The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Uladh

A fine footballer no doubt but he'll never be a half back at county level. defensively he's just not up to scratch. now if he were able to mark and tackle he'd be some asset breaking out of defence.

Skiddybadoo

You may not think CV a good enough tackler or marker to be an intercounty half back - but it's his best position.  His reading of the game is underrated and he cuts out balls in the AOR fashion.  I'd say it's his lack of pace that would count agaist him if detailed a man marking role.  I think his tackling has actually regressed since he came onto the senior squad.  Some of the crisp pinpoint balls he delvered tonight (don't think he wasted one) were excellent.

Uladh

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: fcuksake on August 30, 2008, 11:16:02 PM
i dont any think any winning manager/player/supporter care how well a team play come championship time as long as you win by a point thats what matters.

I'm sure you dont care how the ogs play 2moro as long as they win.

An ugly win would do us today surely

fcuksake

yous won handy 2nite El.

a Handsome victory ;)     
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Rufus T Firefly

Great win for our Seniors in the Senior Championship on Saturday night. Report has been put up on our website.

http://www.armaghharps.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=32&cntnt01returnid=37

maddog

Great news rufus, hopefully the start of something good.

Rufus T Firefly

Have to say Maddog that outside of Cross there would be no-one to fear. The team played well in patches the other night - it's just a pity that we're probably going to be without Collie Holmes for another round at least. He would be a big addition. Still - any win is a good win!  :)

gaapunter

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 01, 2008, 01:25:39 PM
Have to say Maddog that outside of Cross there would be no-one to fear. The team played well in patches the other night - it's just a pity that we're probably going to be without Collie Holmes for another round at least. He would be a big addition. Still - any win is a good win!  :)

I am sure the remaining 7 teams in the SFC will be shit scared to meet the harps  :o- I hope we get them walk over - They are still a truly awful team- But at least you got to play a division 2 team to warm up for the long season in division 2 next year

Rufus T Firefly

To be fair g'unt', we would be like most of the rest - more or less on a par - wouldn't fear anyone outside Rangers!

You're not Shane O'Neill by chance?

gaapunter

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 01, 2008, 02:00:58 PM
To be fair g'**t', we would be like most of the rest - more or less on a par - wouldn't fear anyone outside Rangers!

You're not Shane O'Neill by chance?

whats g**t mean?

Not Shane O'Neills- Clans Lurgan man through & through

and the harps are certainly not on a par with any of the teams left in - apart from possibly clan eirann

fcuksake

first day back at school punter ;D

gaapunter

Quote from: fcuksake on September 01, 2008, 06:18:29 PM
first day back at school punter ;D

It was indeed I seen your sister there -some craic

fcuksake

aint got any...oh and with the SFC draw outcome

Goodbye SFC 2008 ;D ;D ;D ;D. :D :D :D