The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

What an arrogant p***k!! The mans done. Thank god he never had the stones to win a major!

ExiledGael

Can't see the link (shit computer) when did this happen or who is Ross?
Absolute asshole, always has been and always will be.

tyroneboi

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 09, 2008, 07:42:51 PM
Can't see the link (shit computer) when did this happen or who is Ross?
Absolute asshole, always has been and always will be.

Happened last week at the European Open. Ross is the Sky Sports sound guy and was just doing his job. Monty has always had a chip on his shoulder. Hope he doesnt go to the Ryder Cup at the expense of someone like Clarke or Harrington.

The Real Laoislad

Whats the normal price for a Taylormade R7?
I found one on a Chinese website brand new for €70 with no shipping costs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

No wonder Montgomeries wife left him, a hateful bastard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 09, 2008, 10:34:31 PM

Make sure you arent just buying the head cover for that price. Over here its around 500$

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on July 09, 2008, 10:45:48 PM

Make sure you arent just buying the head cover for that price. Over here its around 500$

http://www.dhgate.com/productdisplay.do?pid=ff808081165d23a201165d6ca7e83bd7&f=EDLP&d=243007_20462615
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GaillimhIarthair

McGurks sell them for about €180

Tankie

QuoteAlso while I'm at it,Does anyone use those rescue woods on the fairway? I usually use my irons for a fairway shot but i have a mate who will use nothing only these rescue woods as he calls them,I think they are more a Hybrid than say your conventional 3 or 5 wood

Rescue clubs are great if you can find the right one, one of my mates who is a natural links golfer started using one last year when his game was off and he has never looked back.
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

As a 3 wood, I use one of those Adams 'Tight Lies' clubs. I picked it up when I lived in America, and I find it much easier to hit, even as a fairway wood, than a traditional 3. It also is usable in rough or tangle lies, to a certain extent. I don't have a handicap, but my last round 84 on a SSS 72, and I haven't had many rounds recently outside the mid 80s. What handicap would that get me? 14 or 16?

Tankie

Just out of interest are there many posters that are members of golf clubs and what is the year subscription or are most just casual golfers?
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

I'm casual, but I tend to be decent when I play. I've played once this year, the 84. I played twice in a society last year and had 39 points and 49 points off 18. Then I had to leave the course after 14 in Royal Southill (Rathbane) because of darkness and was 2 under gross at that stage. Other times I have been absolutely muck (high 90s), but not in the past few times I've played, for some reason.

I played a lot more in Arizona, and my best ever round is a 76  on a par 72 in Phoenix. I'd like to get my official handicap, etc., but I just don't play enough to be really good, or to justify the expense.

gerrykeegan

AZ they rule out your 2 to 3 of your bad scores on holes, I suspect if you put in three cards of 83,84 & 85 on a par 71 or 72 you are more likely to get a H/C of 11 or 12.

Tankie annual sub for me is 1400 , no up front entrance fee.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

Do you play a lot Gerry? 1400 is a big hit per year. Where are you a member?

Tankie

with no 'welcome' money 1400 is not to bad. we have the welcome money and I still paid €1100 this year - apparently it all goes into the club and that is meant to justify the money.
Grand Slam Saturday!