Hurlers are ugly bastards....

Started by the_FNG, March 04, 2007, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_FNG

...at least according to Laim Fay in the Sunday Times Culture magazine.

On Sean Og O hAilpin,

"As revered by female teenyboppers for his physical prowess as he is by male hurling fans, O hAilpin is one of GAA's few genuine pin-ups , a rare droplet of eye candy in a sport where players are often encouraged to wear face guards as much for the spectators' protection as their own."

From reading his very snipey column this didn't seem like a humourous throwaway comment, I detected an undercurrent of dislike for the GAA.

Also, Fay has the audacity to come out with this bold statement in a column that also boasts a picture of himself. The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. He's no stranger to a cream horn himself the chubby faced wee f**ker.

GalwayBayBoy

I remember Liam Fay used to write great stuff in Hot Press years ago.

His book on religion in Ireland was funny as f**k.

His television reviews were very good too. Haven't read his stuff in a while though.

lynchbhoy

cant rem what his column was about recently , but whatever it was I thought he was a clueless f**r
and wont be reading his drivel again...

Tony Baloney

His column was basically slagging off GAA folk going into new careers e.g. Geraghty running for Fine Gael and Sean Og taking over from Alan Partridge on tv. I think everything he said was fair comment - especially the bit about hurlers being ugly bastdards  ;D

tayto

Jesus the media in this country really is muck. He gets paid for that type of childish shite.

SlimShady

Quote from: tayto on March 05, 2007, 11:20:08 AM
Jesus the media in this country really is muck. He gets paid for that type of childish shite.

is that Homer Simpson as your avatar?

The Real Laoislad

Henry Shefflin is no oil painting but he has a fine girlfriend!! Or jersey girl as there called in Kilkenny
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Truth

I see most of the Cushendall team had helmets on against Loughrea, in fairness there is a few ugly f**kers on that team.... :-*
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

tayto

Quote from: SlimShady on March 05, 2007, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: tayto on March 05, 2007, 11:20:08 AM

is that Homer Simpson as your avatar?

So your point is homer simpson is childish,right, that may be true, but i'm not paid to write in a national newspaper.