Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

I would have thought the whole sideline thing was all a bit of bollocksology to try and get an inch (or 4-6 metres as it turned out) of psychological advantage and make the Dubs know they werent at home and the game was being played on Tyrone's terms. Once the game starts though, it had absolutely no baring on the performances of either team or the result. But it's a great story for all the madcaps on here to go mental about as usual. I'm surprised there hasn't been a new thread about the death of the GAA as a result of this.
That was never a square ball!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 22, 2018, 02:20:11 PM
Once the game starts though, it had absolutely no baring on the performances of either team or the result. But it's a great story for all the madcaps on here to go mental about as usual. I'm surprised there hasn't been a new thread about the death of the GAA as a result of this.

Only a personal opinion, but I thought it became a factor when Tyrone pushed up in the closing stages. They suffocated the area that was within sixty yards of Cluxton's kick outs and he ended up emptying one or two out over the sideline. And I say that as someone who has no issue with Tyrone bringing the sidelines in to suit themselves.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 22, 2018, 02:46:48 PM
Once the game starts though, it had absolutely no baring on the performances of either team or the result. But it's a great story for all the madcaps on here to go mental about as usual. I'm surprised there hasn't been a new thread about the death of the GAA as a result of this.

Only a personal opinion, but I thought it became a factor when Tyrone pushed up in the closing stages. They suffocated the area that was within sixty yards of Cluxton's kick outs and he ended up emptying one or two out over the sideline. And I say that as someone who has no issue with Tyrone bringing the sidelines in to suit themselves.

Yeah but, yeah, no -- Clucko's no shrinking violet when he has to aim those Exocets beyond the midfield altogether -- could the culchie atmosphere have muddled his decision making? ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 22, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

So Cluxton's kick outs are so precise that they are judged to with inches of the dimensions of Croke Park and once he comes across a slightly narrower pitch he just kicks it over the sideline? Give your head a wobble. He's done that plenty when put under pressure at Croke Park too.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 22, 2018, 03:08:51 PM
So Cluxton's kick outs are so precise that they are judged to with inches of the dimensions of Croke Park and once he comes across a slightly narrower pitch he just kicks it over the sideline? Give your head a wobble. He's done that plenty when put under pressure at Croke Park too.

To be honest, I assumed the discussion had been referring to metres here and not inches. On that basis, if the pitch was indeed brought in a matter of 'inches', then you're right, it couldn't have been a factor.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 22, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

To be honest, I assumed the discussion had been referring to metres here and not inches. On that basis, if the pitch was indeed brought in a matter of 'inches', then you're right, it couldn't have been a factor.

Ok, I was being kind on giving him a few inches margin for error, so you reckon Cluxton can't judge with a margin for error of 4-6 metres on his kick outs? Maybe the pressure applied had more to do with it, his kick outs seemed fine in the first half.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 22, 2018, 03:45:36 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 22, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

Ok, I was being kind on giving him a few inches margin for error, so you reckon Cluxton can't judge with a margin for error of 4-6 metres on his kick outs? Maybe the pressure applied had more to do with it, his kick outs seemed fine in the first half.

Narrower pitch means less space for him to hit for players to run on to. It's not rocket science. That's what he likes to do with his kick outs. Harte blaming sky for narrowing the pitch is brilliant. Complete rubbish but vague enough to make it beliveable.

All the Tyrone fans blaming the red for losing is hilarious. Their defenders are better shooters than their forwards. No wonder he doesn't play more forwards if that's the best they have.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 22, 2018, 01:39:18 PM
I'm touched by the innocence of some hereon, who think that Sky is some manner of benevolent organisation, loath to dictate the terms of their corporate munificence. Bless.

I heard Rupert Murdoch personally got onto the county board.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

stephenite

Rufus T Firefly

BennyHarp

TheGreatest

Very enjoyable reading this thread, it makes the victory so so much sweeter. Some of the comments are hiliarous and very funny how some people are so roiled up the greatest team to have played the game The Dubs.

Fair play to the real Tyrone fans in Omagh, good craic with them all day and night. A warm welcome and good people, pleasant and polite, not like the so called Gaels on this site, and also there was not a fight on a train in sight.

Whatever about the side lines being reduced, no nets behind the goals? Very dangerous during the warm ups with over 30 balls flying around at one end. A strong response from the GAA is needed here for safety reasons.

Dublin defence was the winning of the game, the forwards always get the credit but the defence was excellent, Cooper been consistently one of the best defenders in the country, you Murchan who looks like he's getting younger had a great game.

Ref had a great game and let a lot go. Let it flow.

APM

Tyrone can do what they like and I can see why the pitch would have been narrowed for the Dublin game.  But suggesting that Sky asked for it!  That sounded suspect when it was first said and it figures that Sky have denied it, because there are enough people pissed off with Sky as it is, without them asking grounds to change the dimensions of the pitch.