Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Football loses another legend. Loved watching him in the 1980s and was lucky enough to see him in the flesh for Garforth Town a few years ago. He didn't do much that day but you could see that he was a class act. RIP Socrates!
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 04, 2011, 09:54:20 AM
Sad to hear that. I remember reading recently that alcohol abuse had caught up on him. Remember him togging out for Gosforth Town a few years ago on a one-off? Silky midfielder of the early 80s.
Think he died of septicaemia after getting an infection. Has had a lot of illness over the past few years due to alcoholism. Was a great player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qlsw8FtIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SHEEDY

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 04, 2011, 09:26:06 AM
Socrates - Brazillian legend. Aged 57. RIP

what a player he was. RIP.
nil satis nisi optimum

Gaffer

Of course he had NO All Ireland medal .

One of the  GAA's better known myths that he had !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Sandino

Harry Morgan star of M*A*S*H and co-star in many, many westerns has died aged 96. I always enjoyed his performances and I thought he was dead years ago!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

brokencrossbar1

My team mate and my life long friend James Hughes, taken from us today in the most senseless way possible. I sat at a Carol Service in our local Chapel holding my 2 youngest close to me, trying to protect them but in many ways creating a comfort of normality for me that really isn't there today.  I was doing fine till they started Oh Holy Night and I couldn't hold back. I tried to find logic in what was happening. On the one hand we were singing about togetherness, love and the 'miracle' of Christmas. On the other hand my friend who I've known for nearly 30 years is lying dead in a morgue after being shot. I can't make sense of it.
James may not be Socrates nor Gary Speed but to me and all my friends he far outweighs what they were. He was on the field with me when we won in Mosney in the Community Games, he played the whole way through my under age career, we played senior together. We grew up together, we played this year together in the Junior championship. I spoke to him 2 weeks ago. I will never speak to him again. This is wrong, its fucked up, he was one of us. RIP Jemmy, we will miss you.

DoYerJob Linesman

Sorry for your loss BC1.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

el_cuervo_fc

Terrible news BCB1. a senseless waste of life. May he rest in peace.

Candyman

BC1... Had the pleasure of knowing the man also. A legend would be an understatement!! Would have made the odd trip to Armagh for a few scoops with the boys, always up for the craic and a laugh... Totally surreal to be taken in such away. RIP Wee James

Gaffer

RIP.

Such a senseless waste of life !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Square Ball

Read about it earlier, as stated already a terrible waste of life
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Forever Green

Sorry to hear that BC1

RIP and condolences to Mr Hughes family and friends

ONeill

That's the second young death I've heard about today. Coming up to Christmas it just seems more heartbreaking.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Agent Orange

Heard about this earlier, a sensless waste of life.

Oraisteach

Very sorry for your loss, BC1