Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranfield

I would have preferred the Madden & McEntee ticket as well due to the gulf in experience but Enda McGinley has potential so hopefully he can turn the tide next year.
Glad to see Sean Kelly in backroom

Mikhailov

Antrim must have some serious financial backing because they are going to need it to keep that set up happy. Was Cassidy an option or not?

Hoof Hearted

I'd still of preferred bannside and Milltown Row
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

McEntee ticket may have been an expensive one! I think that's a good set up and one that will get the players motivated and excited about.

on the sideline

Quote from: delgany on November 21, 2020, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2020, 04:28:56 PM
Who's Stephen Quinn?

S&C ?/ Coach, involved with Tyrone football

Used to coach for the Tyrone Co. Board, then the Ulster Council and is now a primary school teacher in Armagh somewhere. Definitely don't think he's a S&C coach though. Been with McGinley in Swatragh this past few years. Errigal man too. Decent coach from what I've heard of him.

As high profile as that management team sounds I don't think many/any of them have tasted much success with any of the teams they've coached/managed so far. Seems as though a high profile from your playing days is enough to get big jobs regardless of your management/coaching cv.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: on the sideline on November 21, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Who's Stephen Quinn?

Used to coach for the Tyrone Co. Board, then the Ulster Council and is now a primary school teacher in Armagh somewhere. Definitely don't think he's a S&C coach though. Been with McGinley in Swatragh this past few years. Errigal man too. Decent coach from what I've heard of him.

As high profile as that management team sounds I don't think many/any of them have tasted much success with any of the teams they've coached/managed so far. Seems as though a high profile from your playing days is enough to get big jobs regardless of your management/coaching cv.

There in good company then, neither have we sideline!!! Sean Kelly a master stroke, absolute gent and what a player, would have made any county team in the land.

bannside

Congratulations to the new and very exciting management team. Lets get fully behind them from day one. Hopefully the start of an exciting era for Antrim Football.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 21, 2020, 05:12:51 PM

Worked out too expensive as we'd Jim Gavin on our ticket!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

County board must be broke. Don't know how Mcginley got appointed over Mcentee when you look at the gulf in class regarding their CVs, at least Mcentee has a credible CV. Taking the cheap option the only explanation.
Maybe the county board should use some of the hurling money..

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2020, 07:45:43 PM

Jim Gavin didn't take a washer from Dublin
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Dunsilly King

Go luck to McGinley and his team. We'll looking forward to the next few years.

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 21, 2020, 09:45:14 PM

I won't be replying to this  utter nonsense. 😂😂

Saffrongael

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 21, 2020, 10:28:54 PM
Go luck to McGinley and his team. We'll looking forward to the next few years.

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 21, 2020, 09:45:14 PM

I won't be replying to this  utter nonsense. 😂😂

It's a fact

Not every IC manager is Micky Harte
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on November 21, 2020, 06:00:46 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on November 21, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Who's Stephen Quinn?

There in good company then, neither have we sideline!!! Sean Kelly a master stroke, absolute gent and what a player, would have made any county team in the land.
kelly was great club player but don't remember him being good for county ? ?

Milltown Row2

The buckfast must be flowing tonight...

Good luck to the new manager and backroom team..

I'm glad we've sensible people looking after things
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Take_her_back_ref

I'm surprised that Antrim went for McGinley/O'Neill over Madden/McEntee. Enda and Stevie could go in and do a fantastic job with Antrim and from what I hear Stevie seems to be pretty decent, but if you look at it, none of the top teams would take a punt on management with 3 years club management between them. Granted, Antrim aren't one of the top teams, but why should they not approach their management choices in the same way?

I suppose time will tell with this one. Good luck to them. If they do well we can thank you for preparing them for their homecoming a few years down the line.