The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

The B match tonight away to Keady in the championship has a 6.45pm throw in.  Meeting in Abbey for 6.  (only found out this morning as the Irish News didn't carry a throw in time yesterday)

Louis the Red

Anyone know the venue and time for the Senior Championship game against Cross on 3rd June?

corn02

Scheduled for Keady, Junee 3rd - 8pm.

bennydorano

B's beat Keady tonight 1-7 to 0-6.  Hard to single out any one player as it was an excellent team performance, different players had their moments at different times.  Keady were Keady, tried to physically bully the youngest lads on the pitch, tackle with fists etc....  Sam McClatchey was ref >:( When is the mid board going to put him out of his misery? a disgrace.

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2007, 12:18:25 AM
B's beat Keady tonight 1-7 to 0-6.  Hard to single out any one player as it was an excellent team performance, different players had their moments at different times.  Keady were Keady, tried to physically bully the youngest lads on the pitch, tackle with fists etc....  Sam McClatchey was ref >:( When is the mid board going to put him out of his misery? a disgrace.
McClatchey has been a carbunkle on the arsehole of Armagh football for decades benny and I think he will drop dead reffing a game (badly).

teams see Sam reffing and know that they will get away with murder because he was a thug when he kicked a ball back in the day  but the truth is he stinks as a ref just like he did as a player and they will probably wheel him out there until somebody gets their neck broke and then tell him he is done.

As for keady picking on the lighter lads, sure tey have done tha for years and got away with that, it has served them well over the years. I dunno why but I detest keady and always did and the only saving grace for that tip was the fact that it always produced a couple of tremendous looking quare and that always helped.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2007, 03:22:33 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2007, 12:18:25 AM
McClatchey has been a carbunkle on the arsehole of Armagh football for decades benny and I think he will drop dead reffing a game (badly).

teams see Sam reffing and know that they will get away with murder because he was a thug when he kicked a ball back in the day  but the truth is he stinks as a ref just like he did as a player and they will probably wheel him out there until somebody gets their neck broke and then tell him he is done.

As for keady picking on the lighter lads, sure tey have done tha for years and got away with that, it has served them well over the years. I dunno why but I detest keady and always did and the only saving grace for that tip was the fact that it always produced a couple of tremendous looking quare and that always helped.

And so speaks Brad Pitt.........or is it little s**t ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Spiritof98

Good luck to the lads tomorrow night. Time for the boys to become men. Come on the Harps!!!!!!!!!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Spiritof98 on June 02, 2007, 10:28:22 AM
Good luck to the lads tomorrow night. Time for the boys to become men. Come on the Harps!!!!!!!!!

Good call!! As a Harps supporter, all I ask is that those who play tomorrow night have the same pride in the jersey that management had in their playing days!

If that's the case, irrespective of the result, I will have no complaints!   ;) 

By the way - out of commission for a while, so good to be back. Will get a report up on the Whitecross game for the Harps website as soon as possible - does not make for nice reading!!  :(

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rufus T Firefly

Rufus T Firefly

Have to say that painful and all as the defeat was tonight, great to see the team playing with pride in the shirt. Cross won by 0-14 to 1-04, and were clearly the better team, but the Harps were up for the game and I thought did themselves proud! Best for the Harps were Charlie Vernon and Kevin Daly with Nippy and Colly Holmes giving it their all throughout!

Get a report up on the Harps website tomorrow!   

Scarface

Thought the Harps lads did well - showed a fair bit of fight but Cross showed a lot of class when needed...the ref was a total joke..thought vernon was excellent....have to say I thought both holmes and Nippy were pretty quiet with neither standing out. When you play Cross you got to take all the chances that come your way and Harps had a few at the start of the 2nd half but did not capitalise

orangeman

Cross will be a hard nut to crack for any team - so well done for giving them a good game -

hoganstandman

you after a degree in avoiding the topic.

orangeman

I've addressed the topic - are you happy now ?