The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

realspiritof98....im'd you there, check your messages

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: corn02 on January 07, 2009, 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 07, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
I would be very suprised if we 'steamroller' Division 2.  With Vernon and Holmes available maybe, but they will be missing for the majority of games I'd imagine. 

Swift being there will be abig boost and you have to imagine he will stand out massively in division two. Always had a soft spot for the Harps, hope they come back up.

Thanks for that Corn!

History I'm afraid wouldn't point to Harps doing any steamrolling at all, and as Benny says the absence of Collie and Charlie are blows that we can't absorb like the other leading contenders can. Still, with a new broom in, hopefully that will give fresh impetus to the campaign. Best of luck to all.

Rufus T Firefly

It's that time of year again lads!!

MEMBERSHIP FEES 2009

Full/Football - £25

10 Year Full/Football - £200

Social - £15

Honorary/OAP - £0

Youth - £10

Please note that membership is now due, and can be paid to Sean Powell or any Committee member by 1st March 2009. Please note that those members who have paid by the due date will get preference for tickets for Armagh Championship games this Summer.

The posters are already up. Please get membership in as soon as possible and please pass on the word - I will be asking!

Redhandfan

Rufus, I know I have been missing for the past twelve months but is it OK if I pay my membership fee for 2009 to that flame-haired fella from Abbey Park whose playing career was cut short by a bad back?  I see him every working day and I think he can be trusted with my hard earned cash. 

Well done on the book - a great read altogether and it is almost as good as the Moy's Centenary publication which is also on general sale at the moment.  What I enjoyed most about the Harps book is that the aforementioned flame-haired fella is not pictured on any page, despite winning a couple of championship medals and at least one underage player of the year award.  Tis great to see some well known Moy Gaels featuring prominently in your book as well!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Redhandfan on January 12, 2009, 10:08:00 PM
Rufus, I know I have been missing for the past twelve months but is it OK if I pay my membership fee for 2009 to that flame-haired fella from Abbey Park whose playing career was cut short by a bad back?  I see him every working day and I think he can be trusted with my hard earned cash. 

Well done on the book - a great read altogether and it is almost as good as the Moy's Centenary publication which is also on general sale at the moment.  What I enjoyed most about the Harps book is that the aforementioned flame-haired fella is not pictured on any page, despite winning a couple of championship medals and at least one underage player of the year award.  Tis great to see some well known Moy Gaels featuring prominently in your book as well!

;D

You mean Tommy from Coronation Street?

Good to have you back - where the hell have you been??

Thanks for the kind words on the book by the way - I'll pass that on!

Redhandfan

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 12, 2009, 10:40:52 PM

;D

Yep, contrary to some tabloid reports, Tommy from Coronation Street is still alive and well.  That bit of a bang on the head he got while living in Weatherfield clearly didn't do him any harm.  I hear he has quit the acting and is now working part-time in some office on the Cathedral Road. 

As for my own whereabouts lately, I slipped and fell into the river blackwater while out for a Sunday morning stroll last January.  I floated about for some twelve months before finally coming ashore just last week.  Some old fella from Maghery fished me out.  I hope I didn't miss anything during my time away.  I presume Kerry got their three in a row and the Harps are still sitting proudly in Division One.....

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Redhandfan on January 12, 2009, 10:54:42 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 12, 2009, 10:40:52 PM

;D

Yep, contrary to some tabloid reports, Tommy from Coronation Street is still alive and well.  That bit of a bang on the head he got while living in Weatherfield clearly didn't do him any harm.  I hear he has quit the acting and is now working part-time in some office on the Cathedral Road. 

As for my own whereabouts lately, I slipped and fell into the river blackwater while out for a Sunday morning stroll last January.  I floated about for some twelve months before finally coming ashore just last week.  Some old fella from Maghery fished me out.  I hope I didn't miss anything during my time away.  I presume Kerry got their three in a row and the Harps are still sitting proudly in Division One.....

I'll have to have a word with those Maghery fellas!!   :P

bennydorano

Harps Presentation night will take place on Friday 30th January at 9pm in the social club.

Music by Autopilot

Light Supper will be served.

Congratulations to Marty Kelly, who will receive the Hall of Fame award.

Na Clairsigh

Senior training is back on friday??
Also heard that a team being entered into div 4 is a possibility due to the large numbers being expected.  Is this just sh**e talk or true bill.  I remember it being mentioned a few seasons back but nothing ever materialized

RealSpiritof98

Just finished the book, and what great read it was. All credit to Phil and his team of researchers on a detailed description of the history of our club. Got a few mentions and all.

stew

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 19, 2009, 11:36:07 AM
Just finished the book, and what great read it was. All credit to Phil and his team of researchers on a detailed description of the history of our club. Got a few mentions and all.

It is a credit to all those involved, especially Phil McGinn.

I applaud the Bobby Gambles of the world, they are the bread and butter of the association and the Harps have had a lot of people volunteer their time for many years and this has really helped the club become what it is, the same can be said about clubs all over the Country and is one of the things that makes the GAA special.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BerfArmagh

well lads is there many of ye going friday night?

Rufus T Firefly

I'll be down Berfa - proud night for the Kelly family - very well deserved award!! 

Should be a good evening!

BerfArmagh

Yeah we're looking forward to it, good oul wirte up in the locals today!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BerfArmagh on January 28, 2009, 04:04:10 PM
Yeah we're looking forward to it, good oul wirte up in the locals today!

Good write up as well in the new Harps News Sheet along with photos!