The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Skiddybadoo

Notice:

The Annual Mass for deceased members will be held on Thursday 4th November ,  in St Malachy's at 7.30pm.

stew

I just got back from our clubs annual general meeting, hands down the best thing we did in the year was take a group of kids from the states to Abbey park, the kids and parents voted the gaelic training stumpy put on the highlight of the season, the Harps are a special club and the kids i brought with me love the fact that 100 kids were there training even though their area was five times bigger yet one fifth of the playing population of the City of armagh.

The Gaa is an amazing concept, and the people like rufus and stumpy are the backbone of the organization, to me the games are original and challenging and I am proud to be a gael.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Skiddybadoo

Notices for Friday 29 October:

A Fancy Dress Halloween Disco for primary school children from P4 to P7, will be held in the Armagh Harps Social Club on Friday 29 October, from 7.00pm until 9.00pm.
Admission is £3 per child and all primary school children from P4 to P7 are very welcome.  

The Mick Higgins Cup Final will be played between the U-18s of Armagh Harps and Pearse Og this Friday evening in Abbey Park.  Throw-in will be at 7.30pm.

Harps true

Can one confirm if it is of any benefit as a member of the club to attend this years AGM. Having not being there last year due to the pressure's of starting a new job but hearing how farcical it was, one wants to know is it a waste of time? Supposable new Chairman not standing because of vote of no confidence in football debate, then Breen/ O'Kane rejected as incoming managers then to be reappointed as managers by the chairman that wasn't to be. Feeling a bit mixed up.   :(

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Harps true on October 27, 2010, 08:40:27 PM
Can one confirm if it is of any benefit as a member of the club to attend this years AGM. Having not being there last year due to the pressure's of starting a new job but hearing how farcical it was, one wants to know is it a waste of time? Supposable new Chairman not standing because of vote of no confidence in football debate, then Breen/ O'Kane rejected as incoming managers then to be reappointed as managers by the chairman that wasn't to be. Feeling a bit mixed up.   :(

One should stay at home - it'll help one clear one's head!!   ;)

Skiddybadoo

Armagh Harps invites all 2010 Active Members to an "Appreciation Night" in the Social Club this coming Saturday evening (6 November). 

A light supper and music will be provided as a mark of gratitude to those who have given their time during the year for the benefit of the Club.

Come along, bring your partner and enjoy the craic!

thewanderer

Skiddy is there a free bar, if so i might gate crash

Harps true

That seems to be a typical arrogant attitude from a few in the club in these last few years. Was only asking, don't let the true facts hurt Rufus!!!

armaghniac

Quotethe kids i brought with me love the fact that 100 kids were there training even though their area was five times bigger yet one fifth of the playing population of the City of armagh.

Imagine how impressed they would have been in a real GAA area in the likes of Silverbridge!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Harps true on November 02, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
That seems to be a typical arrogant attitude from a few in the club in these last few years. Was only asking, don't let the true facts hurt Rufus!!!

One sought advice. One provided one with said advice. And now one doth protest?? 

Methinks one doth protest too much!!    ;)

Harps true

Never protested in all my years about anything Harps, just simply supported everything Harps for the record. Opinion should always be respected at all times weather one thinks it's right or wrong!!!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Harps true on November 03, 2010, 08:11:28 PM
Never protested in all my years about anything Harps, just simply supported everything Harps for the record. Opinion should always be respected at all times weather one thinks it's right or wrong!!!!

Well said that man!

A great attitude which serves you well!!   8)

Harps true

Thanks, but still no answer to my original question. But what to hell!!! Anyway hope there's a good turnout at deceased members mass tomorrow night, it will be the first time I won't be there in a long time, but will remember all the Harps greats in my prayers.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Harps true on November 03, 2010, 09:15:17 PM
Thanks, but still no answer to my original question. But what to hell!!!