Final Whistle

Gearad McDonagh has the crabs. I swear its true!!!!! :P :P :P

Long time dead

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 03, 2007, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: Long time dead on July 03, 2007, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 02, 2007, 01:05:19 PM
Quote from: Long time dead on July 02, 2007, 07:58:39 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 02, 2007, 12:00:42 AM
Have to say I thought we were a tad fortunate to come away with a win today; a very important win at that. I didn;t hink anyone on our side had a great game, although the efforts of Nippy and Gerard McDonagh were most worthy of mention.

Still problems with the club site, so I'll get a report up here for today as well as last Sunday at Mullabawn

Winner of the most up-to-date site of the year.  :D :D :D You would think the homepage at least could be changed!

Hmmm........ This could be difficult.

Can I refer you to my line above, that you quoted me on, where you highlighted the text in bold?   ::)

Ah sorry you were all having problems since January.  ::) ::) ::)  Good to see it sorted now.  :P

I haven't seen your own computer expertise offered...in a voluntary capacity of course!!   ::) 

Still and all - we'll settle just for membership at this stage!  ;)

I haven't any to offer - skills that is; and I'm not a member or have ever been a member of any club; I wasn't trying to offend - just last few posts you mentioned your site was down and I saw it was still doing day at the races from way back.  ???

bennydorano

B Game v Madden off tonight - Abbey unplayable.  Saturday's game v the Ogs at 6.30pm goes ahead at the minute.

The senior game is Friday night and not Thursday.

Rufus T Firefly

With apologies for the delay - report of defeat in Mullabawn below - Clans report to follow shortly.

Mullabawn v Harps

Harps failed to capitalise on the good form shown on Friday against Dromintee when they travelled to Mullabawn on Sunday morning and lost to the locals by four points, in a match in which they had every chance to make it a double success.

Harps were slow to settle and allowed the home team to point from a free in their first attack. Joe Quigley eventually pointed from a free out on the right and as attacks continued, half backs Martin Gill and Martin McCoy raced through to try their luck, but unfortunately three wides resulted. Mullabawn then showed how simple it could be done when they opened up the Harps rearguard to regain the lead after 17 minutes with three points in a row. A good piece of play by Jungle McKee for Harps saw his forward drive being touched on by Harpo McKenna to Joe Quigley, and Joe soloed in for a second point. However Mullabawn, building up their attacks from deep, were quick to reply and were able to add a further two points. Harps rallied somewhat through the efforts of Nippy Swift and Simon Lennon. These efforts created plenty of chances but wild shooting and choosing the wrong options did not help our cause. Harps however did manage to close the half with a score; good work again by Harpo creating the opportunity for Joe Quigley to hit his third point.

Half time, Mullabawn 0-06, Harps 0-03.

Mullabawn began the second half as they did the first, with a quick point from play. Harps again rallied somewhat. Gerard McDonagh's persistence in harassing the Mullabawn defence turned the ball over and he himself sent the ball over the bar. From the kick out Simon Lennon won possession and from the quick ball in a free was won. Joe Quigley duly pointed to cut the gap to two points. Harps continued to attack and Chuckie Morris was prominent going forward and creating another opportunity for Joe Quigley, which he yet again finished expertly, to leave a single point between the teams. However this work was undone when a slip by a defender allowed Mullabawn in for a point. Nippy Swift was playing great stuff in the middle, and was creating opportunities through his strength and determination. Minnie Holmes gathered a dangerous ball into the Mullabawn centre and tapped over to leave a solitary point in the game, and the Harps supporters hopeful of a draw at least. Harps made one final push for home, but great though the effort was, it was not matched by accuracy and opportunities to pull level from three frees came to nothing. Mullabawn eventually did manage to break out of defence and ended the game with a flourish, rattling over three unanswered points, to leave four points between the teams at the final whistle.

Final score, Mullabawn 0-11, Harps 0-07.

This was a game in which Harps played well for long periods but were ultimately undone by poor shooting. Mullabawn on the other hand appeared to be able take some excellent points from all sorts of angles with the minimum of effort, and therein lay the difference. Best for Harps were Martin Gill, Simon Lennon and Joe Quigley with Harps' man of the match Nippy Swift outstanding in a losing cause. The Harps fielded as follows.  Willie McSorley, Fergus McAleavey, Jungle McKee, Kevin Daly (Ciaran Clifford), Chuckie Morris, Martin Gill, Martin McCoy, Nippy Swift, Simon Lennon, Harpo McKenna, Minnie Holmes 0-1, Joe Quigley 0-5 (0-2 frees), Matthew Cartmill (Smackers McEneaney) Gerard McDonagh 0-1 and Ebby Toal.

Louis the Red

Is the pitch playable for tonights game?  There has been some rain these last few days.

Iron Fist

abbey should be playable for tonights games against crossmaglen,it is one of the best pitches in the county. I just hope Dom and the lads build on the recent form of their home matches,although i am undecided as to what Minnie Holmes brings to the team,any views?

topgun

Quote from: Iron Fist on July 06, 2007, 03:34:39 PM
abbey should be playable for tonights games against crossmaglen,it is one of the best pitches in the county. I just hope Dom and the lads build on the recent form of their home matches,although i am undecided as to what Minnie Holmes brings to the team,any views?

IMHO mini is a very intelligent footballer who wins alot of break ball, chf is possibly not his best position, bit late at this stage to be trying new things, if nippy releases the quality of ball quickly into the forward line like he did last week we will do well
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Iron Fist

Harpo wins more breaking ball than Minnie,and uses it more intelligently,we are just about half way through the league,so it is not too late to try new ideas.It has taken Nippy a little while to adjust to playing the Harps way,but he is getting there,welcome back Nippy,the countys loss is our gain. 

Louis the Red

Quote. I just hope Dom and the lads build on the recent form of their home matches,although i am undecided as to what Minnie Holmes brings to the team,any views?

With Harpo starting the last few games with Minnie, have you any suggestions on what subs you would start before him?

Iron Fist

I think Mc Donagh in chf would be better,he has pace and craft,when he gets the ball,maybe Minnie in corner forward instead of cartmill,mathew is small and light,little confidence,what does he bring to the squad.As for  Wee Joe Quigley,what has happened to his form, seems Joe is struggling with his shooting,is he injured or just over played

topgun

Quote from: Iron Fist on July 06, 2007, 04:02:26 PM
I think Mc Donagh in chf would be better,he has pace and craft,when he gets the ball,maybe Minnie in corner forward instead of cartmill,mathew is small and light,little confidence,what does he bring to the squad.As for  Wee Joe Quigley,what has happened to his form, seems Joe is struggling with his shooting,is he injured or just over played

We're fighting for our safety in the division so stick with wats working McDonagh has been brilliant at ff, wee joe always wants to play injured or not and has done so all his life for the harps, think its a case of burnout a month off would cure him but we cant afford that, kevin kelly back will hopefully ease the scoring preesure on joe.

Louis the Red

McDonagh has played his best senior football these last few games in full forward, I would leave him there.  Cartmill is turning up to training and showing the commitment, which a few others are lacking.  I think Dom is rewarding him for this by starting him. Joe has lost a bit of form, but ya can't fault him, he still gets us the scores week after week and is still our most valuable player.

topgun

Senior game off tonight Abbey not playable, B game against the Ogs tomorrow evening at 6:30pm, good turnout needed we have to play this fixture if Abbey not playable it will be reversed i.e in Ballycrummy all players meet at Abbey for 5:30pm

Iron Fist

Kelly in full forward,flanked by ebby and minnie, thats a good full foward line,harpo,mc donagh and wee joe in half fowards present plenty of scoring threat

topgun

iron fist are you mcdonagh in discuise, hes playing well at ff wats this agenda of putting him into a position he is not physically enough for