The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: drici on October 23, 2008, 10:45:06 PM
Any more word on when the book will be out?

Would you be able to get down drici? I left an invite out to PD a couple of weeks ago. This could be a wonder night!   :)

Rufus T Firefly

Sorry for the delay drici - pm returned.

Now - IT'S PARTY TIME!!   8)

rootthemout

excellent night rufus ;Dim sure you and paps were delighted,made me proud to be a na clairsigh man,roll on the gala ;Dnow to start reading the history

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: rootthemout on October 26, 2008, 10:17:02 AM
excellent night rufus ;D im sure you and paps were delighted,made me proud to be a na clairsigh man,roll on the gala ;D now to start reading the history

What a great night for Na Clairsigh Ard Mhacha. As you say Rootthemout, made me proud to be a Harps man.

Got a ton of photos which I'll put on a disk and send on to Yorkie - hopefully get them up on the website. Great to see the Club packed with so many greats!

mackers

Had a quick flick through the new book for a half hour or so yesterday afternoon, looks like a good read. Congratulations to Rufus Snr and all those involved.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

Book is now available for sale from the social club.

judas1

Quote from: rootthemout on October 26, 2008, 10:17:02 AM
excellent night rufus ;Dim sure you and paps were delighted,made me proud to be a na clairsigh man,roll on the gala ;Dnow to start reading the history
[/quote   well done to phill and the book committee on a great night.]

BerfArmagh

Rufus, Great night in the social club saturday night. The book is absolutley fantastic. I started reading it last night, & am blown away by some of the facts already. Kudos to Phil, an absolutely brilliant achievement.

Peter Mc Donnell spoke very well, makes ye proud to be a harps man

Looking forward to the Gala more than ever now.

Berf ;D

say nothin

Armagh Harps GFC and Author Phil McGinn

Invite you to the signing of his Book

" Armagh Harps GFC – 120 Years"

In Armagh Harps Social Club 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Thursday 30th October, 2008

corn02

Book looks well lads, Phil McGinn post on here? Best of luck with it.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: corn02 on October 30, 2008, 12:47:13 AM

Corn, as Mackers posted above:

Congratulations to Rufus Snr and all those involved.

corn02

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 30, 2008, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 30, 2008, 12:47:13 AM

Corn, as Mackers posted above:

Congratulations to Rufus Snr and all those involved.

Ah yes so I hear, congrats to all.

Rufus T Firefly

Thanks for that Corn.     ;)

The book signing was last night in the Club and I'm delighted to say that there was a big crowd who came down across the two hours.

Book selling well and plenty of positive feedback already in!   ;D

rafferotti

Rufus
Great to see the book is ready and I will purchase one when at home xmas to help further educate the Milanese on the unique game.Mind you Italians will not be happy to hear that there is a controversial 1987 bias against bronzed legged substitutes who are only allowed to warm the bench and touchline........never to get on. >:(

Rufus tell Rufus senior, congratulazioni, he deserves all the positive feedback that will come his way,and I might catch up with you this xmas for a decent pint.

Keep me a signed copy aside 8)

Rufus T Firefly

What about you Raff? Long time no hear!! Great to know you might be paying a visit this Christmas!! Hope everyone keeping well in Milan.

:D :D That made me laugh thinking about that 'substitute appearance' against Rangers in the County semi-final in '87!

What was it Cillian Shortt said. 'Watch him - just watch him!!'   :D

The stuff of legend! Signed copy being kept aside for you!  ;)