% completion)
Shots from play : 23 / Scored: 13 (56% completion)
Shots from frees/45's/pens: 6 / Scored: 4 (66% completion)

Dublin stats from All Ireland final last year:
Total Shots: 26 / Scored: 18 (69% completion)

Galway stats from the semi-final this year:
Total shots: 27 / Scored: 14 (51% completion)
Shots from play: 19 / Scored: 10 (52% completion)
Shots from frees/45's/pens: 8 / Scored: 4 (50% completion)

Dublin stats from the semi-final this year:
Total shots: 36 / Scored: 25 (69% completion).

Jinxy

Mayo of 2016/17 + Conor McManus would beat Dublin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 16, 2018, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 16, 2018, 10:20:46 PM
I'll lave this with ye ;D

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

One of my better pieces.

He definitely gets his inspiration from here.

;D

Best thing to do is to ignore it. He's atwitter clown along with Scruff Parkinson.

Its a disgrace he is give a national platform for his bias, that Galway article after they beat his county team shouldn't of been allowed.

Hound

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-cracks-are-appearing-in-the-dublin-gaa-model-and-its-time-to-ask-if-their-house-really-is-in-order-37223231.html

One of my better pieces.

Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!   

APM

On the money!!

We need a revolution in the GAA and it can't come quick enough! The current president's apparent endorsement of a tiered system is evidence of a continued drive into this cul de sac!

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 09:23:22 AM

A well written piece in fairness. Instead of picking holes in the author let us try picking hole in the actual article.

I can't.

Its about his 30th article on the Dubs or Dublin in the last few years. He also makes money from writing about the Dubs, its a bit hypocritical, while he sits on a beach in Brazil ...

Wouldn't waste my time on his.

mup

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

One of my better pieces.

Wow an article full of ridiculous stats, with no actual conclusion other than Dublin are too good but they're really shite and a bit of a cry. I note he amends the Ulster stats to include only the "nationalist community" but makes no mention of country people in Dublin, the higher percentage of foreign people working in Dublin, and the far higher percentage of locals in a county who absolutely hate the GAA, and in particular their own county (or "West Brits" as the "nationalist community" might call them!)

He's not the only indo columnist who thinks his readers are idiots and will swallow any oul shite.

I'd like to see him do an article on why is that certain Kildare clubs have applied to play juvenile in Dublin instead of Kildare, despite his contention that Dublin GAA is being run so very badly!

Or maybe do one on why Dublin u21s needed to come outside their own county to pick players.