Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 26, 2018, 09:30:02 AM
The current U12 to Minor age group at Aghagallon isn't too bad.....  8)

This years U12 Div 1 SW Winners, U14 Div 1 SW Winners, U16 Shield Winners, Minor Div 1 Winners and quite a few MacRory and Hogans threw in for good measure this year.

Should be the makings of a good senior team from 2020 onwards.......  :P

More like 2025 ....... what do we do in the meantime??

Na Glinntí Glasa

This years U12 Div 1 SW Winners, U14 Div 1 SW Winners, U16 Shield Winners, Minor Div 1 Winners and quite a few MacRory and Hogans threw in for good measure this year.

was at the final between ourselves. Some great wee players there on both sides.

same group won the hurling final the following week against Ballycastle after ET. Potential double senior champions in 2020 ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

The Gs Man

Was a decent game alright.

One of your midfielders was particularly impressive.
Keep 'er lit

Mickey Linden

What age do they start drinking buckfast by the gallon?

The Gs Man

Brush their teeth with it from the age of 3.
Keep 'er lit

Belfast GAA man

Cargin LD replay should be a good game on Sunday. Any predictions or injury news out there.....

Hectic

Aghagallon have been stong at underage for a few years now and the conveyor belt seems to keep producing. Next step is to turn it into senior success. Still a big challenge against many established teams but have a better chance than some. Right now potential as opposed to proven but great work nonetheless.

bogieman

Quote from: Hectic on September 29, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
Aghagallon have been stong at underage for a few years now and the conveyor belt seems to keep producing. Next step is to turn it into senior success. Still a big challenge against many established teams but have a better chance than some. Right now potential as opposed to proven but great work nonetheless.

Aghagallon are successful already; and still have more potential.
They are a comfortable div.1 team, and may do the double in 3-5 years, all on their new pitch.

Ps. Cargin will not make the same mistake as last week.

Pss the weekends big match is in ballycastle.

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Hectic

Quote from: bogieman on September 29, 2018, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: Hectic on September 29, 2018, 08:24:30 AM

Aghagallon are successful already; and still have more potential.
They are a comfortable div.1 team, and may do the double in 3-5 years, all on their new pitch.

Ps. Cargin will not make the same mistake as last week.

Pss the weekends big match is in ballycastle.

The last few years have been a great success but the challenge I am talking about now is not to view success as getting to and staying in Div 1 but rather aiming and pushing to be the very best. Good underage structures is key to this but so is converting it to senior success. Or could just settled for being a Div 1 team.

Belfast GAA man

I see cargin 1/2 and LD 2/1 which is closer than last week in the bookies.Cargin were super in first half but they seriously panicked in the 2nd half even though they have some very experienced players - surprised me

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 29, 2018, 02:52:37 PM
I see cargin 1/2 and LD 2/1 which is closer than last week in the bookies.Cargin were super in first half but they seriously panicked in the 2nd half even though they have some very experienced players - surprised me
The bookmakers are in the know.... ;)

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 30, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
that's why they are rich and I'm skint!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 30, 2018, 06:47:01 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 30, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
that's why they are rich and I'm skint!
Yep some were surprised.....but Cargin were focused on the league... ;)
And when such, and the O'Cahan cup were lost I think, they decided to give their best in championship..... 8)

imtommygunn

Calm down cb nothing is won yet!!

Hectic

Anyone got any idea of when and where this weekends semi finals are being played? Nothing on county website but one would assume decisions have been made and clubs notified at this stage?