The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Anyone watching the golf?

A female spectator tried to pick up Schwartzels ball (oh er missus)

Silly bitch!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

heganboy

the set of her scrambling after it with the fella trying to pull her back, she kept going pushing him away. Lethal...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gerrykeegan

Quote from: heganboy on March 15, 2010, 12:02:09 AM
the set of her scrambling after it with the fella trying to pull her back, she kept going pushing him away. Lethal...

I re-played it a couple of times, she was really mouthing off to him, I suspect that she might have some anger issues!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

heganboy

I might get away with this on a golf thread- but there are a lot of anger issues with women on golf courses...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thewobbler

Heading to Kilkenny in a few weeks and would like to get a round of golf in en route.

Anyone recommend anywhere not too far from the Dublin-Kilkenny road?

gerrykeegan

Quote from: thewobbler on April 12, 2010, 02:23:23 PM
Heading to Kilkenny in a few weeks and would like to get a round of golf in en route.

Just got back from a weekend down there, great spot. How much do you want to pay? Mount Juliet is on that road, its a great road now motorway nearly all the way. If your are heading down on a drinking session, warn the drivers that the boys in blue are out in force on the sunday mornings on the roads out of the City.

muppet

Quote from: Orior on March 14, 2010, 10:25:59 PM
Anyone watching the golf?

A female spectator tried to pick up Schwartzels ball (oh er missus)

Silly bitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6MeWNlwGEk&feature=related
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Reminds me of that staple of golf etiquette. 'It's bad etiquette to pick up a lost ball that is still moving'.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on April 12, 2010, 02:23:23 PM

Take the turn off for Gowran about 8 miles outside of Kilkenny on the Dublin/Carlow road. It's a beautiful course.
It's part of Gowran Park race track so ring ahead to make sure there is no horse racing on that day as 5 or 6 of the holes are in the middle of the track.
It's much cheaper than Mount Julliet and there is also a fine resturant there for post golf grub, I'm actually hoping to play myself there on Friday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Why do pros, and commentators, prefix the word 'golf' to everything? It's like they have to keep telling us what we are looking at.

'What a great golf course'
'That's a beautiful golf shot'
'He has great control of the golf ball'

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 12, 2010, 03:44:49 PM
Why do pros, and commentators, prefix the word 'golf' to everything? It's like they have to keep telling us what we are looking at.

'What a great golf course'
'That's a beautiful golf shot'
'He has great control of the golf ball'

And why do Americans then add 'right there' to all of the above? Actually Feherty does this as well.
MWWSI 2017

thewobbler

Thanks for the tips fellas. Will phone gowran tomorrow. Rathsallagh giving a good deal though. Anyone played it?

Played headfort new and lough erne this year. Two amazing courses. Erne shades it for views, headfort ever so slightly for holes, nearly every single one is a beauty.

gerrykeegan

Rathsallagh is a top course. Tha new couse is headfort is a cracker

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: thewobbler on April 12, 2010, 07:25:06 PM
Thanks for the tips fellas. Will phone gowran tomorrow. Rathsallagh giving a good deal though. Anyone played it?

Played headfort new and lough erne this year. Two amazing courses. Erne shades it for views, headfort ever so slightly for holes, nearly every single one is a beauty has a water trap near it!
Fixed that for you there!  Seriously though, its a savage course, one of the best around IMO.  Have played it twice now and I swear to God it nearly broke me the first time!  Hope to give it another rattle ot two over the summer.  Yet to play Lough Erne, but i hear its a fantastic track also.

thewobbler

Good man Gerry that's good enough for me. 50 eur for golf with a cart isn't bad at all.

Need the cart to preserve the stamina for copious stout in Kilkenny.

Gaillimh I didn't find headfort so bad. There's water everywhere but it wasn't that intimidating. Trees have always been a bigger problem for me though!