Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeyourpoint

Doesn't make any sense. A player in middle of October can't play U21 but come January 1st can play Senior

Footblock

The rule about 17 year olds not being able to play was only brought in last year. It has not been about for years.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: takeyourpoint on October 15, 2019, 10:44:42 AM
Its not a new rule. Its been like this for years.

It hasnt. its only in this year. we played fellas in first year of minor in last years U21 football & hurling championship. Id think someone would of pointed out we were in the wrong before we won the hurling and reached the football final.

Its affected alot of clubs this year in both codes. Ballycastle didnt field in the hurling due to lack of nos due to the new rule and this was the team we beat in the final the season prior.
hurl like f**k boi!

The Gs Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2019, 10:20:16 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 15, 2019, 08:39:21 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 14, 2019, 08:48:15 AM
seen the new rule change yesterday at U21 level in action. we were down in Aghagallon with the 21's and they had a player black carded. off he went and no one went on.

we said to the lads 'here you know that wasnt a red and you can bring on a player' to which they said they cant cause the the subs were all first year minors and they only had 15 players.

thats total nonsense of a rule change esp when you have 4 lads sitting there and clubs struggling with nos.

decent game between ourselves and some good scores taken. happy with our performance as it was the first time we had met up since the county final last year lol

Decent game in wet conditions.  Dunloy worthy of the win.  Although I thought you might have blew it first half.  You had all the posession but didn't do much with it going forward.  We played poorly but I thought we'd come out second half and go a bit more direct.  Didn't happen.

Dunloy far more clinical up front 2nd half and deservedly got their goals to win it.

Black card issue happened at a bad time for us too.

Whos the no 11 for yourselves? very good footballer. A lot seemed to go through him.

That would be Adam Loughran.  Definitely county potential.  Think he's still only 18 or 19 too.  Was a big part of the St. Ronan's Hogan Cup winning squad.
Keep 'er lit

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 15, 2019, 01:24:17 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 15, 2019, 10:20:16 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 15, 2019, 08:39:21 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 14, 2019, 08:48:15 AM
seen the new rule change yesterday at U21 level in action. we were down in Aghagallon with the 21's and they had a player black carded. off he went and no one went on.

we said to the lads 'here you know that wasnt a red and you can bring on a player' to which they said they cant cause the the subs were all first year minors and they only had 15 players.

thats total nonsense of a rule change esp when you have 4 lads sitting there and clubs struggling with nos.

decent game between ourselves and some good scores taken. happy with our performance as it was the first time we had met up since the county final last year lol

Decent game in wet conditions.  Dunloy worthy of the win.  Although I thought you might have blew it first half.  You had all the posession but didn't do much with it going forward.  We played poorly but I thought we'd come out second half and go a bit more direct.  Didn't happen.

Dunloy far more clinical up front 2nd half and deservedly got their goals to win it.

Black card issue happened at a bad time for us too.

Whos the no 11 for yourselves? very good footballer. A lot seemed to go through him.

That would be Adam Loughran.  Definitely county potential.  Think he's still only 18 or 19 too.  Was a big part of the St. Ronan's Hogan Cup winning squad.

Absolutely. really good player, good feet on him and can move the ball really well. lots of potential with the lad.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Footblock on October 15, 2019, 11:57:09 AM
The rule about 17 year olds not being able to play was only brought in last year. It has not been about for years.
do you have the details of it? can't see it on county website

BigBallWeeBall

Belfast GAA - club secretary would probably be best option for this

Belfast GAA man

Done that big ball - he get a computer says no , just get On with it sort of reply

Points a Good Score

Its a directive from Croke Park, i'd imagine very little Antrim officials can do about it.

BigBallWeeBall

Treoraí  Oifigiúil   Cuid I
Rule 6.17      Age Grades

Effective from January 1st 2018, the above Section shall read:

Adult: - Club Be Over 17 years - Inter-County Be Over 18 years

Under 21: - Club Be Under 21 years and Over 16 years - Inter-County Hurling Be Under 21 years and Over 18 years

Under 20: - Inter-County Football Be Under 20 years and Over 18 years Minor

(Under 18): - Club Be Under 18 and Over 14 years Minor

(Under 17): - Inter-County Be Under 17 and Over 15 years

Under 16: Be Under 16 years and Over 12 years

Under 14: Be Under 14 years and Over 10 years

Under 12: Be Under 12 years and Over 9 years

To be "Under" an age shall mean that the player shall celebrate the Upper Limit birthday (e.g. 21st. for Under 21 Grade) on the 1st. January of the Championship Year or on a later date. To be "Over" an age shall mean that the player shall have celebrated the Lower Limit birthday (e.g. 17th. to participate in Adult Grades (Club)) prior to the 1st. January of the Championship Year. Adult shall include Senior, Intermediate and Junior Grades.

Girls may participate only up to and including the Under 12 Grade.

Note: In the interests of the avoidance of any doubt regarding Age Grade eligibility, Championship Year shall mean the Calendar Year in which the Competition is commenced. In the event that the Competition is completed in a subsequent Calendar Year, such circumstances shall not be construed so as to allow a player who was ineligible, by reason of age, at the date of the commencement of the Competition to play in the Competition at any time up to and including the date of its conclusion.

breakingball

first year minors CANT play senior/ reserve

Quote from: Peter john on October 15, 2019, 10:52:32 AM
It's only in this year typ, as I said how can a 17 Yr not play u21this year against an u21, but can play sen/res next yr next year against an opponent aged between 18-50 fs, Antrim County board are muppets

johnnycool

Under 21: - Club Be Under 21 years and Over 16 years

That would mean a 17 year old can play U21, i,e U17 this year.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnnycool on October 16, 2019, 09:54:58 AM

that was my taking from that as well.

is this the official rule then or have antrim their own rule?
hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 16, 2019, 10:05:48 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 16, 2019, 09:54:58 AM

that was my taking from that as well.

is this the official rule then or have antrim their own rule?

antrim made there own rule.

BigBallWeeBall

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-chiefs-to-reconsider-u21-club-restriction-on-u17s-37867059.html
The official guide I posted was from 2018.
This is an article from 2019. Not sure if there was any resolution and I still believe first years minors CANT play u21. DR mentioned team pulling out of hurling because of this. I suppose this issue should have been addressed earlier this year.
On separate point if a team turns up with 14 players are the opposition to match this or is it deemed 'Championship' and can line out 15?
An even match up on players might help those struggling to field especially in the grading league stage.