restorepride

Quote from: guevara on August 02, 2023, 09:09:16 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 09:00:13 PM
Quote from: guevara on August 02, 2023, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 07:16:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 02, 2023, 06:54:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 02, 2023, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 02, 2023, 04:37:19 PM
What were the two reds you talked about? Black I'm not sure on tbh - someone said it but I don't buy it.

Head high challenges

Dangerous/reckless play/intentional striking

I get why people might think that McCarthy should have been put off but there were not two straight red card offences in that game or everyone would be talking about it. Red for persistent fouling maybe but two straight reds no. Otherwise why wasn't it being talked about by everyone?
Exactly. Some haven't got over their disappointment yet and I understand that. Time is a sort of healer. What we really need to avoid is expecting ever ref to get every call right, in one viewing and in a split second. Impossible.

Who said McCarthy had a single red card offence?  He definitely was guilty of numerous challenges that normally would be generally accepted as Yellow/Black Card offences. The accumulation would have resulted in him being sidelined as per the rules of the game.

Nobody is yet to explain how Gough and his officials missed Costello throwing a punch and getting away with it?

I actually like Gough as a Referee but when he is put in charge of The Dubs in pressure games he has a tendency to let them cross the line.

It is well documented that he was effectively their In house Referee
The GAA should have more cop on and stop making problems for itself.
It can be explained.  Can I ask first if you were at the match or watched in on tv?

I was at the game & have re-watched it as well. Why whats your point?
Did you see Costello throw the punch in real time?

guevara

I was in The Cusack so a bit further away than Gough who was on the 40. A linesman was also around the 40. You can clearly see a coming together instigated by Costello that leaves the Kerry player on the ground holding his stomach/groin area.

Even TV commentary picked up on Costello getting away with it. Your point is?
I was there on Sunday to enjoy the  final, not officiate it. Did you see it "in real time?"
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 02, 2023, 06:09:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2023, 05:00:19 PM
What were the two reds you talked about? Black I'm not sure on tbh - someone said it but I don't buy it.

Head high challenges

O'Shea did same 'high tackle' didn't even get a card for his? was that Kerry biased ?

Did O Shea do it multiple times and did he also have a potential black card offense overlooked for good measure?

He actually did make contact twice in two different fouls, not even a note!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2023, 10:14:15 PM

Head high challenges

O'Shea did same 'high tackle' didn't even get a card for his? was that Kerry biased ?

Did O Shea do it multiple times and did he also have a potential black card offense overlooked for good measure?

Made contact to the head in 2 separate late  challenges?

restorepride

Quote from: guevara on August 02, 2023, 10:13:36 PM
I was in The Cusack so a bit further away than Gough who was on the 40. A linesman was also around the 40. You can clearly see a coming together instigated by Costello that leaves the Kerry player on the ground holding his stomach/groin area.

I was there on Sunday to enjoy the  final, not officiate it. Did you see it "in real time?"
No and that is the point. None of the officials saw it. Simple explanation.

guevara

Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 10:30:24 PM

But they did see it. Watch the game, you can see Gough sees it, runs to Costello and then moves the ball in for him mouthing off.

If you are saying a Ref, Linesman & two Umpires all with sight lines of it somehow all missed the punch but yet still awarded a free then Id have to suggest they are either pretty poor at their jobs or bottled it.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Wildweasel74

I wanted to see Kerry beat to be honest, mostly due to alot of bad hits in the Derry game. But at the same time, I can't turn round and say Mccarthy was not at the same craic in the final, which would been sorted if he was  carded early as he should have been.

restorepride

Quote from: guevara on August 02, 2023, 10:37:53 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 10:30:24 PM

But they did see it. Watch the game, you can see Gough sees it, runs to Costello and then moves the ball in for him mouthing off.

If you are saying a Ref, Linesman & two Umpires all with sight lines of it somehow all missed the punch but yet still awarded a free then Id have to suggest they are either pretty poor at their jobs or bottled it.
You didn't see it (ie the punch, as opposed to the foul - you just saw a coming together, same as Gough) from the elevated vantage point of the Cusack Stand?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 02, 2023, 10:23:40 PM

Head high challenges

Yes.. watch it back, first one very soon after the fouls against him by McCarthy, other one later on, but you probably missed it, that's ok, these things happen in a game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2023, 12:33:43 AM

Head high challenges

Yes.. watch it back, first one very soon after the fouls against him by McCarthy, other one later on, but you probably missed it, that's ok, these things happen in a game

So in the cold light of day, do you think the ref called the game equally for both sides?

imtommygunn

A head high challenge is not necessarily a red card. Frank Burns's tackle against Galway was a red card but it broke the jaw(and he was remorseful too). None of McCarthy's were or were even close or they'd be being talked about by everyone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 03, 2023, 02:05:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2023, 12:33:43 AM

Head high challenges

So in the cold light of day, do you think the ref called the game equally for both sides?

Forget about the cold light of day ffs! This was in the white heat of a senior final, challenges whether they are missed timed accidental or deliberate are going to happen, McCarthy's first challenge was the same as O'Shea's two challenges in the game, same outcome, a free, no major malice involved in both, the one deserved yellow card for neck/face challenge was handed out..

At best Gough could have noted both, that would still have McCarthy on the pitch at the end, for such a big enforcer in the game he committed 4 fouls ... not 400 they way some have got on.

guevara

I never said McCarthy's fouls were all red card offences.

Okay lets flip it. Lets say Kerry committed the fouls McCarthy & Costello did. Would Gough had come to the same decisions?  Not a chance!

Michael Jordan

Rossfan

And lets say a Russian drone landed on the pitch......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: guevara on August 03, 2023, 09:06:30 AM
I never said McCarthy's fouls were all red card offences.

Okay lets flip it. Lets say Kerry committed the fouls McCarthy & Costello did. Would Gough had come to the same decisions?  Not a chance!

Darragh Ó Sé, in his post-match column, is nowhere near as sore as you are in respect of the refereeing performance, in that he (correctly) states that Dublin established the (thus far and no further) line with Gough early on, and weren't afraid to max it out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...