Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2013, 09:00:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2013, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 05, 2013, 08:27:31 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2013, 08:03:11 PM
If the BBC get any coverage it will be front and centre on bulletins tomorrow.

McCooey's should be ashamed of themselves.

What just all of them in general?
Just MR2.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2013, 08:12:42 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2013, 08:03:11 PM
If the BBC get any coverage it will be front and centre on bulletins tomorrow.

McCooey's should be ashamed of themselves.

Under 16's ffs, too many e numbers, the amount of games where the lads at that age get carried away is nuts. It just takes one thing to kick off. Ya need to blow for every challenge to ensure there is no niggles going on
You expect people on the sidelines to have a bit more sense. Isn't that part of their remit in juvenile games.

They are the ones usually egging them on ffs, head da balls, I canny wait to hear who's involved and whats done about it
You've been spending too much time in north Antrim.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

The Worker

Whoever headbutted the female reporter deserves a lifeban.

A bad reflection on all involved.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2013, 11:01:06 AM
"The story goes".....A bit of argy bargy, young lad from Sarsfields steps back and pulls across Glenshesk lad's head. Glenshesk lad's da runs on and whacks Sarsfields yound lad. A member of an infamous Sarsfields family runs on and whacks him. Madness after that. The camerawoman was apparently done by one of the aforementioned infamous family.

Yeah that's about the height of what I heard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Oh dear HS! Assuming that's all true:

I suppose we'll sit back and wait on the repercussions but I believe that family barely even speak to each other!

Not remotely defending (obviously) the mentors actions nor the players - but the parent that jumped the wire is just as (if not more) guilty and and to blame.

An adult entering the field to strike a juvenile?
The initial strike can be dealt with using the ref & the rules - this action precipitates the rest of the events - which again I am not defending one bit.

This parent has a lot to answer for.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 06, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

I suppose we'll sit back and wait on the repercussions but I believe that family barely even speak to each other!

Not remotely defending (obviously) the mentors actions nor the players - but the parent that jumped the wire is just as (if not more) guilty and and to blame.

The initial strike can be dealt with using the ref & the rules - this action precipitates the rest of the events - which again I am not defending one bit.

In my day ya really didn't see too many parents turning up for the games, the obvious ones were of course club men who's sons played, outside of that there wasn't many there, now ffs ya can't get them off the line, and in most cases never played the game but are telling the manager what to do!!! Telling their kids to 'get him son'!!

My dad turned up for a few games, wasn't a Gaa man at all, got him to go to a football semi final once, a fight broke out, I'm in the middle of it, as I got in the car to go home my dad hit me a clip round the ear for fighting!! That's the way it was

All clubs have a code of conduct for supporters at games, nothing is ever done to these parents when they break those rules, through maybe fear of that parent taking Johnny away to another club!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Indeed MR2 and given the way parents & kids are nowadays a solicitor on the end of the phone!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 11:44:54 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 06, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

In my day ya really didn't see too many parents turning up for the games, the obvious ones were of course club men who's sons played, outside of that there wasn't many there, now ffs ya can't get them off the line, and in most cases never played the game but are telling the manager what to do!!! Telling their kids to 'get him son'!!

My dad turned up for a few games, wasn't a Gaa man at all, got him to go to a football semi final once, a fight broke out, I'm in the middle of it, as I got in the car to go home my dad hit me a clip round the ear for fighting!! That's the way it was

All clubs have a code of conduct for supporters at games, nothing is ever done to these parents when they break those rules, through maybe fear of that parent taking Johnny away to another club!!
If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

playwiththewind1st

If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven
[/quote]

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience. 

Sleeping giant

And the young city lads got awarded the cup. As Glenshesk didn't agree to a replay.  Are you f--king serious????  ???
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Buswhacker

Birr getting hammered by 8 points

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 06, 2013, 04:21:25 PM
And the young city lads got awarded the cup. As Glenshesk didn't agree to a replay.  Are you f--king serious????  ???
unreal. As I've said before, the county set up is a joke.

Seamroga in exile

Portaferry   1-8   3-18   Loughgiel Shamrocks   

Ballycran   8-16   1-11   St John's GAC   

Ruairí Óg   3-11   1-14   Ballygalget   

O`Donovan Rossa GAC  2-12   5-21   Mac Uilin CLG

Nice wee win for a much changed shamrocks team today down on the peninsula. Four starting from the championship winning team of last week. Some big scores in the other matches.

Ballycran and Ballycastle fairly hitting the onion bag.  :o

I hear the ref in the Rossa match wasn't up to much.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 06, 2013, 05:51:17 PM

Nice wee win for a much changed shamrocks team today down on the peninsula. Four starting from the championship winning team of last week. Some big scores in the other matches.

Wee bit late in the year for that type of scoring, pointless games unless you're fighting to win league (no one cares about that) or relegation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 06, 2013, 05:51:17 PM

Wee bit late in the year for that type of scoring, pointless games unless you're fighting to win league (no one cares about that) or relegation
Ahoghill beat Burt 2-14 to 1-10. Well done to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 06, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience.
[/quote]

Yes that's a ridiculous statement north antrim hound ffs. The parents coming on to the pitch will only make a bad situation worse. No f**king need