Mick O'Dwyer

Started by portlaoisekid, January 09, 2018, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on January 09, 2018, 04:57:15 PM
less than 2 or 3 minutes covering his time with Laois and Wicklow so heavily edited I would think.
You could make a mini series out of the man.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on January 09, 2018, 05:09:14 PM
less than 2 or 3 minutes covering his time with Laois and Wicklow so heavily edited I would think.

You could make a mini series if he got paid!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on January 09, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

You could, if Denis O' Brien or Dermot Desmond or Mark Zukerberg were prepared to fund it.
"A well paid man" to paraphrase Padraig Flynn!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Joeythelips

Its sad that he had a go at laois players. They gave everything to the cause. Micko was no tactical genius, he could see there was talent in Laois with the underage success in the 90's. I dont think we would have won anything without him so credit to the man but basically he someone who came in and everyone in the county committed to the cause as players were desperate for success. He was a big name gael who galvanised the whole county. We had people willing to invest in the county, people were willing to buy tickets for draws as they knew it was needed, players were willing to commit to training that involved lots of laps, running like that not only gets you fit but weeds out people who don't really have the hunger for battle. The whole county was behind the cause as their was a buzz and a belief.

I remember coming out of Croker after we beat the Dubs and everyone suddenly believed anything was possible, as previous posters have said he gave us great days and memories but he was not stupid and was well rewarded. I also remember reading the rumours that the press picked up on that Micko may be interested in the Dublin job, I also heard at the time he was owed a substantial amount from Laois CB which he was then paid and the story went away so he was no ones fool. He was a great man but does not make him immune to criticism.