The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Did Harry lose 2 balls in the water today or was i seeing things? And still -9, some man to react well to those blows in fairness.

I am big fan of Harringtons, but about 2 yrs ago he was on about improving his swing etc... and hasnt been in contention in a major since, why tamper with something not broken, pity as his old game had more majors in him than now imo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Harrington -4 in second one behind Fisher.

You'd fancy the big name but his form this year and even this week has been so erratic that it is hard to rely on him.

But anyway.......c'mon Harry.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Fisher -16

Harry -14 but has a 10 foot eagle putt at the 15th. There will be some roar if he makes it!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Harry holes
But Fisher nets a birdie straight away.

Harry -7 for the day.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Harry playing unbelievable recovery shots. Still one behind but a makable putt here.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Harry misses on the 17th still one behind.

Fisher going for green with 2nd on par 5 16th. If he gets there you feel its over.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Fisher to 20 feet for eagle.

Harry another dodgy drive but it 'bounces' out of the sand (cute Kerry bunkers) but he needs a birdie and Fisher to collapse. Green drives into the water so Harry looks good for 2nd.
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Great round by Harrington yesterday- still Stuart Appleby's 59 to win by a stroke in the Greenbrier wasnt half bad either...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gerrykeegan

Had a lesson today, my second only lesson. Have been struggling big time at the moment. Met the pro for the first time today told him my woes. Took out a pitching wedge, hit the first shot  10 yards, hit the second 11 yards, hit the third 50 yards going right right right right. nearly hit the Pro with 4th shot. He said with a very serious face, youve been watching too much sky sports, those lads are keeping me in a job! 
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Puckoon

Anyone fancy 18 holes tomorrow?

The Real Laoislad

Tiger Woods finishes on +18 and ends up 2nd last!
If Phil Mick finishes in Top 4 he will be new World No.1.
I wonder will Tiger even be picked as a wildcard for Ryder Cup?
It hardly be fair to pick him now in this form and leave someone more deserving of a place out.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2010, 04:11:17 PM
It hardly be fair to pick him now in this form and leave someone more deserving of a place out.

Tiger probably wont be to worried about not getting picked for the ryder cup, sure its a team game and he wont be interested in that.

Went for a round of golf today using the new 'proper' grip for the first time since changing from my hurley grip. Getting more comfortable with it and hurley grip now feels awkward.  It was a  9 hole par 3 course, +11 on first 9 and then +20 on the second 9 ffs. Hopefully by next summer i will be better and able to use the bloody woods and driver.

The Worker

Quote from: JimStynes on August 08, 2010, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2010, 04:11:17 PM

Tiger probably wont be to worried about not getting picked for the ryder cup, sure its a team game and he wont be interested in that.

Went for a round of golf today using the new 'proper' grip for the first time since changing from my hurley grip. Getting more comfortable with it and hurley grip now feels awkward.  It was a  9 hole par 3 course, +11 on first 9 and then +20 on the second 9 ffs. Hopefully by next summer i will be better and able to use the bloody woods and driver.

Give him more time for the darting

Declan

Called up to see the lady's Irish Open over the weekend in Killeen Castle. Absolutely magnificent occasion and the standard of the golf was great. The young maguire lassies are just great and such consistency from ones so young just has to be admired. As for those swedes ;) ;) Great golfers 

Carmen Stateside

Tigers divorce seems to have took some pressure of his shoulders.
-5 after 16 in his first round of the Barclays.