Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2023, 05:10:53 PM
Oh look, the greatest player of all time went missing in a big game again 👀

Which one?  Niblock described  all  30 players in that way   ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2023, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2023, 05:55:38 PM
Watched it on my phone while in London! National anthem blasting along Regent street. Dublin best team in first half Kerry edged the 3rd quarter and Dublins bench proving its worth, Kerry will be back next year and no reason why Dublin won't either, nothing out there able to push these two.

Again simple rule's confusing players ex managers current managers and sofa experts!

We beat that Kerry team in the AISF 2021, and we need to remine that mojo -- then, you can put ourselves in that bracket.

Two teams going in opposite directions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Watched it on my phone while in London! National anthem blasting along Regent street.

Couldn't find a Irish pub in London to watch the match?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Watched it on my phone while in London! National anthem blasting along Regent street. Dublin best team in first half Kerry edged the 3rd quarter and Dublins bench proving its worth, Kerry will be back next year and no reason why Dublin won't either, nothing out there able to push these two.

Again simple rule's confusing players ex managers current managers and sofa experts!

On the subject of rules Philly McMahon doesn't understand quite a few of them it would seem.

On the subject of cluxton Dublin would not have won that game without him. His ability to find men on his kick outs is second to none. Without him they'd not have won that game.

NotedObserver

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2023, 06:07:30 PM

On the subject of rules Philly McMahon doesn't understand quite a few of them it would seem.

On the subject of cluxton Dublin would not have won that game without him. His ability to find men on his kick outs is second to none. Without him they'd not have won that game.

Has Cluxton been playing goal at club level? So calm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 30, 2023, 06:04:18 PM
Watched it on my phone while in London! National anthem blasting along Regent street.

Couldn't find a Irish pub in London to watch the match?

Between being the perfect husband/father and trying to get to Gatwick I managed to catch nearly all the game.. coverage was grand for the mobile!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Derry didn't push Kerry in the semi final?

Eire90

if kerry v dublin final next year it will be very bad for the gaa

LeoMc

Quote from: Eire90 on July 30, 2023, 06:18:55 PM
if kerry v dublin final next year it will be very bad for the gaa
And why would that be?

bennydorano

Dublin thoroughly deserving winners, an intense game but after today and the semis I honestly don't think these pair are too far ahead of the next few in the field. Maybe I'm deluded but I might have a bet on Galway for Sam next year at this early stage. They are the only team not quoted on oddschecker there for 2024 when I looked, that's a sign!

Mario

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 30, 2023, 06:17:28 PM

Derry, Galway and Mayo will all push them.

HokeyPokey

I think the best team won. I can't see the claims against Gough. In the first half, I felt he was giving Kerry the soft frees and reluctant to give Dublin frees as well as giving them a few soft yellows. Second half I didn't notice much either way, besides there should have been more time given after Rock's free.

The weather definitely didn't help the game.

Dublin showed they can still get there. They have cemented their position as the best team of all time, even if most have moved on. I wouldn't be quick to claim they won't win any more. They'll no doubt have more players to come through and the current crop will rise to carry the mantle.

There's no absolutely outstanding teams at the moment in my eyes, though I could just be being nostalgic. Tyrone, and Kerry were in the 00s. Dublin in the 2010s. This Kerry team have more to prove, I think.

Clifford, I think has too. He's almost certainly the best player in the country, but for the hype he gets he's not hitting the stratospheric levels of performance that would warrant it in my opinion. I've seen individual players who can win their own ball better, players who can beat a man easier, players who can pass better, players who could kick better or more outrageous points and players who could impose themselves on a big game better than David Clifford. That may be extremely harsh, which it is, but there's been a narrative since he was 17 that he's going to be the undisputed greatest of all time, but I would have expected an impact like Jonah Lomu or Messi etc. for that to be true. But, he may ascend there yet!

thewobbler

No harm to you hokeypokey, once you try to start naming those "individual players", you'll start to realise how daft that collection of statements is.

Wildweasel74

Who are these players out of interest, cause for ever one you mention am sure there's a defender out there who has kept them quite.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 30, 2023, 06:17:28 PM

There's pushing a team and there's getting over the line against a team, beat either Kerry or Dublin next year and we can look at Derry being a team possibly winning. They've won Ulster twice and still no final