Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 02:18:26 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2020, 01:52:19 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 09:00:19 AM
My views on SF are well known so my next question is genuine not a swipe. Has anyone heard anything from Mary Lou? Is she sick?

Funny you don't include Michael Martin or Peadar Tobin in that sentence.

?
Of course i didn't ,they have both been quite prevalent last few weeks on all media. Got my Easter Lily yesterday from Aontú. Ar son na saoirse.

Aontu, now it all makes sense.

Hard to see where Aontú are going. Peadar, a nice lad, got elected but the rest got wiped.  Bit right wing for my liking.

He needs to starting delegating the workload otherwise he'll be an ineffective Jim!!

I don't think thry are right winged tbh, Conservative on question of abortion, I do agree on the manpower point though.
Need to start at local level first and build, but it's a long long road

I'd say, and most people agree they are right wing - formed on one issue and that could be/is their problem.  They are cons, catholic and right wing.

This was the issue in the recent southern election.  The abortion issue wasn't really relevant to the southern electorate - that boat has sailed.

A Mc C is a fantastic candidate but got a very bad vote in Leitrim/Sligo.   Just standing for the sake of standing is not a tactic. They need to push past the Peadar 'I'm the Boss' Tobin.  Jim Allister is the same with the TUV.  Hume was the same with the SDLP.

In fairness, Tobin did really well to get elected in a 3 seater.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2020, 05:07:13 PM
My views on SF are well known so my next question is genuine not a swipe. Has anyone heard anything from Mary Lou? Is she sick?

?
Of course i didn't ,they have both been quite prevalent last few weeks on all media. Got my Easter Lily yesterday from Aontú. Ar son na saoirse.

Hard to see where Aontú are going. Peadar, a nice lad, got elected but the rest got wiped.  Bit right wing for my liking.

He needs to starting delegating the workload otherwise he'll be an ineffective Jim!!

I don't think thry are right winged tbh, Conservative on question of abortion, I do agree on the manpower point though.

FFS the party was only formed due to abortion issue. They don't stand for anything else you cant find in one of the other parties. I don't like my republicanism tinged with the catholic church.
I'd say most Protestant Churches and Islam are opposed to abortion too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

?

FFS the party was only formed due to abortion issue. They don't stand for anything else you cant find in one of the other parties. I don't like my republicanism tinged with the catholic church.

Tbh it was more thsn thst, if there had gave been a vote of conscience allowed, there would have been no split, I think that more thsn anything pissed people off

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2020, 05:09:44 PM

?

I'd say, and most people agree they are right wing - formed on one issue and that could be/is their problem.  They are cons, catholic and right wing.

This was the issue in the recent southern election.  The abortion issue wasn't really relevant to the southern electorate - that boat has sailed.

A Mc C is a fantastic candidate but got a very bad vote in Leitrim/Sligo.   Just standing for the sake of standing is not a tactic. They need to push past the Peadar 'I'm the Boss' Tobin.  Jim Allister is the same with the TUV.  Hume was the same with the SDLP.

In fairness, Tobin did really well to get elected in a 3 seater.

But as most opponents agree they are sf on everything except one issue. Surely if thst is true and they hold same economic stance etc they can't be right winged.

Yep Anne shouid never have gone down to sligo, she got good vote out here in Ballyarnett. She got elected

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 07:47:32 PM

?

Tbh it was more thsn thst, if there had gave been a vote of conscience allowed, there would have been no split, I think that more thsn anything pissed people off

If you dont want to abide by party decisions don't join a party, go independent. Will Peadair not be imposing a whip in Aontu?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2020, 09:56:07 PM

?

If you dont want to abide by party decisions don't join a party, go independent. Will Peadair not be imposing a whip in Aontu?
[/quote

Newsflash, sf were the only party to apply the whip on this. Surely you knew that

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 06, 2020, 10:01:22 PM

?

[/quote

Newsflash, sf were the only party to apply the whip on this. Surely you knew that

Yes because they stand for something and they supported abortion in their manifesto. You can hardly say one thing as a party and then let your TDs do what they want. But sure maybe the FF an FG approach is better for you, say one thing do the other, sit on the fence and stand for nothing.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 07, 2020, 09:35:18 AM

?

[/quote

Yes because they stand for something and they supported abortion in their manifesto. You can hardly say one thing as a party and then let your TDs do what they want. But sure maybe the FF an FG approach is better for you, say one thing do the other, sit on the fence and stand for nothing.

it is called vote of conscience for a reason. You do know that it would never have happened under Martin McGuinness' watch

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 07, 2020, 10:24:06 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 07, 2020, 09:35:18 AM

?

[/quote

it is called vote of conscience for a reason. You do know that it would never have happened under Martin McGuinness' watch

How do you know, can you make contact with the dead now too? Is that to do with Aontu's close links with God?

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on April 10, 2020, 08:39:28 AM
Social distancing rules do not apply to funerals for SF councillors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/psni-investigate-as-crowds-attend-funeral-of-former-sinn-f%C3%A9in-councillor-1.4225342

Thats very poor and reckless behaviour. Have you evidence to suggest that this is only happening at the funerals of SF councillors?

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on April 10, 2020, 09:22:26 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 10, 2020, 08:39:28 AM
Social distancing rules do not apply to funerals for SF councillors.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/psni-investigate-as-crowds-attend-funeral-of-former-sinn-f%C3%A9in-councillor-1.4225342

Thats very poor and reckless behaviour. Have you evidence to suggest that this is only happening at the funerals of SF councillors?

Second paragraph in;

Politicians including Sinn Féin Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill criticised how the funeral rules appeared to have been broken at the funeral of former Sinn Féin representative Francie McNally on Wednesday.

general_lee

Taylor

He may be obsessed but its hard to justify no matter what side you are on.

Interestingly the priest said the rules were enforced inside the grounds so obviously the issue is on the way to the burial.

Its a f**king tough one - how do you stop people wanting to pay their respects (albeit this looks like it was organised rather than people just showing up)

johnnycool

Quote from: Taylor on April 10, 2020, 09:43:39 AM
He may be obsessed but its hard to justify no matter what side you are on.

Interestingly the priest said the rules were enforced inside the grounds so obviously the issue is on the way to the burial.

Its a f**king tough one - how do you stop people wanting to pay their respects (albeit this looks like it was organised rather than people just showing up)

That's it though, no one is trying to justify it, even Michelle O'Neill.

They were wrong to do it in so close a proximity to each other and has rightly been condemned across the board.