The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2011, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2011, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: stephenite on July 01, 2011, 11:55:55 PM
It did sound bitter, but think he has a point. It may be hard to police but don't bring your camera or phone out onto a course. Every golf tournament I've been to has signs everywhere saying it's prohibited yet countless ignorant idiots ignore it.

It is hard to take someone who calls himself Bubba seriously.

and buttons his shirt the way he does.

A c'mon you missed an open goal Orior: It is hard to take someone who calls himself 'Muppet' seriously.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2011, 10:38:58 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2011, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2011, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: stephenite on July 01, 2011, 11:55:55 PM
It did sound bitter, but think he has a point. It may be hard to police but don't bring your camera or phone out onto a course. Every golf tournament I've been to has signs everywhere saying it's prohibited yet countless ignorant idiots ignore it.

It is hard to take someone who calls himself Bubba seriously.

and buttons his shirt the way he does.

A c'mon you missed an open goal Orior: It is hard to take someone who calls himself 'Muppet' seriously.
Some things just don't need saying Muppet...but of course you'd already know that  ;)
*edit* By the way, cameras were allowed at said event, so it would seem he came off a bit of a dick
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Boycey

A quick reminder folks, documentary on Seve at 10.45 tonight BBC1

attheraces

Lads I usually play with ProV/ProV1X but they are pretty damn expensive, and for the level I am playing at I doubt they make much of a difference to my game. Saying that, any other balls I have in my bag are pretty hard/distance balls and don't give me a good feel at all. I will happily sacrifice a couple of yards for extra feel. I started buying the ProV lake balls or refinished balls on eBay but they simply scuff/scratch/mark/crack far too easy, even the A grade ones.

Can any of you recommend a cheap soft ball, or somewhere where you can purchase high quality soft balls, or balls with a good feel that will last me numerous rounds.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

gerrykeegan

IMHO I think unless you play of single figures you are wating your time with expensive golf balls. I have to admit to playing with a Lidl golf ball, hard f**king balls but they go miles. Its grand when you are playing with your mates, its when you are in a compeition and everyone calls out what ball they are playing with Titleist 3, Srixon 2, ProV1 followed by me with Crivit 1
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Shamrock Shore

Lads.

Can this be viewed online anywhere live?

thebigfella

Quote from: attheraces on July 15, 2011, 03:00:43 PM
Lads I usually play with ProV/ProV1X but they are pretty damn expensive, and for the level I am playing at I doubt they make much of a difference to my game. Saying that, any other balls I have in my bag are pretty hard/distance balls and don't give me a good feel at all. I will happily sacrifice a couple of yards for extra feel. I started buying the ProV lake balls or refinished balls on eBay but they simply scuff/scratch/mark/crack far too easy, even the A grade ones.

Can any of you recommend a cheap soft ball, or somewhere where you can purchase high quality soft balls, or balls with a good feel that will last me numerous rounds.

In fairness, that'is not much to go on. Are they expensive cause you lose them during a round or is it because the non lake pro v's cut up too much?

My thoughts are if you lose more than 3 balls per round forget about premium balls. If you want a more durable ball with the similar performance use the Taylormade Penta. Now if your a high handicapper, forget about the premium balls, as people forget that any ball designed to spin will also increase side spin and make that dirty slice more pronounced ;)

I normally use Penta's, Pro v's shredded too much for me and it was too expensive buying balls. I also use Srixon AD333's in windy conditions (and the winter) when I want a lower penetrating ball flight.

Something like the bridgestone e6 or nike distance soft would maybe what you are after. Again depends on your handicap, how hard you swing etc.... The srixon AD333 for me would be a good compromise too.

Minder

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 15, 2011, 03:30:24 PM
Lads.

Can this be viewed online anywhere live?

Gerrykeegan playing with his cheap balls?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock Shore

Shite - wrong thread - sorry  :-\

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 15, 2011, 03:15:33 PM
IMHO I think unless you play of single figures you are wating your time with expensive golf balls.

I agree.

(even with the awful spelling mistakes)

attheraces

Quote from: thebigfella on July 15, 2011, 03:34:35 PM
Quote from: attheraces on July 15, 2011, 03:00:43 PM

In fairness, that'is not much to go on. Are they expensive cause you lose them during a round or is it because the non lake pro v's cut up too much?

My thoughts are if you lose more than 3 balls per round forget about premium balls. If you want a more durable ball with the similar performance use the Taylormade Penta. Now if your a high handicapper, forget about the premium balls, as people forget that any ball designed to spin will also increase side spin and make that dirty slice more pronounced ;)

I normally use Penta's, Pro v's shredded too much for me and it was too expensive buying balls. I also use Srixon AD333's in windy conditions (and the winter) when I want a lower penetrating ball flight.

Something like the bridgestone e6 or nike distance soft would maybe what you are after. Again depends on your handicap, how hard you swing etc.... The srixon AD333 for me would be a good compromise too.

I play off 10. I can notice the difference in a hard and soft ball just by hitting it though I haven't really experienced any other soft ball apart from Pro V's or the odd one I find. They are very expensive because they cut up, they only last 3/4 rounds before they really start getting bad. While brand new ones break my heart to buy.

I was playing with srixon z-star this evening, seemed ok, is the AD333 a better ball? By looking on internet srixon seems to be the one for best balance of value/performance.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Minder

Tiger Woods has parted company with his caddie, Steve Williams.

He will be on the prowl for a new one.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whitegoodman

Will be interesting to see who he goes for, he has only ever had the 2 caddies.

Sky sports reporting that its another part of his demise and that if he doesn't win a major by the end of next year he will quit. Can't see it myself, if he goes out he will want to do it with a bang ( in the golfing sense that is )