?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: Glenman93 on March 03, 2019, 07:54:26 AM
Congrats to Derry. Some effort in wind and rain in Limerick. Promoted at three yesterday and nothing yet from Toby jog shawshank screenexile restorepride rawhide oakleaf optimist or any of them other boys. Must be no signal in all their houses.
Is a Gael not allowed to make a weekend of it and take in an All-Ireland Camogie Final on the way back from Limerick. Think before you talk shite.

TheOptimist

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on March 03, 2019, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: Derryboi on March 03, 2019, 10:35:26 AM
Derry promoted to division 3,and not one mention on here,forby Glenman93 that is.not even from the pessimists who are quick to bash Derry.well,for wat it's worth,well done Derry,the stint in division 4 was short lived.will be great to be back in croke park again.lets hope we get promoted out of division 3 next yr.well done lads.#DoireAbu #UTW

A full 24 hours before the team who relegated us last year swapped places after five consecutive defeats and a points difference of -40. No honour in this promotion; we touched lucky that Coleraine and not Sleacht NĂ©ill are Derry senior champions.

Oh aye we're quare lucky to have our best players available for the first time in a few years 🙄

screenexile

Congrats to Derry. Some effort in wind and rain in Limerick. Promoted at three yesterday and nothing yet from Toby jog shawshank screenexile restorepride rawhide oakleaf optimist or any of them other boys. Must be no signal in all their houses.

I've been away all weekend with not a pile of access to the computer and truth be told I'm rarely on this thread anymore.

I'm not quite sure why you've called me out I've not been overly critical of the current regime at all and I'm certainly glad that our main aim of promotion has been achieved.

Hopefully we can win the league now in Croke Park as it will be a great help for confidence heading into the Championship. If we can keep the momentum going hopefully we can at least give Tyrone a game which we haven't for x amount of years now.

toby47

Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2019, 11:08:27 PM

I've been away all weekend with not a pile of access to the computer and truth be told I'm rarely on this thread anymore.

I'm not quite sure why you've called me out I've not been overly critical of the current regime at all and I'm certainly glad that our main aim of promotion has been achieved.

Hopefully we can win the league now in Croke Park as it will be a great help for confidence heading into the Championship. If we can keep the momentum going hopefully we can at least give Tyrone a game which we haven't for x amount of years now.

Also don't get the point of his post.

Promotion from division 4 was a certainty from the outset. I'm hoping for an improved championship performance vs Tyrone & a back door run. Then i'll judge the improvement from last year.

oakleaflad

We do have lives outside of this website you know?  ;D For what it's worth I posted in the NFL Div 4 thread after the game. Glad promotion is secure, a bonus to do it so early and unbeaten at that. I would also be one who leans towards optimism, with a bit of realism thrown in, so not really sure why I've been called out either?

tonesfirstandlast

Is it true that that the Slaughtneil committee asked the camogs to give one set of their all Ireland medals to their footballers and they refused. Very poor form of the committee i think for putting the girls in this position.

Rawhide

Quote from: Rawhide on February 28, 2019, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 28, 2019, 11:49:07 AM
Sure we'll see how the year and next few pan out. On the rise

Your were referencing this year sir. Your reeling back from your position. I like yourself expect to see progress over the next few years as well. But your naivety is specific to this year and where we currently are and your logic that division two teams would not relish playing us in the championship. What is your assessment based on?, its not our championship record, so what is it based on. A logical response would be appreciated rather than the pulling of the heart explaination.

Glenman93, this is my quote challenging JoG2 on his rationale for D2 teams fearing us in the CHAMPIONSHIP. I can't recall any posts being critical of getting promotion. I certainly have criticised our manager for taking us into D4, and that was well merited.

Please show me where I have posted anything about not wanting promotion. Sorry I couldn't post in a timely fashion that suits your needs, I went to Dublin at the weekend to support the neighbours in winning their third All Ireland in a row. Tremendous achievement
cccc is a true supporter lol

JoG2

Quote from: Rawhide on March 04, 2019, 11:14:23 AM
Quote from: Rawhide on February 28, 2019, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 28, 2019, 11:49:07 AM
Sure we'll see how the year and next few pan out. On the rise

Your were referencing this year sir. Your reeling back from your position. I like yourself expect to see progress over the next few years as well. But your naivety is specific to this year and where we currently are and your logic that division two teams would not relish playing us in the championship. What is your assessment based on?, its not our championship record, so what is it based on. A logical response would be appreciated rather than the pulling of the heart explaination.

Glenman93, this is my quote challenging JoG2 on his rationale for D2 teams fearing us in the CHAMPIONSHIP. I can't recall any posts being critical of getting promotion. I certainly have criticised our manager for taking us into D4, and that was well merited.

Please show me where I have posted anything about not wanting promotion. Sorry I couldn't post in a timely fashion that suits your needs, I went to Dublin at the weekend to support the neighbours in winning their third All Ireland in a row. Tremendous achievement

that's not quite what I said, though it definitely sounds more dramatic using the word 'fearing' alright.

Delighted the team has done what they had to do. ALL teams in all divisions are well enough drilled defensively and in good enough nick to make it tough and low scoring at times. More football for Sukie too. So, all being well, we'll have the likes of Lynn, Sukie, Sammy, E Bradley, Tad, McGuigan  leading the line come championship. Keenan / BR also getting more minutes under their belts in defence. #ontheupwithmackersmen

restorepride

Quote from: restorepride on March 03, 2019, 10:46:59 PM
Is a Gael not allowed to make a weekend of it and take in an All-Ireland Camogie Final on the way back from Limerick. Think before you talk shite.
Well? Any answer? No signal?

Real Talk

Just glad that we have got promoted and in the quickest way possible.  So hopefully the best of the U20's can add a bit of "strength in depth" to our panel and maybe they will get a run out in the Qualifiers. 

Was Brendan Rogers injured again for last Sunday ?   

oakleaf93

Quote from: Real Talk on March 06, 2019, 04:26:53 PM
Just glad that we have got promoted and in the quickest way possible.  So hopefully the best of the U20's can add a bit of "strength in depth" to our panel and maybe they will get a run out in the Qualifiers. 

Think he might have been with the hurlers last weekend

oakleaflad

Quote from: oakleaf93 on March 06, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

He was at a wedding on the Saturday (when the footballers played). Was named on the hurling panel for Sunday, not sure if he played.

Real Talk

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 06, 2019, 04:34:57 PM
Quote from: oakleaf93 on March 06, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

He was at a wedding on the Saturday (when the footballers played). Was named on the hurling panel for Sunday, not sure if he played.

Good to hear he is not injured ... gives us a great physical presence with a good attacking streak in him

Norf Tyrone

Lads

Anyone got a link to what division each Derry club will field in this year?

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

toby47

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 08, 2019, 11:37:57 AM
Lads

Anyone got a link to what division each Derry club will field in this year?

Thanks

ACFL Division 1A
Glen
Ballinascreen 
Loup
Slaughtneil 
Bellaghy
Lavey 
Magherafelt
Dungiven 
Swatragh
Banagher