The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Anyone buy anything off the American Golf website before?

Looking at a set of Callaway X20's on it..  Not a bad price but was just wondering if I'd get them cheaper anywhere else?

heganboy

see McIlroy is up to his highest ever world ranking 13, not bad going...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thebigfella

Quote from: Joxer on November 17, 2009, 09:06:30 PM
Anyone buy anything off the American Golf website before?

Looking at a set of Callaway X20's on it..  Not a bad price but was just wondering if I'd get them cheaper anywhere else?

Try here too (or do a google).
http://www.sportscentralonline.com/Shop/Golf/Golf-Clubs-=-Irons/1009-New-Callaway-Irons-2008-X20-irons-4-SW-Steel-Reg.html
Just be carefully of the postage costs on other sites. Handy that you can pick em up at american golf as you can check them out first. I'm playing with a set of x20's at the moment and very happy with them, I do recommend you hit a few balls with them first before you commit.

If your average enough I would consider the Taylormade burner plus irons. I'm a huge fan of these too, unbelievably forgiving but probably lose a bit of distance over the x20's.

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/golf-irons/taylormade-burner-plus-steel--8--4---sw--irons/

Declan

Westwood -6
McIlroy -4
Harrington - 4

Good stuff but it looks like a 2 horse race fro order of merit now

The Real Laoislad

Delighted for Westwood winning the order of merit. I don't like Mcilroy at all to be honest a great golfer no doubt but I just don't like him.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

i've always been a big westwood fan so i'm glad he won it too. . . some amount of bucks tho. dont really like the idea of the european tour finishing up in dubai tho

stephenite

Well done to Westwood, some round yesterady. McIlroy continues to show a bit of class about him, nice touch to hang around to congratulate Lee at the final hole

Declan

Some performance by Wwestwood alright.

QuoteI don't like Mcilroy at all to be honest a great golfer no doubt but I just don't like him

Jaysus -He's only 20.What makes you say that? 

Billys Boots

I think his comments about the Olympics upset some folk.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Declan on November 23, 2009, 08:02:40 AM

QuoteI don't like Mcilroy at all to be honest a great golfer no doubt but I just don't like him

No reason in particular to be honest there is just something about him that I don't like I dunno why.Maybe I'm just jealous of his fine head of hair :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 23, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

No reason in particular to be honest there is just something about him that I don't like I dunno why.Maybe I'm just jealous of his fine head of hair :-[

He likes Toffee?
MWWSI 2017

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 23, 2009, 10:23:36 AM

Was talking about McIlroy with a couple of friends the other day who both said the same thing about him, they didn't like him but couldn't say why. I think hes ruffled a few feathers with some of his comments about the Ryder Cup and also the Olympics and he also seems pretty sure about his own abilities but I think he come across as a breath of fresh air.

He was very unlucky not to win the order of merit, going into the final event 150k ahead and losing out despite managing to finish 3rd in the event such was the prize money on offer. Congrats to Westwood though, a super player, and looks to be a good guy. He went from European No1 out to 204th in the world and back again, some achievement.

mackers

Fair play to Westwood, hope he's goes on and wins a major or two now.  Thought McIlroy conducted himself very well in the interviews all week. I missed out on the comments on the Olympics. What did he say?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Doogie Browser

Westwood will win a Major and I would not be at all surprised if it is next year, he has stated himself recently that all his focus will be on the majors next year, a bit like Harrington's approach in recent years. 

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: mackers on November 23, 2009, 04:22:02 PM
Fair play to Westwood, hope he's goes on and wins a major or two now.  Thought McIlroy conducted himself very well in the interviews all week. I missed out on the comments on the Olympics. What did he say?

Basically that as a Britsh passport holder he'd play for Britain rather than Ireland if the situation arose