Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 22, 2018, 12:01:25 AM
Quote from: Itchy on September 21, 2018, 11:52:52 PM
Quote from: Beffs on September 21, 2018, 11:28:58 PM
It's a Kerryism.

Or arrah in the western counties

Not sure about the usage of yerra, but arragh is a great phrase.

It can be used to dismiss anything that you disagree with /don't like / understand. It can be put with most words to make a complete sentence.

"That was a terrible brawl in the Tyrone club game"
"Arragh brawl"

"I was reading about it in the Independent"
"AAAARAaagh Independent"

"Eamon Dunphy was talking about it on his podcast"
"AAAAARAAAAAAAGGHHHH Dunphy"
Araaagh" is, like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Philomena Begley is one great piece of ass. Araaagh!" But then, if you disagree, like "A Massey is better than a Case? Araaagh!" You know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like, "Minghia! That curry sauce ! Araaagh!" But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Prionsus, you got a one-inch pecker?" and Prionsus says "Araaagh!" Sometimes it just means "Araaagh".

Orchard park

Is that phiolmena Begley comment not
A) abuse of the elderly
B) abuse of felow posters having breakfast..........

It's a good while since anyone would be laying a blanket on the ground for Philomena

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2018, 09:36:58 AM
It's a Kerryism.

It can be used to dismiss anything that you disagree with /don't like / understand. It can be put with most words to make a complete sentence.

"Arragh brawl"

"AAAARAaagh Independent"

Araaagh" is, like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Philomena Begley is one great piece of ass. Araaagh!" But then, if you disagree, like "A Massey is better than a Case? Araaagh!" You know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like, "Minghia! That curry sauce ! Araaagh!" But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Prionsus, you got a one-inch pecker?" and Prionsus says "Araaagh!" Sometimes it just means "Araaagh".

My head's sore reading that.

And I'm still none the wiser.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on September 22, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
It's a Kerryism.

"Arragh brawl"

"AAAARAaagh Independent"

Go and watch Donnie Brasco.

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2018, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 22, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
It's a Kerryism.

"Arragh brawl"

"AAAARAaagh Independent"

Go and watch Donnie Brasco.

Why, is he from Kerry?

tonto1888

It's a Kerryism.

"Arragh brawl"

"AAAARAaagh Independent"

Brilliant

BennyHarp

So the investigation has taken place, the footage has been reviewed and the Tyrone county board have agreed that there was nothing malicious in the Sean Cavanagh incident and no further action will be taken. I'd assume there'll be a few apologies and retractions being offered over the next few days?
https://twitter.com/declanbogue/status/1043543348861120512?s=21
That was never a square ball!!

Minder

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 22, 2018, 06:40:38 PM
So the investigation has taken place, the footage has been reviewed and the Tyrone county board have agreed that there was nothing malicious in the Sean Cavanagh incident and no further action will be taken. I'd assume there'll be a few apologies and retractions being offered over the next few days?

That won't suit some agendas
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tiempo

Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2018, 07:41:58 PM

Expect the Ewan McKenna Vicky Pollard agenda in the coming days. Yeah but no but yeah but no but. The man is a smeg.

ONeill

Dunno much about this McKenna lad but he made a quare dick outta himself. Is he an Irish Katie Hopkins?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on September 22, 2018, 11:21:29 PM
Dunno much about this McKenna lad but he made a quare dick outta himself. Is he an Irish Katie Hopkins?

In a nutshell yes ;D

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on September 21, 2018, 11:14:30 PM
Can't believe any self respecting GAA person would go on that show unless they were getting paid? Then Kieran has always been about the money, just look at his twitter feed promoting his sponsored cars, writing a book, yerra etc yerra.

Did he have any book signing sessions in local shops to promote the book?

Have you looked at your hero's twitter feed to see his promotion of sponsored clothes:

https://twitter.com/benettimenswear/status/1039873544082128897

his book: https://twitter.com/SeanCavanagh14/status/1037402878791622657

and his business.

All of these players who are switched on are into self promotion to get as much out of their name while they can and fair play to every one of them regardless of where they are from.  They put a hell of a lot more into the game than they ever will get in return. It's just of them are better and more prolific at it than others. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2018, 07:41:58 PM

Welease the video!!

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2018, 10:09:31 PM
Bound to be a book in Francie

Can't see it. He's a man of mystery. Quite right. Give the f**kers nothing!