China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sportacus on April 29, 2020, 06:08:55 PM
Can anyone answering me this - we went into lockdown at the end of March, say 30 days ago, and the virus has 14 day risk period - should we not be seeing much lower figures than we are in terms of new cases?  I'm getting increasingly pessimistic that this virus is very stubborn and has still plenty of fight left in it.  Where are these new cases coming from if we are spending most of our time in the house?

I can't answer that either and would prefer your post not to get lost in the mass of link pasting then excerpts from the link people can read for themselves!!

I can only guess people have passed to other people in households and workplaces. Then they will already have their herd immunity lol. To be honest I am puzzled too. I , like yourself, do not follow how so many still get it.

Ambrose

Quote from: grounded on April 29, 2020, 06:43:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 29, 2020, 06:29:29 PM
Activities involving close contact, such as hairdressing, are done by a household member, but with guidance provided by a professional via video link.

This was an interesting suggestion, if you do not live alone. Perhaps dentistry could be on a similar basis.

I'd say that would end well!

Piece of string and a door handle. Job jobbed.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

omaghjoe

Can anyone answering me this - we went into lockdown at the end of March, say 30 days ago, and the virus has 14 day risk period - should we not be seeing much lower figures than we are in terms of new cases?  I'm getting increasingly pessimistic that this virus is very stubborn and has still plenty of fight left in it.  Where are these new cases coming from if we are spending most of our time in the house?

Alot of it is down to the numbers of tests..... They are expanding testing based on need (or how much money you seem to have) So the more people that are tested the more positives you are going to get.
To gauge the spread in the community in Los Angles County in California they were using the % of positives. I think I heard them mentioned is was 10% in LA county whereas in New York 40% of all the people tested were positive.

In any case the key thing is that while the increase may be increasing numerically day to day it is slowing as a percentage.

Hardy

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 29, 2020, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 29, 2020, 06:23:21 PM
Seafoid must get paid for sharing news articles

He loves it

Who's forcing anyone to read them? What can be wrong with providing access to further information on the subject of a thread? Do you complain that there are too many books in your local library?

Rossfan

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 29, 2020, 07:02:55 PM

Very much so.

Lockdown as it stands at the moment is not working as well as we would hope. How new cases are occurring is something that needs to be ascertained ASAP.

Are shops the common factor?
Health workers are now about 25% of all cases and probably a higher percentage of the new cases.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 29, 2020, 07:33:02 PM

Very much so.

Lockdown as it stands at the moment is not working as well as we would hope. How new cases are occurring is something that needs to be ascertained ASAP.

Health workers are now about 25% of all cases and probably a higher percentage of the new cases.

Wonder will that be a reason for people not going into the health sector?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Very much so.

How are the hospitals surviving with the no of staff down?

I was reading earlier that Dybala (Juve player) is still positive for it six weeks after his initial diagnosis.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2020, 07:31:06 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 29, 2020, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 29, 2020, 06:23:21 PM
Seafoid must get paid for sharing news articles

He loves it

Who's forcing anyone to read them? What can be wrong with providing access to further information on the subject of a thread? Do you complain that there are too many books in your local library?

Seafoid did you get a ticking off for copying and pasting those articles?

Only posting the links its no biggie but on the Brexit thread he would post the whole article, which was the equivalent of pulling out the books in the library and setting them on the floor.

Hardy

I don't see the problem. How hard is it to skip what you don't want to read? Many of those articles would  be from sources most would not have subscriptions to.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Angelo on April 29, 2020, 07:43:10 PM

Very much so.

How are the hospitals surviving with the no of staff down?

I was reading earlier that Dybala (Juve player) is still positive for it six weeks after his initial diagnosis.

In China they were finding people testing positive twice up to a month later but showing no symptoms the second time round.

Anyhow, the yanks seem so some positive news on a treatment.

Milltown Row2

They've (yanks) so many cases cause their tests are soooo much better that the rest of the world
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2020, 08:20:21 PM
I don't see the problem. How hard is it to skip what you don't want to read? Many of those articles would  be from sources most would not have subscriptions to.
+1. I don't see the issue. Though when he posts several I would like it if he rated them in order, so I could just go straight to the best article. We don't all have time to read them all!

Aaron Boone

Dow Jones Index up over 2% today, has been quietly rising since the mid-March crash. They must be looking long-term.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on April 29, 2020, 08:20:21 PM

Many sites, including the FT and the New York Times have made the virus articles free.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2020, 08:43:04 PM
They've (yanks) so many cases cause their tests are soooo much better that the rest of the world

The tests are beautiful, ask anybody. I know more about tests than probably anybody.