Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

LeoMc

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 21, 2019, 02:58:50 PM
Super 8 Game last year. Same situation with both teams already qualified. No B teams or weakened line ups.

1. Niall Morgan (Clonoe) 2. Michael McKernan (Coalisland) 3. Ronan McNamee (Aghyaran) 4. Hugh Pat McGeary (Pomeroy) 5. Tiernan McCann (Killyclogher) 6. Frank Burns (Pomeroy) 7. Peter Harte (Errigal Ciaran) 8. Colm Cavanagh (Moy) 9. Padraig Hampsey (Coalisland) 10. Mattie Donnelly (Trillick) 11. Niall Sludden (Dromore) 12. Conor Meyler (Omagh) 13. Cathal McShane (Eoghan Ruadh) 14. Richard Donnelly (Trillick) 15. Connor McAliskey (Clonoe)

1. Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's) 2. Jack McCaffrey 3. Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes) 4. Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams) 5. Brian Howard (Raheny) 6. James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams) 7. Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna) 8. Brian Fenton (Raheny) 9. Eoin Murchan 10. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge Street) 11. Ciarán Kilkenny (Castleknock) 12. Con O'Callaghan (Cuala) 13. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams) 14. Paul Mannion (Kilmacud Crokes) 15. John Small

?

yellowcard

This match is on the Sunday so both sides will know their semi final opponents should they win the match. I'd imagine that Tyrone with their counter attacking style would be better suited to playing Kerry and therefore should Kerry win against Meath as expected this would come about if they were to finish second in the group. Using that logic you would expect Mickey Harte to play a reserve team in this match but that is not really his style as he tends to treat McKenna Cup games like championship matches. Dublin can probably field a second team in this match and still be really competitive and I'd expect Gavin to do this given an expected 6/7 day turnaround prior to a semi final.   

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2019, 01:05:20 PM
This match is on the Sunday so both sides will know their semi final opponents should they win the match. I'd imagine that Tyrone with their counter attacking style would be better suited to playing Kerry and therefore should Kerry win against Meath as expected this would come about if they were to finish second in the group. Using that logic you would expect Mickey Harte to play a reserve team in this match but that is not really his style as he tends to treat McKenna Cup games like championship matches. Dublin can probably field a second team in this match and still be really competitive and I'd expect Gavin to do this given an expected 6/7 day turnaround prior to a semi final.

A 6 day turnaround between super 8 and a semi final one of the many problems in the structure at the minute. The weekend off would be better between these 2 games.

Norf Tyrone

You'd be surprised if Petey Harte plays with the black card issue.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

I'd be surprised if at least 7 or 8 changes aren't made to the team. I just cant see why you would risk going all out in a match 6 or 7 days before a semi final. Yesterdays game showed Donegal and Kerry to be around the same level and it shouldn't make a huge difference who you play. Plus there is a lot of boys in the panel due some game time.

DUBSFORSAM1

Cluxton
Cooper, O'Carroll, McMahon
McCarthy, O'Sullivan, Lowndes
MDMA, Gavin
Scully, Kilkenny, Howard
McMenamon, Rock, Costelloe

Have McCaffrey, Fenton, O'Callaghan, Mannion, Connolly, Brogan, Andrews etc on the bench

Whishtup

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 22, 2019, 02:00:59 PM
Cluxton
MDMA, Gavin
Scully, Kilkenny, Howard

Have McCaffrey, Fenton, O'Callaghan, Mannion, Connolly, Brogan, Andrews etc on the bench

Hard to see any weakness here-frightening!

Jayop

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2019, 09:27:33 AM
My starting 15.
Hugo Duncan
Aiden McRory
Philomena Begley
Fuzzman
Jerome Quinn
Fergal Logan
Dennis Taylor
Plunkett Donaghy
Tyrone Tom
Adrian Logan
Paudge Quinn
Kyle Coney- would like to see him get 70 mins under his belt.
Jimmy Cricket
Darren Clarke
Lee Brennan

;D ;D ;D We really don't have too many celebrities in Tyrone do we?? Maybe young Gallagher the McGreggor lite could get a few minutes under his belt.

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2019, 01:05:20 PM
It is interesting one that Tyrone would prefer Kerry and Dublin probably marginally Donegal, if it is those two that qualify.

Mayo being the potential fly in the ointment! They're in mediocre enough form but probably reasonable to say that they usually play very well against both Tyrone and Dublin.

Jayop

I have literally no idea who Tyrone would have a better chance against in the semi final but I will say that all 4 of these final round games should be played on the same day at the same time so if there was a particularly soft team coming through from one side of the draw you couldn't have a team throw a game to try to ace them.

With Kerry facing Meath you'd expect them to top the group. The only team that can equal them on the top of the table is Donegal and their game was a draw so even with two teams it will come down to points difference and Kerry are already +1 on Donegal but you'd expect them to beat Meath by more than Donegal could beat Mayo if they do win. So finishing second in our group means we will play Kerry in all likelyhood. As for the other team I fancy Donegal to do the business against Mayo even in Castlebar, but Mayo have had a knack of winning these type of games narrowly in the past so despite the miles on teh clock it wouldn't surprise me.

If Tyrone have ambitions of facing Dublin again in a final then we simply can't show our hand here and nor can we afford to take a tanking. Gavin will still put out a pretty much full strength team against us but we have to rest players now. The lads looked leggy as f**k at the weekend and it's no surprise given the schedule they've had the last 2 months. I think we'll go pure running game with one man up top, perhaps Richie over Cathal and just try to get through the game as safely as possible.

I'd much prefer us to play Kerry or Mayo in this round. Not because I think that we'd have more chance of beating them (Kerry moreso) but because I'm sick of the sight of Donegal at this stage and I'm sure them us.

Hound

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 22, 2019, 02:00:59 PM
Cluxton
MDMA, Gavin
Scully, Kilkenny, Howard

That's probably not too far away. Byrne instead of Philly I reckon.

Not sure Kilkenny will be risked. I would say himself, Jack and Fenton will see zero game time. Alongside Cooper and Cluxton, they are the 5 most irreplaceable players. But Cooper probably needs the game, so worth risking him.

It's interesting that if he decided to rest Scully and Howard, there's no real like-for-like replacements at wing forward. Last year Flynn and Basquel came in for the dead rubber, but neither of them around this year. Connolly the obvious one, so maybe he might get a start after all, and perhaps Bugler, but he's not been seen much since the league.

Paddy Small probably gets a start somewhere, although he's another who's better inside.

Jayop

If Connolly's not on the bench for this then I doubt we'll see him at all this summer.

priceyreilly

This will be Dublin's second away game in the championship since 2006. Both in Omagh.

Fuzzman

Yeah they would also tell you they've not played any home ones either.
I can see the stadium being covered in flags this year and not just Palestine ones.