straightred

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 22, 2018, 07:01:59 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 22, 2018, 06:49:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 22, 2018, 06:43:53 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 22, 2018, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 05:56:28 PM
The fact that Roscommon and Kildare have absolutely nothing to play for shows the stupidity of these super 8s. Kerry will likely rack up a big score against Kildare which should get them into the semis.

Only for that late Clifford goal the last round of Super 8s games would have produced 3 dead rubbers.

So instead we only have two!!

It's a very good format and we only have one dead rubber.

Kerry Kildare is a dead Rubber as much as Dublin Roscommon is! Explain the difference?
Roscommon are out no matter the result. Dublin are top no matter the result. Total dead rubber
Kerry need to win to have a chance of making the semi's - that's not dead in my eyes

Head to head precedes of Points difference?
yes in a 2 way tie.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2018, 05:33:48 PM
James O'Donoghue is like a tiger that has had his teeth pulled.

More like a pony who's lost his trick

straightred

Just got sent this......

When the ball is on the ground, it may be
played by any part of the body except the
hand(s). It may be lifted off the ground with the
feet.
Exceptions
(i) The goalkeeper may play the ball on the
ground with his hand(s) inside his own
small rectangle.
(ii) Any player who falls or is knocked to the
ground while in possession of the ball may
fist or palm the ball away on the ground,
and may score by so doing.
(iii) The ball may not be lifted off the ground
with the knees.

Deegan gave a free against Walsh for this that led directly to the goal at the end. I'd need to see it again though.

clarshack

Jinxy

When has that ever happened in the history of the GAA.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 07:17:51 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 22, 2018, 07:16:05 PM
will Galway & Monaghan play for a draw?

Playing Dublin is a death sentence.

Someone will have to play the dubs sometime

RedHand88

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 22, 2018, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 06:27:18 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 22, 2018, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 22, 2018, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 05:56:28 PM
The fact that Roscommon and Kildare have absolutely nothing to play for shows the stupidity of these super 8s. Kerry will likely rack up a big score against Kildare which should get them into the semis.

Only for that late Clifford goal the last round of Super 8s games would have produced 3 dead rubbers.

So instead we only have two!!

1 - dublin roscommon. The other 3 all have something to play for. Monaghan need a draw, kerry need a win, tyrone need a draw, donegal need a win

Kildare will have absolutely no motivation to play this match, they are already out of the championship. Very unfair on counties to have to still play a match knowing it means nothing.
Why? Happens in the league and happens in other sports. Monaghan beat Dublin in Croke Park in the league this year when it didn't matter and I'd say every Monaghan person enjoyed it.

If Kildare can't look forward to knocking Kerry out of the championship in Killarney then that's their problem.

No matter how good the new structure is, there was always going to be a good old moan. The prospect of "dead rubbers" ensured that. Had it not been the dead rubbers it'd have been something else. Altogether now............MOAN!!!!!

Do you not know moaning is our national sport.

Gold

Quote from: straightred on July 22, 2018, 07:15:57 PM
Just got sent this......

When the ball is on the ground, it may be
played by any part of the body except the
hand(s). It may be lifted off the ground with the
feet.
Exceptions
(i) The goalkeeper may play the ball on the
ground with his hand(s) inside his own
small rectangle.
(ii) Any player who falls or is knocked to the
ground while in possession of the ball may
fist or palm the ball away on the ground,
and may score by so doing.
(iii) The ball may not be lifted off the ground
with the knees.

Deegan gave a free against Walsh for this that led directly to the goal at the end. I'd need to see it again though.

Absolutely
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

armaghniac

I certainly wondered about that free when the ball was played on the ground.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kerry goal was illegitimate, basically:
Paul Earley (@earleyconsult):

Kerry goal came from referee decision to penalise Colin Walsh when he fisted the ball away on the ground after falling.  'Rule 1.2 Any player who falls or is knocked to the ground while in possession of the ball may fist or palm the ball away on the ground and may score'

We really need refs that know, and who can faithfully implement, the fecking rules; it has been a disastrous weekend for ineptitude in the middle, seriously.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

How important were those two points Tom O'Sullivan kicked from corner back?
Kerry's young lads made plenty of mistakes today through inexperience, but they kept driving on regardless.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

sid waddell

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2018, 07:17:25 PM
When has that ever happened in the history of the GAA.
It happened at the end of the Dublin-Mayo semi-final in 2015 when Dublin played keep ball in their own half and Mayo were happy to let them do so.

Obviously that was because it was close to the end of the game and both teams decided they'd be happy with another day out rather than risk an all or nothing play, but if Galway v Monaghan becomes a level game inside, say, the last five minutes, you could see something similar.

Monaghan would be more than happy to take their chances in a semi-final against Dublin rather than be eliminated.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 22, 2018, 08:01:21 PM
Kerry goal was illegitimate, basically:
Paul Earley (@earleyconsult):

Kerry goal came from referee decision to penalise Colin Walsh when he fisted the ball away on the ground after falling.  'Rule 1.2 Any player who falls or is knocked to the ground while in possession of the ball may fist or palm the ball away on the ground and may score'

We really need refs that know, and who can faithfully implement, the fecking rules; it has been a disastrous weekend for ineptitude in the middle, seriously.

From my limited experience, I've always felt that Sean Hurson is a superb referee.

Maroon Manc

Thought Deegan was shocking, Kerry benefited the first half whilst Monaghan did in the 2nd.