Quote from: belfastsaff on May 11, 2018, 02:26:22 PM
just having a look at tonight's ACL DIV 1 Games
st johns v kickams = st johns
Cargin v st Galls = Cargin
Rossa v LD = Rossa
Ag v st T's = AG
Glenavy v ahoghill = Glenavy
St endas v Casements = St endas
All very competitive games tonight that will go down to the last kick of the ball. Watched st endas beat cargin at the weekend cargin down a few however st endas were flying big russ has them going well

You might want to try again !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Cargin playing the reserves tonight?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Christmas Lights

CARGIN

Conor Ewart, Mark Keegan, James Laverty, Kevin Mc Shane, David Johnston (0-02), Justin Crozier, Michael Clarke, John Carron, Gerard Mc Cann, Ciaran Bradley, Michael Mc Cann, Brendan Laverty, Enda Mc Grogan, Michael Magill, Tomas Mc Cann (1-04)

Not to many reserves there by the looks of things?
What has happened Cargin this last 2 games?

Cassidy under MASSIVE pressure now. When paying top dollar, I'd be expecting results

Belfast GAA man

Be foolish to write of St Galls like everyone has - lot of know how and some young legs too - LD only beat them in injury time last year and they won it

Points a Good Score

I'd imagine Cassidy's remit with Cargin is to regain the Championship rather than win another league title, so whilst there might be a few eyebrows raised at the results I don't think there will be any mass panic in Toome just yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Points a Good Score on May 12, 2018, 12:10:10 PM
I'd imagine Cassidy's remit with Cargin is to regain the Championship rather than win another league title, so whilst there might be a few eyebrows raised at the results I don't think there will be any mass panic in Toome just yet.

Would it not be to do better in Ulster? Chronic displays with a very good team.. Cassidy obviously putting a playing style in place, should bear fruit come championship I'd imagine..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

I hear Damien Cassidy was brought in to ensure Cargin would regain the league title and I can believe that when as Christmas Tree points out they are fielding at strength.
Marty Kane, Kobo,, Tony Scullion, Kieran Close, Paul Mc Can, Gerard Mc Corley, Donnach Mc Keever, John Mc Nabb and Jamie Gribbin have all been dropped and were all parked in the bench last nite.
St Gall's with a lotta young talent introduced must be strong favourites to regain the senior title 2018.. ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 12, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
I hear Damien Cassidy was brought in to ensure Cargin would regain the league title and I can believe that when as Christmas Tree points out they are fielding at strength.
Marty Kane, Kobo,, Tony Scullion, Kieran Close, Paul Mc Can, Gerard Mc Corley, Donnach Mc Keever, John Mc Nabb and Jamie Gribbin have all been dropped and were all parked in the bench last nite.
St Gall's with a lotta young talent introduced must be strong favourites to regain the senior title 2018.. ;)

That's what I thought, all the best on the bench or dropped or injured! Good sign to only be best by ten at home then with such a weak team out! The Championship matters, Cargin have nearly caught on that peaking in late August early September is best..

What's the average now of Cargins best team? Ourselves and uses are too old for the flying Johnnies/Lamhs lads, I'd say Creggan and Ports must feel they have chance

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2018, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 12, 2018, 12:59:02 PM

That's what I thought, all the best on the bench or dropped or injured! Good sign to only be best by ten at home then with such a weak team out! The Championship matters, Cargin have nearly caught on that peaking in late August early September is best..

What's the average now of Cargins best team? Ourselves and uses are too old for the flying Johnnies/Lamhs lads, I'd say Creggan and Ports must feel they have chance
Gall's are the best I have seen this year........out on their own if they can keep up the gallop.

Belfast GAA man

How can St Brigids be so strong as juvenile level and be mid table division 2 at senior? I think they have 2 teams at u12,u14,u16 and minor and are always competing in finals if not winning them - strange!

Christmas Lights

It's almost like success at youth level doesn't guarantee  success at senior level.  Who Would have thought  it like.

BrendanAntrim

yeah - weirdly, the successful u12's aren't allowed to play senior. Pity.  ::)

belfastsaff

After seeing Fridays results there has been a few surprises good to see kickams going up into the city and taking two points off st johns not often that happens, as bad of form cargin have been in and players missing I still think they would have got a result from the st galls game, I think ahoghills relegation is inevitable this season sad to see as for such a small club done so well for years. Four red cards in the St endas casements game I hear however st endas have started to show real character the past few weeks after a few hard luck results they have got two good results on the trot and a young team gaining momentum is a great combination - a two weeks break now as the saffs prepare to spring a surprise upon the men from the county down 

Na Glinntí Glasa

was at our game yday v st bridget's and it was horrible to watch. its most def at times like this you have to wonder who plans the games for clubs and what their logic is. They played a North Antrim hurling match v Carey on Saturday, the football on Sunday and then tonight they have the reserve hurling championship. thats 3 games in 3 days for some of them.

It made ydays game a farce and a waste of time for st bridget's travelling down from Belfast. Its deeply frustrating for any management to be put in the position where your asking fellas to play 3 days in a row.
hurl like f**k boi!

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 14, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
was at our game yday v st bridget's and it was horrible to watch. its most def at times like this you have to wonder who plans the games for clubs and what their logic is. They played a North Antrim hurling match v Carey on Saturday, the football on Sunday and then tonight they have the reserve hurling championship. thats 3 games in 3 days for some of them.

It made ydays game a farce and a waste of time for st bridget's travelling down from Belfast. Its deeply frustrating for any management to be put in the position where your asking fellas to play 3 days in a row.

Why was the football match not played on Friday night with the other fixtures? Agreed that it is too much to ask any player to complete that sort of schedule but apparently burn out is only applicable to underage players.